October 2018 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 3/12

On the run, so just borrowed the questions from Sunday’s thread (plus I love @mesamyt’s GTKY question!)

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: If you weren't in your current profession, what would you be doing?

Re: Monday Ticker Change 3/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 7 weeks, the size of a blueberry!

2. How are you feeling? Trying not to vomit. The nausea has hit full force. I'm hungry all the time but I don't want to eat anything. Anxiously awaiting second trimester.

3. Any appointments this week? First ultrasound tomorrow!

4. Rants/raves/questions? I feel like I've totally given up in terms of housework. DH is trying to help as much as he can and he keeps telling me to just rest. But I need to vacuum so bad and looking around the house makes me cringe.

Like @spartan4life, I work in a hospital laboratory. I'm a medical technologist but I'm actually going back to school to be a nurse. If I wasn't doing either of those I would want to be a writer.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    8 weeks! Baby is a raspberry or a kidney bean...I think the raspberry is cuter!

2. How are you feeling?  
    I have good days and bad ones but the good outweigh the bad for sure. Nausea comes and goes. So tired all the time. This bloat is driving me nuts, I’m already getting asked if I’m pregnant and having to shut that down.

Not until 3/29

Raves—my anxiety has really let up within the past week or so.  Rants—I have cravings for wine and beer. But I do not indulge them!

I work in health care, and I’m a total science nerd, but all my hobbies are creative. I would love to be an interior designer or a Disney animator!
  • Options
    *lurking*

@shortstack930 - I feel your pain. I hate having a messy house and I feel like I've completely let the house go. I have mini meltdowns about it and hubby tries to reassure me it's okay. It doesn't bother him like it does me.
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited March 2018
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? Either 8 or 9. So a raspberry or a green olive.

2. How are you feeling? Fine

3. Any appointments this week? Second u/s on Thurs to see if still tracking behind

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nothing pregnancy related aside from my impatience in waiting for Thursday. Will rave about a conference call I just got off of, though, because it was this powerhouse team of all women and it just made for such a great start to the week.

Doing the same type of job at Disney (I seriously love where I currently work - it's so cool - but I also love Disney), being a professional baker, or owning my own B&B on Cape Cod. I really think I'd love being a B&B owner, but I absolutely love working in supply chain/logistics so it's hard to envision much else.
  • Options
    9 weeks - cherry 

2. How are you feeling?
    Generally ok. Tired, hungry, nauseated sometimes, but it’s mild. 

Nope - not until the 27th. 

I hate this app. 

Well, I was a history/Econ teacher before becoming a stay at home mom. I was in rock bands before becoming a teacher, so maybe if I took that more seriously, I would be doing that. 
  • Options
    @stithof That training sounds super cool. Did your office host it?
  • Options
    @chopchop25 The Gay Alliance offers the training all over our area, but this one was held at a subcontractor agency of mine. It was really great. 
  • Options
    11 weeks, the size of a lime!
    2. How are you feeling?
    Not too bad, tired and hungry. 

Not till next week

5. GTKY: If you weren't in your current profession, what would you be doing
    I would definitely be doing computer work. I would love to not work with people.

• Options
    We are currently 10wks 2 days :) Baby is the size of a chocolate truffle...sounds yummy.

2. How are you feeling?
    Today, I actually feel ok. Getting over an ear infection, have horrible congestion, but I am not as nauseous as I was yesterday. Morning sickness is definitely still present, but it is not terrible every day. Boobs are still incredibly sore and I have been experiencing some round ligament pain. I celebrate the good days!

We have our genetic blood screening this week on Wed, which will also be able to tell us the gender of the sesame seed. We'll find that info out at our 12 wk appt. on Mar. 27. Super excited!

Rave- glad to have other mommas to experience this with and listen to your journeys. I really like this forum, and I definitely learn something new each time I read through posts.

I am currently an elementary school teacher, which I've done for the past 6 years. I love my students and my job, but I am actively considering being at home next year. I would be working online teaching ESL classes overseas to Chinese students. I also have some other side hustles lined up, regardless of whether or not I go back. I do want more time with the baby and take on this new role as mommy. Letting God and our finances guide our next steps. 
  • Options
    @cvv1030 I never knew this until this BMB, but ticker change is the day you switch to a new week in your pregnancy. We’re doing one for every day of the week, so it looks like your day is Saturday. 
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt Well, we learn something new every day...my brain and my uterus are running on their own timeline. :) At this point, if the bump didn't tell me the day and size, I'd be guessing based on how much I puked or did not puke that day. 
  • Options
    @cvv1030 Same. Also last time around my change was Monday, that was easy. Tuesday is  just weird.
  • Options
    MrsE120807MrsE120807 member
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    @shortstack930 How is nursing school going so far for you? I contemplated going back for nursing a few years ago, but didn’t. I ended up starting a Masters program last year so I’m enjoying the administration part of the Lab now.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Ugh this is not working. Sorry to clog this.
  • Options
    Test 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Is anyone else having trouble with the ap? I tried to post a few times from my phone and it kept reverting to my old username from TK/TN from over ten years ago! Geesh! Sorry ladies!

1. I was 11 weeks yesterday. Baby’s the size of a lime! 

2. I’m feeling pretty good! I’m still tired but I honestly can’t complain. 

3. No appointments this week. I had one last Friday and have one next Friday.

4. Question: Is anyone else RH negative? I received a call from my OB’s office today with the results of my blood work and among all the good news, I was told that because my blood type is negative, I need to know DH’s blood type too. If he is negative we’re fine. If he is positive, I will need a rhogam injection? Of course DH doesn’t know his blood type so he’s calling his doctor tomorrow to see if maybe it’s recorded anywhere. Otherwise, he’ll need to get it tested. I had no idea this was even a thing. Anyone BTDT? 

5. I would be a meteorologist or work for the Weather Channel. Natural weather phenomenons both fascinate and terrify me! 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Delete
  • Options
    @ladyofarlington I am also Rh negative. The rhogam shot is very routine. Every hospital and OB is different, and this is my first pregnancy so I don’t have any personal experience, but I used to work in a hospital blood bank and dispensed rhogam. That hospital gave rhogam to Rh negative moms usually between 18-20 weeks and then again after birth. It protects you from developing anti-D that could affect future pregnancies of Rh positive babies. I’ve heard they give it to you in your butt  :s but again, I don’t have any personal experience but I will!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @spartan4life I would generally love your update, but I can’t love a shot in the butt!! Thanks for the insight. I’ve been googling since I got the phone call. Hopefully said shots will go smoothly for both of us if we need them. Eek!
  • Options
    @ladyofarlington MH is O pos so I will definitely be getting them  :s fx YH is negative!! 
  • Options

I was nine weeks on Monday. 

2. How are you feeling?

Super nauseous still :( 

I need to make an endocrinologist appointment for this week. 

I’m so over feeling like I’m going to puke. My daughter tricked me into thinking pregnancy was all rainbows and butterflies! 

If I weren’t a teacher then I’d be a psychologist for sure! 
  • Options
    @estellegetty yup! First pregnancy way easier!
  • Options
    @ladyofarlington I’m also Rh negative and DH is O positive. The rhogam shot is no biggie, you get it at 28 weeks and if your baby is Rh positive then you get it within 72 hours after birth. Like @spartan4life said it’s in your butt but it’s not too bad. 

@spartan4life I’m just doing prerequisites now but so far so good. I’m hoping to start nursing school in fall of 2020 when this LO is almost a year old and my DD is in kindergarten. How do you like the administrative side of things?
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    @chopchop25 good luck tomorrow!
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I was wondering when your next one was. Fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    @shortstack930 It’s definitely different than being in the actual lab, but I enjoy it most days.
    @chopchop25 Good luck today!
  • Options
    Late to the game...

Hit 9 weeks Monday. I guess the size of an olive? (bleghhh)

2. How are you feeling?
    Nauseous AF. Haven't thrown up yet, but been dry heaving all week. This is the first week I haven't gotten any break from the nausea...the past few weeks it went away when I ate. BOOOOO. Ready for the 1st tri to be over.

Nope, nothing until the 12 week on April 2nd.

Since I ranted about the nausea already...going to rave about my husband. He's been doing all the cooking and cleaning since I can't handle anything right now... even opening the dishwasher to load the dishes makes me dry heave. He deserves a gold medal in homemaking right now.

I'm currently a chemical engineering in oil and gas...soooo I'd probably take that degree and use it to make wine. I took a wine making class in college and it was AMAZING!! Love wine. Don't know about the whole growing grapes thing since I can't even keep rosemary alive, so probably just stick to the fermenting/blending part.