3rd Trimester
Options

Delivery ride for delivery time

So, how did you get to the hospital when it was time to deliver baby?

Re: Delivery ride for delivery time

• Options
    DH drove me to the hospital.
  • Options
    MH drove me.

I would not have been able to drive myself if that's part of why you're asking. In between contractions was fine, but during a contraction it would not have been safe for me to be behind the wheel.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband drove.  Even if I drove myself, my ob practice told me not to drive for a week after delivery ( complication free vaginal delivery). 
  • Options
    DH. Agreed that I would not have been able to drive myself, I could barely give DH directions (apparently he never paid enough attention when we went to all those appointments???). If there's a chance your partner won't be available when you go into labor, have a back up plan. A neighbor, friend, family member, just don't try to drive yourself because you'll be dangerous to yourself and everyone around you.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    DH drove me. Would not have been able to do it myself

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My husband drove me. My contractions were so bad, I could barely sit in the car. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just keep someone on standby.. if it's your first, you will most likely have plenty of time. I took a shower and packed up before going in with my first after I figured out I was in labor, and still labored for like 27 hours at the hospital. It was a weekend so my husband was there to drive me, but I would never suggest driving yourself... if there is no one to drive you, call an ambulance (not sure if a cab or uber would be okay with it in case your water breaks or if you deliver?)
  • Options
    If you really can’t find someone to drive you when the time comes, you might be able to set up a medical transfer. It might be cheaper than an ambulance.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    With my first son my water broke at home and my BF drove us to the hospital. Although, because I was not in any discomfort or experiencing any contractions, I would’ve been able to drive myself TO the hospital (we live about 10 minutes away). If you are having painful contractions, I agree, finding a ride would be the best option.
    If my water breaks again in the night and if circumstances allow, I plan on driving myself this time; that way my BF can stay with our son until morning.