June 2018 Moms

3rd Week of June DD Check in (March)

Austenista  Austenista member
edited March 2018 in June 2018 Moms
Everyone else has one today and I don't want us to be left out. 

How are you faring as third tri approaches us steadily? 
Do you have a shower coming up? 
What have you done so far for baby? 
GTKY: What is your favorite way to self-care? What have you done lately just for you?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 3rd Week of June DD Check in (March)

• @Austenista Thanks for the inclusion! 

How are you faring as third tri approaches us steadily? God, I am so simultaneously ready and not ready for this baby to come. 
    Do you have a shower coming up?  Nope. Had a sprinkle with DS1, so all we really need are diapers. 
    What have you done so far for baby? Umm...I bought a sleeper. 
    GTKY: What is your favorite way to self-care? What have you done lately just for you?  Pedicures! I have a MFM follow-up u/s tomorrow and just took the day off. I plan on cleaning, which will be work, but it will help me de-stress. Who knows, I may sneak a nap and a face mask in, too.
  • Hi!!! I was trying to hold out posting one because I feel like I always start it lol. Thanks @Austenista

im getting excited to say I’m in 3rd tri! Only like a week and a half left! It will be the home stretch where I feel like I can really kick planning into high gear. 

Shower is on the 31st and im regretting asking all of my moms to host one shower. It seems like it’s been more work coordinating everyone but MH assures me that overall they are each doing less. MIL is throwing another shower for her church friends but MH is going to that one with me and we just have to show up. 

We got the crib and glider for the nursery but most everything else we are waiting until after the shower to see what we still need. 

My favorite for self self care is a nice hot bath and a cup of tea (wine usually). I love Lush products so when I want to spoil myself I will pick up some new ones to use. My dream someday is to have an amazing mater bathroom about the size of our living room currently with a giant glass enclosed steam shower with all the bells and whistles and a freestanding soaking tub. 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • How are you faring as third tri approaches us steadily? Pretty good overall, except I’m having more issues with back pain and not being able to get comfortable in bed at night.  I have scoliosis so I had some back pain even before pregnancy, and I’ve always known I’d probably have a tougher time with back issues when I’m sporting a big bump.  I’m a little surprised that it’s starting already, I don’t feel like I’m that big yet (FTM it took me awhile to show).  I really should do some stretches or exercises but I keep putting off researching that stuff :(
    Do you have a shower coming up? Not this month.  MIL is throwing me a shower end of April, my mom is having a couple’s shower for us early in May.
    What have you done so far for baby? DH painted the nursery a couple weeks ago (mint green).  He built a crib 2 YEARS ago - before we were even married or trying...don’t ask me I don’t know, he’s crazy sometimes!  I think he was just looking for a project to keep himself busy and found instructions for that on the internet.  It’s standard crib size so mattresses fit and it’s VERY sturdy.  I think he and I both could sit in there and it would hold up just fine.  I also have a rocking chair that was my grandmother’s.  Planning on doing some shopping this weekend with my mom to pick out some more nursery decor.
    GTKY: What is your favorite way to self-care? What have you done lately just for you?  Nothing specific really.  I’ve been able to get DH to give me some back massages lately or rub lotion on my legs/feet so that’s nice :)@krashke I like your thinking with the bath and tea - I do enjoy an occasional bath + glass of wine but tea would make a nice substitute during pregnancy!
  • @kfren yes, I feel like I'm so ready to just ffwd to June. I'm sure once it's here I'm going to be wishing I savored it more. But right now, I'm ready for a healthy outside baby. 

@krashke I double and triple checked I didn't just miss this thread already existing! Your master bath fantasy sounds heavenly. 

@taykc90 having my husband put lotion on me is one of my favorite pleasures of our relationship. 

How are you faring as third tri approaches us steadily? 
    I'm doing well. A lot of PGP but it's eased off today thankfully. Super tired right now and just dealing as best I can. I'm excited to be closing in on that third tri for sure. I've been watching my ticker looking for it to dip into double digit days for a while now. So close. 

Do you have a shower coming up? Yessss. Sigh. I have a sprinkle coming up a week from Saturday. I hate to be so glum about it but I kind of wish I could convince everyone to just do a sip and see when the baby's here. Unfortunately, it's going to be a 6hr round trip drive for us with our 15mo. Blah. 

What have you done so far for baby? Nothing really, but I don't have much to do. I have everything left over from DS, so all I really need is a double stroller and another changing pad. I could use another chest of drawers or a dresser for this one's things so I will probably start thrifting soon to find something. 

GTKY: What is your favorite way to self-care? What have you done lately just for you? I love a bath in low lighting and just some quiet or soft music playing. I've been doing that a lot in the evenings after DS has gone to bed. I'd love a pedicure and a trip to the chiropractor though. One thing I did for myself recently was buy myself all new makeup. I'm SAHM and I don't go much so I'm not often getting dressed and putting on a full face of makeup, but I bought myself all new things and I've been trying every Saturday to have a pretty day where I take the time to make myself feel beautiful. It's harder now with LO to make that time for myself and so much easier to cut corners, but making myself a priority even if it's just once a week does improve morale around here. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How are you faring as third tri approaches us steadily? 
    I feel okay. Heartburn started up again yesterday. It was bad. I have a lot of pelvic pain, so my bedroom life is non existent now. (poor DH) If I am up on my feet doing physical things I need my support band if I am doing my regular job I am still okay. Mentally I am doing much better. Sleeping okay, and no more morning sickness. 

I have not asked for one. I don't think anyone is throwing me one. My coworker mentioned a lunch or something so maybe, but I have not followed up on that. I don't really want  one. I hate being the center of attention and sadly the only things we have left are the more expensive stuff (car seat, crib mattress, swing, bouncer) 

We have started setting up the nursery. I have all of her clothes washed and organized. I am hitting up a consignment sale that caters to babies in 2 weeks. When my completion discount hits amazon I will being getting the rest. 

GTKY: What is your favorite way to self-care? What have you done lately just for you?  
    Nice warm bath with a good book, or propped  up in bed with my newest TV show and veg. Neither of which has happened in far too long. 
    Doing pretty well, I think. My mid back has been hurting, and I'm still throwing up here and there, but otherwise I feel ok. Babe is super active. I can't believe it's almost the 3rd!

I do, one on 4/8, another on 4/29. My BFF is throwing a friends one, and my MIL a family one. 

Room is mostly "set", however, we are redoing the floors on our main floor over the next couple weeks, so everything from the LR and kitchen are in her room. Once the floors are done, we will move everything back out and then set up her room. I'm really excited to have it all done. 

I also love baths with wine. I really love being outside and going for walks in the woods, it's just been too cold. Hoping it'll warm up soon and I can go for walks again soon. 
    More uncomfortable. More leg cramps. But excited.

Not until May 19th

Went through and washed all of my daughter's old baby clothes and reorganizing the nursery.

I love warm baths with lavender bubble bath. And im going for a prenatal massage next week!
  • Bumping...are we all in third tri now??? Idk what the official third tri is but by my calculations 40 wks/3 = 13.3 weeks each tri so about 26+5 would be the end of second tri. 
    *TW LC*

• @krashke I was going to count it 3rd tri on Thursday for myself just to round it, but if we're being super technical because why not :) I'm 26+5 today. Does that make me last day 2nd tri and tomorrow 3rd or am I 3rd today? 

BabyFruit Ticker

The past few weeks have gotten increasingly more difficult.  I have that horrible lightening crotch when I'm walking. The Braxton hicks have really kicked it into full gear. Leg cramps if I'm on my feet too much in the day. And baby is super active at all times of the day in almost an uncomfortable sort of way.  I got the results from my 1 hour glucose test today and I failed it so I have to go do the 3 hour and I'm bummed about it. I had to do the 3 hour with DD and passed the 1 hour with DS. I guess it's a girl thing for me. Really hoping to pass the 3 hour.

My sisters have mentioned wanting to throw a shower but nothing has been planned and we honestly don't NEED a shower. I have all the stuff we need already, but if they want an excuse for a family party and people stick to things like diapers, wipes, baby soap, etc I'll be happy to accept that kind of generosity.

I bought the new car seat for baby.  Ours was expired so we got the new one already.  We've had family visiting from out of town but once they leave, all the baby stuff gets pulled out and I can really take inventory on what we need and I can wash all the baby clothes and get it organized in the baby room.  I'm anxious to set up the crib so we can mentally prepare for all of that stuff being around the house again.

I wish I could report that I've done something for myself lately.  We've been so busy with family visiting and the older kids being sick that I'm not even giving myself enough time to sleep at night. I would absolutely LOVE to get a prenatal massage and a pedicure.  It's just not in the family budget right now.  So as soon as our visitors leave, a nice relaxing bath is in order. 

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • @Austenista I'd say tomorrow is third tri for you but no one is going to stop you from just going for today. A celebration is in order either way! 
    *TW LC*

• I seriously am in shock that we are in the Third Trimester (or days away from it!)!!!  It just feels like this whole first 2/3rds of the pregnancy flew by without me even really noticing and then now - BOOM - I've reached giant pregnant lady phase and get to hang out here for the next 3 months. It's just so crazy to me!

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13