June 2018 Moms

Weekend randoms 3/10-3/11

krash_krash_ member
edited March 2018 in June 2018 Moms
My plans for the weekend...

*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: Weekend randoms 3/10-3/11

• I actually do have to get out of bed and get ready soon. I have a baby shower to go to at 10:30. Other than that though it should be a pretty lazy weekend. MH even asked last night what projects he could get done this weekend because he has no plans and I could barely think of any. 

I didn’t sleep well last night because my legs kept cramping. I am doing ok on water but I didn’t have any bananas this week so that could have been it. A nap maybe in order. 
    *TW LC*

• ffw0617ffw0617 member
    edited March 2018
    @kraske I wish my husband ask what projects could be done around the house. I have a room by room list I keep in my night stand. I could do most of it myself but I need about $10k to do it all the way I want. 

AFM I’m relaxing/ cleaning at home. I need new maternity pants. Its my friend from undergrad first day working for DH. I’m hoping he does well. This is DHs first time hiring someone I recommended. I hate every guy that works for DH. The last guy was the biggest flirt, he was so unprofessional. Married with two kids and thought sales gave him grounds to flirt with every woman he saw. Another guy just turned 60s and is just creepy. There’s a line between friendly saleman and creepy old man. Idk why DH whose primary customers are college students who’d hire a 60 yr old with creepy laugh, smile and mannerisms. His only other employees are his cousin and his childhood best friend and their relationship is completely unprofessional. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m scheduled to work tomorrow (we do self scheduling) and what kind of idiot schedules themself to work on the first day of daylight savings time?!? *rolling my eyes at myself*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I finally pulled the tags off my maternity jeans to wear and regret not walking around the house with them on first.  Man do those suckers not stay up!  They're full panel too and I ordered another pair before realizing how much I hate these  :(
  • I forget who asked about getting hair colored before June, but I decided to get highlights and am waiting for the color to process. My stylist insisted on giving me partial, not full, to protect my hair as I’m pregnant (not entirely sure what that means, but I trust her) and bc it will fall out come June. I appreciate her for that bc I have no idea what I’m doing and she saved me some money! But also, something to consider for anyone else considering highlights. 
  • @becca_123 ugh! That happened to me too! Maybe they will work better later on. 

@catlady1215 loveeeeee Cracker Barrel! 

We we have a St Patrick’s Day Party to go to tonight. I’m legit looking forward to eating all the food. It’ll also be the first trial run in having DD sleep over at the ILs. I’m nervous and anxious and wish I could drink. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We just did a mini mommy and me photo session.  DD did a good job.  We went shopping last night because I had nothing nice that fits me.  Shopping was an extremely depressing event....
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SO has been out of town since Thursday so it's just me an DD for the weekend. She's fighting off a cold and is in hour two of a nap (she usually only naps for about an hour) so I'm watching reality tv and eating chocolate that I don't have to share! 
  • katelynrae86katelynrae86 member
    edited March 2018
    @krashke Hope you get to be lazy today! A nap is definitely in order :)

@ffw0617 Fingers crossed your friend has a good first day...and that other guy sounds like a creep!

@2589 Ugh, I hope you don't have to get up TOO early. DST is so dumb...I'm already scared about DS's sleep...

@becca_123 I have 1 pair of mat jeans and never wear them for that reason. #leggingsforever 

@pupsicle23 Hope your hair turns out fabulous!

@catlady1215 I feel you on the nap thing...DS wouldn't go down in his crib, only in my arms (he's teething and extra cuddly...so I'm resting/bumping from the recliner in his room).

@sunshineandwhiskey The best part of any holiday party is definitely the food! Have fun and hope DD does great at grandma and grandpa's.

@sabby2 Mommy and Me photo shoot sounds so fun! :)

@hjungk84 Sorry LO is not feeling good, but yay for a little relaxation time for you!

AFM DH, DS and I are all sick again. Just a little cold bug I think but I'm all stuffy and have a nasty cough that's exacerbating the already bad sleep situation. Just laying low and hanging close to home this weekend. It's going to be in the mid 60s and sunny so hopefully some yard work/outside play this afternoon. DS is currently all about airplanes so, if we're feeling up to it, I want to take him to this little diner at the local airport tomorrow. He can watch the planes takeoff while we eat and mama can try their Sunday brunch buffet ;) win/win
  • @catady1215 I also have never been to cracker barrel but my mom went once and said it was one of the worst food experiences of her life (taste and service) so I've never had any inclination to go.  Probably a one off but it put me off for life.
  • @becca_123 oh no, really? I had the meatloaf with carrots, broccoli and mashed potatoes. Soooo good! And service was great also.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @krashke I was thinking the same thing about maternity pants...I broke mine out almost as soon as I POAS!

@becca_123 I've been to craker barrel once and while it was good, I don't understand the big deal about it...like it's not worth a two hour wait on a Sunday to eat there! 

@sabby2 I hate shopping right now. I don't want to spend a ton of money on maternity clothes, but I also don't want to buy regular clothes either 
  • @sunshineandwhiskey Hope so!  I wish they had some kind of maternity pant belt thing. Have fun at the party!

@catlady1215 Aww that sounds good.  DH doesn't like to eat at chain restaurants either so I haven't tried many American restaurants.  I had cheesecake factory for the first time like a year ago and olive garden like 2 months ago only because my friends visited.

@krashke lol I still manage to get into my regular jeans and fasten with a hair tie and put a bella band over it.  The hair tie may get to the point of snapping soon though.  I have been using maternity crop pants though and those are super comfy and the second pair of jeans I ordered came today and they're super tight skinny ones so they seem to be staying up better.  Not sure what'll happen once they give a little.

I need new bras too - I'm living off of sports bras and 2 maternity ones that I have.  I know I'll need a bigger size but I  know they'll need to be even bigger once baby arrives so I'm trying to hold off.  Enjoy your lush!  Everytime I go I spend $100 + on bath bombs and body conditioners.   Doesn't help that lately I've been taking night baths for epsom soaks that my stash is almost out  :'(
  • I love Cracker Barrel. Pancakes!!!! 
  • We went into town today to get away from the house during a planned power outage  (12 hours) and I just ended up feeling miserable the whole time. Thank goodness DH came with so he's running into Costco to get diapers and wipes for the 2yo. I'm crossing my fingers that this will be the last big pack of diapers we buy for him. 

• @krashke sounds like a relaxing night, enjoy! I'd love a good bath soak for my achy hips. But I like my showers burn your skin hot, that's relaxing to me. And I know that kind of bath wouldn't be good lol.

@ffw0617 are their pancakes good? I debated buying the mix but wasn't sure how they were.

guys I just spent almost an hour looking for clothes that I might feel comfortable in post baby/csection. I just wanted a few pieces on hand so i don't have to go out in pajama pants/tshirts.
    Timing of this baby is absolutely awesome for every other reason (school letting out. Back to work just days before school goes back in. Etc) but worst timing for how I'll feel physically. The one time of year I can't just cover everything up. And I'm picky on clothes, so that doesn't help. 
  • @krashke's story about Lush reminded me that I still had 1 bath bomb left from my last trip. I decided to treat myself to a long soak last night. It was lovely - citrus scented and turned the bath bright orange. But unbeknownst to me, this particular bomb had a gold glitter center. So after my bath, both me and my tub were coated in fine gold glitter that I had to wash off. Only I could make a relaxing bath more work for myself...lol  :D

Happy Sunday everyone :) How did everyone fair after daylight savings time? DH was nice enough to get up with DS this morning so I got to rest.
  • @katelynrae86 I accidentally slept until 10:30am. Sigh. 
  • @katelynrae86 For once I'm happy about the loss of an hour.  I was awake, tossing and turning, since 2am (3am?) with leg/hip pain and was glad to not have to wait another hour to get up at a semi-reasonable time.  
  • This is the one day of the year my kids sleep in till 8am! Lol. Thankfully time changes of this nature never mess up my kids. I put them to bed at the normal time and they wake up at their normal time. 
    Grocery shopping today, and hydrating because I'm feeling bad and I'm sure it's from lack of water. 
  • Uggh.. I am so exhausted. I am not sleeping well at all and my hip and sciatica are so painful. There is so much cleaning and grocery shopping to do but I can barely walk... DH is doing some but he is never as thorough as I am.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• DS got up at his normal time so that's no fun. I hoped he'd get up an hour later but nope.

did the grocery shopping this afternoon. I should be online browsing and finalizing the stuff we need to get for babe. But after a bunch of cleaning yesterday and the shopping today... and knowing i still have laundry later, I just don't wanna.
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    Daylight savings was okay for us... we were worried about DD sleeping in and not going to bed tonight, but she woke up at what would have been 5:50am (still dark out btw) but I got her up because it was 6:50 now and tomorrow we will need to be awake at that time
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• I’m pounding cookies and watching tv while DD naps, and it’s glorious. I also got some paint for DD’s room and the nursery. And some underwear, nightgowns, and a robe for post baby. And decided that we will just move the crib into our room instead of buying a bassinet. DD was fine doing that.
  • I took a 4.5 hour nap.  So did dd. Hopefully she's not getting sick.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @elsie42 I understand. Couple weekends ago I went to my pole studio’s monthly gathering (it closed in late 2016, so we get together once a month to stay connected) i felt out of place everyone was drinking and I was just sitting there. I was invited to a surprise party during the happy hour at a bar Friday. I rsvp’d yes but at this point its no point of going to drinking events. 
  • @ffw0617 I've been to other events/hangouts with drinking and mostly been fine but this was the first one where people started getting annoying-drunk and I felt out of place haha. The same group of people invited us to hang out next weekend for something which would also involve driving ATVs which I obviously can't do so I was like yeahhhh gonna skip that haha. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @elsie42 im just enjoying quiet weekends at home for the next 3 months. Well have a couple showers and need to assemble baby stuff in between so that’s enough to shake things up. 
  • *TW LC*

• @krashke KRASHKE! I swear to god, Instagram just started suggesting hatch mama products to me (before I saw your post). I feel like they’re following me around the internet lol lol 
  • @doxiemoxie212 it came up as a sponsored post on my FB. Big brother is watching...
    *TW LC*

• We went swimming at an indoor pool with a lazy river and a toddler play splash area. I got to wear my new maternity suit from pinkblush (which some of you had recommended - thank you!). It was really fun but my son skipped his nap. We regretted that last night. Poor little fellow kept waking up and was very frustrated not to be asleep. He kept crying "awaaaaake...awaaaaaawaaaaake..." :(
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @elsie42 we have the same crib the darker color for DD.   The paint came off when she chewed the rails - so make sure you get crib rail covers when LO starts pulling up.  

@bearmoons I love the floors.

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @elsie42 love your crib! That's next on our list of big things to do. We have to take apart an Ikea bed that's in the spare room before we get one. 

We went out to this sports bar type place after my SO got home from work on Saturday because he said he could just use a beer---rough day at work--and I really like their appetizers. It was pretty busy so we sat at the bar, which was weird for me from the start. I drank club soda with lime but felt like people were looking at me (I'm sure they weren't, it was just me feeling weird) Then some music started and LO was moving like crazy so idk if he liked it or was scared of the bass. Needless to say, we were home by 930pm