June 2018 Moms

First Week of June DD Check In (March)

I feel like we haven’t done one in a while! We are currently in that week of “am I really in 3rd tri or not until next week?” Either way, I think it’s a big milestone for all of us. A couple of easy questions to get things started:

When is your 28 week appointment and what will it entail? Do you switch to bi-weekly after this or not yet?

Anyone doing maternity photos soon? Or scheduling newborn/family pictures after baby comes?

What are some wierd things people have been saying to you regarding your pregnancy?

Questions, comments, concerns?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: First Week of June DD Check In (March)

• When is your 28 week appointment and what will it entail? Do you switch to bi-weekly after this or not yet? Just had mine at 27+5, and yes. Biweekly after this, only one more time with my OB, then I start rotating through the practice. 

Anyone doing maternity photos soon? Or scheduling newborn/family pictures after baby comes? Ugh, I really, really want to, but I waited too long on maternity photos and everyone I like (ie, non-super effing cheezy terrible photogs) are booked, and it was really expensive. I think I might have my friend who is v good with photography (her mom is a photog) take some in early April if the cherry blossoms are blooming. As far as newborn.... I also want to do that! And I need to decide quickly who I want to do it. DH doesn't see the point in spending the money, though, and it is expensive... but it's our first baby! And I love the idea of having really quality photos to put on the wall... 

What are some wierd things people have been saying to you regarding your pregnancy? Honestly, nothing. One woman at Whole Foods suggested I get a support belt if my back is hurting, and I told her I already ordered one... My mom keeps insisting I have had "the most difficult pregnancy of all time" despite the fact that my pregnancy has been about as easy as anyone can dream (no nausea, very minimal insomnia, easily able to feel kicks, mostly just gaining weight in boobs and belly, no food aversions or weird cravings, no hormonal emotions, etc.). For some reason that is driving me nuts.  

Personally, I decided that 27+0 is third trimester lol. I was sick of waiting for it.

I've always said that how I'd feel about pregnancy is that it would feel like a roller coaster going up that I maybe want to get off but obviously can't, but also really don't want to get off. And it will start to feel really overwhelming that I have to get the baby out but then at some point I'll become so uncomfortable that I won't care at all about the process of getting her out, I will just want her out now. I'm starting to get a litttttle wigged out about the process of her coming out, but I actually am starting to think that it won't feel real (or like she actually has to come out? if that makes sense? lol) until I'm very, very huge and uncomfortable, so maybe I'll never feel THAT freaked out about it. Like, when I think about it right now, I get a little freaked out about the hospital situation, but the actual birth I just feel like eff it, one way or another she's got to come out, and there's only so much I can control, and I'm doing the best I can to prepare but that will only go so far. 

Anyone else feel like it's weird AF to think about how when the inside babies become outside babies we get to "meet" them but technically they're with us ALL THE EFFING TIME so it's weird we have to "meet" them?? lol 
  • When is your 28 week appointment and what will it entail? Do you switch to bi-weekly after this or not yet?
    Next Tuesday 3/13. My provider does glucose testing at 24 weeks so I’m done with all that jazz. I will have blood drawn for a CBC and blood type/antibody screen, and get a TDAP booster. Another monthly appointment for me at 32 weeks and then switch to bi-weekly.  

Anyone doing maternity photos soon? Or scheduling newborn/family pictures after baby comes?
    No maternity photos, but definitely weighing my options for newborn photography. A local photographer comes in to our L&D unit each morning to take some photos if desired for a very reasonable price. My only issue is you can’t “schedule” with them per say- just take my chances if DH and DD are there when the photog shows up, and I’m looking presentable? Or, schedule with the photographer I have been using for DD’s yearly photos so that we can all be prepared... 

What are some wierd things people have been saying to you regarding your pregnancy?
    I don’t reveal too much to patients/families, to avoid awkward conversations about why their boys were so much easier than their girls etc., so when I got asked by one at work the other day what I’m having, I just said we aren’t finding out. Lady was insistent that I’m definitely having a boy because I’m carrying so low. A- it’s definitely a girl, B- why are you studying my body, and C- However I'm carrying is due to a short torso and lack of abdominal muscles to begin with!  :D

I like to think of different little things to keep myself motivated toward the end. Right now, it’s “On this date 3 months from now, baby girl will most likely already be here and cuddling in your arms.” 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212 I think that with DD at the very end yes I was so uncomfortable and desperate to have my body back but also sad to think about her not being with me for every step I took. And honestly even being in labor and driving to the hospital and eventually pushing didn’t make it feel any more real that there was going to be a baby at the end. Not that I was in denial, but it’s so so hard to comprehend what’s coming until you’re handed the final result. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @2589 yeah dude, it's like "Uh ok, if you say so. I guess there will be a baby here? We'll just be here........................but with a baby................. I guess?" lolz. I also try to picture myself in the hospital with her, like changing her clothes or whatever, and when I imagine it, there's always this moment, where I briefly picture myself asking a nurse, "I can change her if I want to, right?" and then am like WAIT SHE'S MMMYYYY KID, I CAN DO WHAT I DAMN WELL WANT! Which is weird AF. Like oh yep, just over here 100% responsible for this tiny human. Sure, makes sense. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 YES. It’s really a mindf*ck. In the best way of course. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @doxiemoxie212 and @2589 there are times now that I'll be feeding DD breakfast or something and i'll just pause and think "omg i have a child- how did this happen"- some how it just never feels real.

When is your 28 week appointment and what will it entail? Do you switch to bi-weekly after this or not yet?  My next appointment is next Thursday.  We will do my glucose test during that time too (last time I had to sit at Quest and drink the drink than sit and wait for an hour- it's so nice that I'll be able to drink the drink than have my normal appointment before going back for the blood draw).  I should know the answer to this question, but I just had to call to find out when I scheduled my 28 week appointment for- so clearly I'm slacking with the appointments.  I know I have another u/s at 32 weeks- there may or may not be another dr appointment before then.

We didn't do maternity photos with DD and I won't this time either- but I find newborn photos to be a must.  I did the ones with the hospital photographer with DD and the pictures where great- but like @2589 said you can't schedule them, and it was pretty rushed.   I would love to have the photographer there when DD comes to meet her little brother for the first time, but I think we will just do a full session at our house after he arrives.  

Also, I wasn't in any of the newborn pictures with DD- and I kind of regret that now.  I wish there was one of me, DH & DD clearly in the hospital room- still new and freshly formed family.  

I'm starting to get the "when are you due" and than amazed/scared look when I say June. Yeah I carry my babies big- I heard it all with DD, and I'm sure the twins questions are coming in another week or so... i should just say memorial day weekend- since I am pretty sure he'll be there for the unofficial start of summer.

We just signed up for the maternity tour of the hospital.  I'm going to start (hopefully) clearing out the nursery this weekend so I can get a dresser, walls painted, ect... I feel like I'm so far behind but I don't really want to do any of it.  I'm tired, uncomfortable, and I have officially started counting down the week.... I just keep saying "13 weeks to go" (which totally justifies the 27th week as the start of the 3rd trimester in my book).  I said it earlier this week and my husband pointed out it's probably more like 11- since DD came 2 week early and I'm so uncomfortable we can't image that DS won't be early too.  

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• When is your 28 week appointment and what will it entail? Do you switch to bi-weekly after this or not yet?
    Next Thursday is my 28 week appointment and I'll have my 1 hour glucose test, along with some other blood draw (I forgot what it is).  Then bi-weekly after that!

No to maternity photos and I recently just put the deposit down on our newborn photographer.  For your newborn photos are you all doing posed style or lifestyle shoots?  I really love how natural the lifestyle ones look but I hate basically 99.9% of photos that I am in, especially candid photos so I didn't want to be disappointed.  So I chose a posed photo shoot which includes a couple of posed family shots.  I love the photographer we picked though.  Her shots are beautiful and organic and she keeps the poses simple without overusing props or the super weird and unnatural poses.  If you ever need a pick me up, just look through the portfolio of newborn photographers - the photos are so freakin cute and you can't help but smile!

Not much.  Strangers don't know I'm pregnant.  My SIL and MIL and former boss, if I talk/text them, say "I want to touch your belly so bad," or "I want to see your bump", and I always cringe because I don't even like when DH touches my belly lol.  I haven't seen SIL since Christmas and MIL since last July as she lives in NC.  Every time I do talk to MIL in though she tells me what she went through with DH and thinks this LO will act the same - I just nod along.  My good friend who has a 18 month old son has been nothing but supportive and answers any questions I might have and never says anything annoying.  

I kind of understand where you are coming from regarding LO.  For me, I don't think I've fully processed the connection yet, if that makes sense?  I know there is a baby inside of me (obviously) but since I can't see her, I just think of my pregnant self and the newborn child as sort of separate events?  Separate stages?  I don't know how to explain it.  Maybe that will change as I see more significant changes in my body since I don't feel hugely different right now from my normal self.    
    next apt is wed. i'll be a day shy of 29 wks but i guess it's still considered 28wk apt. i'll be moving to bi-weekly after that. nothing out of the ordinary. I'm getting an ultrasound on tues, so we'll go over that. already did my glucose 6 wks ago. but she did mention the tdap at my next apt, so i think i'll be getting that.

no maternity photos for me. we nailed down our newborn session a month or so ago. i wanted to make sure they didn't get booked up.

honestly, nothing. i work from home, so i never have to deal with coworkers and weird comments.

i just can't believe its 3rd trimester already. saying '11 wks left' sounds like a long time. but when i look at the calendar and all that we have going on and have to do, its going to FLY.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @doxiemoxie212 i had to convince DH on the cost of newborn shots with DS also. he didn't understand the point. this time though, he just said 'whatever you want'. i think he knows i'll win. plus, can't do for one and not the other!

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @catlady1215 that's a good point -- I've got to get the newborn shots of this one or I'll feel bad doing it for future ones! This is a hill I shall die on. 
  • lisa2589lisa2589 member
    edited March 2018
    @catlady1215 @doxiemoxie212 I didn’t do newborn photos with DD and deeply regret it  :# I do think I’ll feel guilty having some of this one in the future and not her, but I’ll have to live with that. 
    @becca_123 I hate pictures of myself and am awkward in photos so either way it will probably look posed  :D I just tell myself I will so regret if I don’t do it.
    @jsl82 I only have 2 pics with DD from the day she was born and the next day in the hospital- when she was placed on my chest, which obviously doesn’t look fantastic, and a selfie I took while rocking her to sleep. And only one of DH holding her. None of us all together. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @becca_123 for newborn I think the posed pictures are best.  The babies just lay there, so they have to be posed.   Once LOs start forming a personality to come out of the pictures I like to move away from the posed, but still have some structure (like we did the cake smash for DD's first birthday- and had her sitting in an area of the house with good light).

@doxiemoxie212 it is a hill worth dying on- you won't get another chance to take newborn photos.  They grow so fast that you will be amazed.  The close up pictures of of tiny ears, toes, noses are my favorite.

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

I actually don't have an appointment until 4/3 so I'll be 30 weeks. Just moving and finding yet another ob made staying on schedule difficult. Not too worried because I got the glucose test at 24 weeks and passed, so the 28 week wouldn't have been a big appointment. No idea what my new Dr will do, but I assume I'll jump right into bi-weekly. 
    Not doing anything. We definitely didn't want to do maternity photos since I feel like they look awkward a lot of the time. Some of you ladies are making me regret skipping newborn pics too, but MH and I talked about it and said we didn't need professional pictures at the newborn stage and would rather save the money and do a photoshoot at maybe a year. 
    Nothing too weird. I have gotten some comments from in-laws about the fact that I'm job hunting. I think they all assumed I would just be staying home for a while. I've also had a few belly grabs from family since I moved here. I'm very much a personal space person so that takes some getting used to. 
    @doxiemoxie212 I feel like you so perfectly described how I've been feeling. Even though I look super pregnant at this point and have started feeling more regular movement, it feels so disconnected from an actual baby. It's still weird to picture life with a baby and the whole start of the third trimester has me a little nervous. But also I'm kinda dgaf about delivery. It'll be what it'll be and he will come out one way or another. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @doxiemoxie212 I never felt like DS HAD to come out. I was hot, large and uncomfortable by 36 weeks (August), but I never felt like I must have this baby now. It probably helped he came on his due date so I didn't also have that "overdue" feeling.  And while you can "prepare" for birth (classes, packing your bag, etc.), until it gets here, and you're in it, it's not "real." Hell, it's not real for me and I've done it before.  (@2589 said it much better then I did).

@jsl82 It really bugs me that people either say things or make faces about a women being "large."  Right now, I'm carrying a f*ing 15 inch baby in my stomach right now, plus a crap ton of other stuff.  Of course it's big. 

@becca_123 they checked my iron at my 28 week appointment - maybe that is your other blood draw?

@amphibious22 how are you guys settling in (aside from the belly grabbing and job-related judgment)?

When is your 28 week appointment and what will it entail? Do you switch to bi-weekly after this or not yet?  
    I had my 28 week appointment on Wednesday at 27+5.  I had my GD test (I passed!).  I start bi-weekly now and will have my tdap at 30 weeks. I'm also going back in today for an ultrasound to check my placenta previa.

Anyone doing maternity photos soon? Or scheduling newborn/family pictures after baby comes? No to maternity. We did newborn with DS so I want to do that again. I really need to get on it.  The photographer I used for DS has moved away from newborn photos so I need to find someone new.  Work should be quiet today, so maybe that will be my goal.

What are some wierd things people have been saying to you regarding your pregnancy?  I really haven't had many comments about my pregnancy / body in particular.  I did tell my boss the other day that we really should sit down and talk about my cases / transitioning them and he's like, well, you have like 4 months left, right?  So I again explained, no, it's less then 3.  And he looked at me and was like "pregnancy goes by so fast . . . which makes sense, since it's only like 6 months."  He has 3 kids! 

Questions, comments, concerns? I feel so behind on getting prepared. We have all the big stuff and clothes (even if this one is a girl, she will wear DS's hand me downs).  But the nursery is a disaster and it's so hard to prepare with a toddler underfoot.  
  • When is your 28 week appointment and what will it entail? Do you switch to bi-weekly after this or not yet? I had my 28w appt on Monday including my glucose test. I haven’t heard anything, so I’m assuming I passed. I did look at my blood draw results o my patient portal yesterday and I looks like I’m anemic. (Based on my google degree) They didn’t call about it yesterday but I’m going to call today if I don’t hear anything by noon. I start bi-weekly appt now and have my next one next Monday. 

We didn’t do maternity shoots with either prior pregnancy and won’t this time. My sister’s MIL is a very good amateur photographer and we’ve had her do newborn shoots with both kids. So we will ask her to do pictures for the newbie too. Our five year wedding anniversary is this October and I’m thinking of getting family pictures done then. Our reception was at a shuffleboard club and one of the shots we got was all the guests in the stands and us in front. I want to kinda of recreate that with our family of 5. 

I mostly just get comments about how busy I’m going to be. Occasionally, people will tell me it’s good to get all the kids done with quickly and then tell me their kids current ages. I’m super awkward, so I never really know how to respond. 

We need to get DD’s new bed ordered, so we can get the kids transitioned into sharing a room by mid-May. Then we can get DS’s current room set up for the newbie.
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Next Friday the 16th for 28 week appt and glucose test. I'm honestly not sure what the schedule is after that, I just go in when they tell me.

I am not doing maternity pics, but I set up DD 2nd birthday pics for the beginning of May and gave her a heads up we would be doing another newborn session about a month later.

What are some weird things people have been saying to you regarding your pregnancy?
    I tried discussing names again with my husband yesterday. When I got frustrated when he wouldn't take the topic seriously he said "I don't understand why you want to talk about this so months we still have like 6 months..." umm no sir, I am 6 months pregnant we have less than 3 months...
    not right now
  • When is your 28 week appointment and what will it entail? Do you switch to bi-weekly after this or not yet? My 28 week appointment + on hour GD test is on the 21st and then I switch to bi-weekly starting the first week in April. We have a growth ultrasound in April too so I'm looking forward to seeing this little (big) guy again soon!

Anyone doing maternity photos soon? Or scheduling newborn/family pictures after baby comes? Need to schedule. We are blessed with two professional photographers in the family so I've been trying to figure out if they'll be offended if I go with one over the other. DH's cousin is new in her photography business but her pictures are beautiful. Ideally, I'd like her to take maternity/family photos for us and then have SIL take newborn/fresh 48 pics of DS but we'll see!

What are some wierd things people have been saying to you regarding your pregnancy? A co-worker from a different department commented on the frequency of my bathroom visits. I have to walk past her cubicle every time I go and she said very loudly that she can tell I'm "getting to that stage of pregnancy" because of how often I'm walking to the bathroom. Thank you lady!

Questions, comments, concerns? Nothing now!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker