June 2018 Moms

Product Spotlight Series: Rocking Chairs, Gliders, etc. (week of Dec 25)

2»

Re: Product Spotlight Series: Rocking Chairs, Gliders, etc. (week of Dec 25)

• Okay, sorry, I know we briefly touched on this, but I'm starting to feel like I really need to order our glider/recliner soon because it can take some time to ship. I was all set to do manual.... but then I started to think about if it would be difficult to.... IDK how to describe it, sit up? With baby without waking baby? I've visited a few stores, and they all only have samples of the manual ones not the power ones so I can't compare IRL. Is there really any reason to go power (it is definitely more expensive) over manual? Or should I just bite the bullet and order this damn manual chair already?
  • @doxiemoxie212 with my limited experience with recliners, I don't think there is a win-win here. The power ones that we tried made a god awful sound when you got all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom. The manual ones are jerky when trying to put them down. We went with a manual one and MH tried to put it down without making a sound or jerking the chair and he was able to do it but it took a lot of effort and concentration. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • @krashke at which point the cheaper price clearly sways me toward manual... so I think I'll just bite the bullet. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 my worry with the power option is if/when that mechanism goes out, you will spend more $$ getting it fixed (or effort getting it repaired if it’s covered by a warranty)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 - I agree with @krashke in that I’ve heard it’s a loose loose situation. We are going with manual because I can’t justify the extra cost of a power option if it is still noisy/jerky. Andplusalso - I agree that I would be super peeved if/when the electric went out on it - don’t have that issue with a manual.