Health & Exercise
Options

Running a race that you don't feel prepared for

I am 5+ weeks out from a 10-mile race I signed up for pre-pregnancy and have only gone 5 miles (which weren't easy) max since finding out I was pregnant, due to fatigue and nausea. I'm 12 weeks along. Ideally I  would have stuck to my long training schedule to allow for mileage increases and recoveries, but my body told me otherwise and I tried to spend more time resting. I know I could walk some of it but there is a time limit to the race and I'm fearful of "pushing" myself too hard just to get it done. There is a 5k option I can drop down to but I was really hoping to get this accomplished. I was never an intense runner pre-pregnancy, usually 10-15 miles/week. Everything I read online with running advice for preggos seems to be from hardcore runners that could run 10 miles without blinking an eye, not an average/mediocre runner like me! Just looking for some advice. Also, my doctor is fine with me running overall as long as I'm hydrated and not pushing hard.

Re: Running a race that you don't feel prepared for

• Options
    it's a tough decision to make, but it sounds like you just aren't prepared for the 10 miles and the safer option would just be to opt for the 5K.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker