September 2018 Moms

Sneak Peek Gender Test

Anyone else going to purchase the DNA genetic gender test "Sneak Peek"? After checking it out and reading reviews, I'm a little skeptical. We wanted to know the gender ASAP so that we can call baby their name so we are giving it a try.

The lab has received my sample and we should know the results by 8pm tonight!

The claim is that it's 99% accurate. Just wondering whether anyone else has an experience to share positive or negative.

Re: Sneak Peek Gender Test

• I also did the sneak peek test! got my results back today! It’s a boy! I didn’t use It for my first pregnancy so we will see if it is true at the anatomy scan! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I did it for fun, results said girl, so we'll see! 
  • I'm curious to see the accuracy when everyone starts getting scans in the second trimester and the gender can be seen then! 
  • I’ve never even heard of this so I’m curious! We should try to remember to bump this after anatomy scans to compare results 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • *lurking* i heard there is a law suite going on because many got incorrect results. I’d check on that before spending your money. Or check with your doc and in insurance if they cover. Some places can still charge as little as 100 even when it’s doctor ordered. Or just wait for the anatomy scan and save your money.
  • Update: My results came back baby girl! I really felt like I was having a boy before recieveing these results so we will see. I will update after the anatomy scan confirms.
  • On a positive note if the test is incorrect they will 100% refund your money! The class action law suit is from the older version of the test. The company changed the way blood is contained and sent back to them. 
  • If you don’t like the terminology used, keep scrolling. This is a fun post for everyone to discuss the sneak peek test. If you would like to discuss the politics between gender and sex start your own discussion. Thank you. 
  • @Jyoung327 ooh? Can we get a TLDR?
  • @stoth OMG dying!!! :lol:
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @ecwk hey girl hey! I totally check out the Aug18 board from time to time and was excited to see you’ve got another LO on the way! 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • ecwkecwk member
    fwtx5815 said:
    @ecwk hey girl hey! I totally check out the Aug18 board from time to time and was excited to see you’ve got another LO on the way! 
    Same! Was thrilled to see your name!! Congrats!! I hope you are keeping well! :heart:

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MandyMost said:
    Interesting: the science is the same as the NIPT tests you do at a lab. It looks at the tiny bit of fetal DNA that’s floating around in the mother’s blood. But the way  the write-up describes it, there’s no “not enough fetal dna” result. So I’d expect if it comes back with a male result it’s accurate, but a female result is really just “no Y chromosome detected” which could be because it’s not there, or it’s not detected. 

They actually do tell you if there’s not enough fetal DNA in your sample. I took it at exactly 9 weeks and it says girl, so we’ll see if that matches at my anatomy ultrasound.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @ecwk Hey girl Hayyy!!  Exciting you’re on August! Come dirty lurk whenever you’re up for it. ❤️
  • We used it at 9 weeks. It was right! Confirmed boy at anatomy yesterday ;);););)