October 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms Week of 2/26

13»

Re: Symptoms Week of 2/26

• Options
    7 weeks today.

The only way I don't feel sick is if I am constantly eating. Yesterday I ate a Ritz cracker every 15 minutes all morning and then made popcorn to munch on in the afternoon. This morning I am trying to space out a Hershey bar, but I have nothing for after that. I guess this is nausea? I've never really felt anything like this before. My nose is super stuffy and I have a lot of post-nasal drop going on, so I'm not sure if that is part of my pregnancy symptoms or just some seasonal changes adding to my suffering. This is pretty much constant - generally bearable, but sooooo uncomfortable. And trying to fall asleep at night? Forget it! I can't lay down flat, or I feel even worse. I have 4 pillows to prop me up in a sitting position but that is NOT comfortable for falling asleep. I keep hoping this is a cold that is on it's way out but I'm really not sure. 
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @kimberbeep I'm the same way with the congestion.  My sinuses are a mess on the reg to begin with but the congestion really kicks up when I'm pregnant.  Breathright strips help a bit but I wake up at least 3 times a night mouth breathing and needing a drink of water.  I need to try adding a pillow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I too have a stuffy nose, which is not helped by the fact that I got my nose pierced the week before taking my hpt. So I can't breathe AND my nose is sore haha. 
  • Options
    @kimberbeep that is exactly how I feel. I feel ok when I am eating but as soon as I stop I feel the nausea start. I’ve been munching on fruit and drinking Vernors throughout the day.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @muchwanted yes! I am definitely much weepier than normal. My husband made fun of me the other night because I was crying while we were watching the walking dead! 
  • Options
    @spartan4life - Luckily I don't feel any food aversions yet, so I should probably just stock up on healthier snacky foods for next week. Hopefully I can find some decent looking fruit - there's not as great of a selection in the winter. I've been drinking a lot more water but it doesn't really help with the nausea, so maybe I should get some flavored waters, too. 
  • Options
    @kimberbeep Have you tried making smoothies with frozen fruit? I like to do that and sip on that all morning. I put a handful of spinach and a cup of Greek yogurt in it too so then I get some more nutrients. That sits well for me in the morning. Adding some OJ also masks the flavor of the spinach.
  • Options
    @muchwanted yes! I almost started crying in my meeting this morning! It's getting to the point that I'll probably have to tell my boss soon. 
  • Options
    This is a new one for me. Woke up insanely dizzy. Eventually had to wake up DH to handle breakfast it was so bad. Hopefully getting some food in me will help. 
  • Options
    @tinattt23 I often deal with morning lightheadedness from dehydration. 
  • Options
    New symptom of the week... UTI. I’ve had them in the past and always knew *TMI* (stinky pee, burning, urgency) ... I only found out bc my OB said they noticed on my urine test... guess we caught it early... I drink 80+ oz of water & am going regularly so hopefully I don’t get anymore... I’m not keen on antibiotics during pregnancy but it’s best to take care of it! Ugh.
  • Options
    It's apparently not enough to puke, I have to pee my pants too... Thankfully it happened just before I left for work so I could change...
  • Options
    @sammierose464 @cdepperschmidt what a glorious club to be a part of.
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • Options
    From somebody who still deals with postpartum incontinence from my first pregnancy, keep a bucket in the bathroom at all times! And learn to cross your legs when you laugh, cough or sneeze. 

@lolo_0924 Don’t mess around with a UTI! The infection can spread to your kidneys, and that is bad news! I hope you feel better soon! UTIs suuuuck. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    6w5d today...I feel ok when I’m sitting or laying down, but as soon as I stand up I start gagging and get nauseous! Haven’t thrown up...yet. Anyone else having a similar nausea experience?
  • Options
    @spartan4life yes this is me and was for both my other pregnancies too. Jolly ranchers seem to help. But when I first get up in the morning I get sick... pretty much every morning. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @spartan4life yup, that was my last pregnancy. If I stayed in bed all day, I’d be fine, but the second I’d stand up in the morning, I’d be sick. Being vertical is overrated. Lol
  • Options
    I've realized that how i feel is directly related to t how much sleep I get and how active I am the day before. Tuesday and Wednesdays are long days, so I feel crappy on Thursday.. Then I relax Thursday night and seem fine on Friday.
  • Options
    I really wish this insomnia would go away. I get up to pee around 1am and can't fall back asleep until 4 am sometimes!  :s
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    I have been so tired and lazy. I used to come home from work and play with DS and cook and clean. Now I have zero desire to do anything. 

Ive also had some cramping but I think that's normal. 
  • Options
    I had a rough morning, didn't want to eat what I cooked and ended up laying down after puking. We went to lunch with my dad and I seemed to feel better once we got home. I actually swept and mopped our dining room! I was so happy
  • Options
    stithof said:
    Where. Have. My. Symptoms. Gone. 

It’s freaking me me out SO BAD that I barely slept just thinking about what could be wrong. 
    How far along are you? I’m week 9 d3. Week 6-8, my symptoms were constant (hangover is a great description).. they were always worse in the evenings but pretty steady throughout the day and I was miserable. Now at week 9 I’ve noticed the symptoms “come and go” and I’ve actually felt decent during the day. I still have wicked heartburn throughout the day. But I wouldn’t worry too much with fluctuating symptoms especially the closer we get to the end of this first Tri! When is your next appt? I have a 12 week u/s on the 19th. 
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I also had a burst of energy today and went on a cleaning frenzy, too! Sooo satisfying.  

Foods are starting to taste weird. MH made us steaks for dinner (he's a pro on the grill.) The first bite tasted off, the second bite made me gag. 
  • Options
    My midwife had said lots of times MS comes back or starts in week 9-12 so just an FYI if yours has stopped or it hasn't happened to you yet. I just hit 9 weeks with nothing but a little random nausea but I just keep waiting for it to start! 
  • Options
    I've had twinging and stretching feeling which I know is normal but the last two days I've had a dull ache in the abdomen area. Normal?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @linssears4 Since 9 weeks and 1 day, my symptoms have definitely diminished, which I'm now more relieved about. I'm still super exhausted 100% of the time, get really randomly cranky, and have food aversions, but otherwise am doing pretty well! Glad yours have subsided some too <3

My next appointment is on 3/22! Just checking in with my OB. I'm not supposed to get another ultrasound until 20ish weeks, but will they still listen for a heartbeat? First timer, here :)
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    edited March 2018
    @tropical1982 I've been experiencing this too, and have just resorted to the same line if it's not serious cramping and I'm not bleeding, I'm probably fine. Hope that works for you too!
  • Options
    @stithof @tropical1982 also been feeling that stretchy twingey feeling. I messaged my OB about it who said what i was describing sounded like normal uterine stretching. My next appointment is also 3/22 so I’m trying to chill out.

My symptoms come and go. Bad nausea today, nothing yesterday, that kind of pattern. Trying to enjoy the good days.
  • Options
    @spartan4life I definitely know how you feel! I'm 9wks 3 days and still having to battle every morning and at times during the day. I started eating a few crackers in bed and sipping some room temp. water before getting up in the mornings, which has helped. It's a hit and miss, though. Now I'm dealing with a new symptom...tailbone sensitivity. Not all day long, but definitely when I'm sitting in my chair at work or even just laying in certain positions on the couch. Hope you start to feel some relief soon! We're feeling it with you. 
  • Options
    @stithof I know my next appointment late March my midwife said we should be able to hear the heartbeat! Had an appointment a week or so ago but their good machine was not in the office so no hearing the heartbeat. Why did they not reschedule?! Anyway FTM here as well :)