2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone dealing with really bad Braxton hicks in early pregnancy?

I'm 18w and sense about 16w I have been having a lot of Braxton hicks contractions. Today has been really bad. Should I be concerned or worried? 

Re: Anyone dealing with really bad Braxton hicks in early pregnancy?

• Options
    This early in pregnancy I would call your OB just to be on the safe side, especially if there is a pattern to them or they aren’t particularly painful. Better safe than sorry and that is what your OB is there for! GL!
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • Options
    I'm 18w and sense about 16w I have been having a lot of Braxton hicks contractions. Today has been really bad. Should I be concerned or worried? 
    Braxton Hicks should generally be painless (though not uncomfortable) and not regularly patterned. Try drinking lots of water and resting if they get bad. A lot of times they’re increased with dehydration and overactivity.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drink LOTS of water and call your doctor if they continue. 
  • Options
    +1 drink lots of water and rest. But because you're still early on, I would also be calling the dr just to run it by them. Not drinking enough water was my trigger for them with my first pregnancy and I had to drink A LOT to keep them at bay.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    I started with BH at 16 wks with both of my pregnancies. The first time they were very frequent (more than 5 in an hour) and strong so they out me on meds to help them. I eventually was on watch for preterm labor in third tri but made it full term. This time around i get a few in a day, some are strong, but doctor is not concerned. Drink lots of water and lay on your left side if possible. If you get more than 4-5 in an hour definitely call your doctor. Although earlier BHs are rare they do happen in some women. I was even told that with recurring pregnancies they can happen sooner. They may do a scan to make sure your cervix is still long and not dilating with each BH/contraction.