September 2018 Moms
Options

FFCF 3/2

Flame Free Confession Friday- whatcha got?

Re: FFCF 3/2

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also @stothi I'm totally with you. I am grateful to not need those things. I am glad that I got (an unnecessary honestly) dating ultrasound at 10 weeks, just because that way I knew for sure that there was only one and it was developing. But two weeks later I would have been able to hear heart beat on Doppler anyway, so not having it would have been fine.

But especially the rest of the testing and such I am so happy to not need, but so glad that it is a available to those with more risks. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor I'm guilty of using retail therapy as well! I don't buy much for myself too often, but I guess when I do I make it count haha.

Also, it doesn't bother me at all to not have to have any extra testing because I'm low risk for complications. There aren't great standards set in general regarding pregnancy monitoring, so sometimes it's just frustrating that my low-risk pregnancy doesn't get the same treatment as another low-risk pregnancy. 
  • Options
    ^^^ yup. Or the appointment thread. Though if there are multiple new I will check to make sure I didn’t miss a reg. 
  • Options
    @Patience7150 @SkilledSailor me either! Why are you showing people stuff when you don’t even contribute to the group regularly?! 

My fffc will most likely not be flame free. I am so very thankful to be pregnant. I know there are a lot of people out there who are going to the ends of the earth to be where I am. Heck, it took us more than a year to conceive and it was a very stressful time. I was prepared to do anything to get here, but now that I am I do not like being pregnant. I am looking forward to the baby at the end of this, but so far pregnancy has been really rough and not enjoyable. I am hoping when second trimester rolls around I will be feeling so much better and will start to enjoy it. I also feel like because it too a while to get pregnant I learned so many risks of mc and other issues that I am constantly trying to balance my fear of an issue with living in the moment and knowing I am only able to control so much about this pregnancy.
  • Options
    @klj0228 so random story, I love babies, like loooooooove babies, right? Before I got pregnant the first time I actually had fantasies about being a surrogate before/after I had my babies cause I loved seeing pregnant ladies with their bellies and I was so in love with the dream of being pregnant and having babies left and right. Then I got pregnant. Like a week in I wanted to die. Actual death die. I feel like my son is the best thing that ever happened to me and that pregnancy was the worst. I may or may not have some legit ptsd from the whole thing. Anyhoo, it's so crazy now, knowing how bad my body is at pregnancy to think back about my dreams of being a surrogate! No. No. No. Clearly I had NO idea about what my reality would be.
    I'm 100% open to adopting more babies in the future, but after this little one is born the baby making factory is closed. Sterilizations all around! Hubby's definitely getting the snip and I'm strongly considering doubling up and also getting my tubes tied. 
  • Options
    @stothi I love that story because I had considered being. Surrogate for my brother and sil before we wanted to started our own family. I am so glad I did not because I don’t think I would have ever gone on to have my own. My sister is 30 and just had tubal ligation right after her second was born. It’s nice to know I am not the only person who hates it though! I’m hoping this one goes better for you than DS.  
  • Options
    @stothi I’m already begging H to let us adopt #2. I’m happy, and a lot jealous, of those that have relatively easy pregnancies but that doesn’t seem to be the case for me. 
  • Options
    @yosemite2018 Sorry to burst your bubble, but you know they're independent events, right? It's like everyone tossed their own coin and the probability of a heads or tails is 50% for each. Even if we all tossed the same coin, the probability of a "heads" on the next turn, for example, is still 50%. Sorry to geek out on you!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    starla said:
    @yosemite2018 Sorry to burst your bubble, but you know they're independent events, right? It's like everyone tossed their own coin and the probability of a heads or tails is 50% for each. Even if we all tossed the same coin, the probability of a "heads" on the next turn, for example, is still 50%. Sorry to geek out on you!
    Actually I disagree. I think there are different factors that go into it and it’s not really 50/50 for everyone. I’ve actually done some research (during my last pregnancy) about the statistics of babies sex in different areas and depending on when the baby is conceived during the cycle. With a group the size of ours it is very unlikely to have a huge percentage of one sex and a low percentage of another. Possible? Yes. Probable? No. 

That being said, it’s all in good fun and my baby’s sex has already been determined so I guess we’ll find out soon enough. No bubble was burst here...
  • Options
    @yosemite2018 That's true that there are probably specific factors that make the probability of couples having babies of one sex higher. I don't know if there's any scientific evidence about timing or how people talk about fast vs slow speed. Feel free to educate me. :)
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.

• Options
    @starla what I’ve read (and honestly haven’t gone into too much depth on where the sources came from) is that female sperm live longer, so if you have sex 2-4 days before ovulation you can be more likely to have a girl. Also if you don’t orgasm, don’t have as deep of penetration you can be more likely to have a female since the male sperm have less chance of making it. Other factors go into play like climate and country (I think warmer climates have more females? It was such a long time ago that I don’t remember). We weren’t trying specifically for a male or female so we didn’t follow these “rules”, just stuff I found interesting when I looked into it. I am a statistic geek so this was fun reading for me.
  • Options
    i believe it's called the shettles method. (Faster/slower sperm)
  • Options
    @yosemite2018 I’m interested to see what happens in my case. I know pretty factually that we only had sex two days before O, and no other times in the FW, so by that theory I have more of a chance of being KU with a girl. I’m Team green though, so we will have a while to see if that theory pans out!
  • Options
    @yosemite2018 I've read all that too so I'm really interested to see if my baby's a girl this time cause I have a lot of factors that line up with it being a girl according to all that.  When we had sex in relation to ovulation is a big one that had me thinking it could be a girl. Time will tell! 
  • Options
    Um love this convo. I pulled out FF to check to see our timing. -1, -4 so I guess we’re still 50/50 for girl or boy. According to that theory anyway. 
  • Options
    I wish I knew our timing! I just remember where (on vacation) and that MIL was taking DD for a walk and we saw an opportunity! I O’d at the end of our trip so it could have been 4 days before or 1. Oh well...
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    edited March 2018
    I'm in the same boat as @BusinessWife. What would physiologically allow an XX sperm o live longer or swim faster (I slower, I forget)? I haven't read any plausible scientific explanations for these theories. I think it's just spurious and random correlations. 
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***

• Options
    I think we can at least all agree our kids have a 100% chance of having 1 X chromosome. 
    Maybe more like 99.9% :wink: Klinefelter Syndrome is when a male has 2 X chromosomes. XXY. 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    Yaaaaas *at least one. Still working on that coffee...at 3pm. #winning.