What is your due date?2/27. So, tomorrowHow are you feeling?Like my due date is tomorrowAny signs of labor?Nothing more than what I’ve already been experiencing for a couple weeks. Cramping, BH, groin pain. The groin pain has continued to increase in severity and frequency. It seriously feels like someone just hits me with a taser out of nowhere. No changes to my cervix since 38 weeks. Only 1cm, 30% effaced. Any questions, worries, rants, or raves?I really do not want to be inducedGTKY: Do you have a date set where you have to be induced? And what are you doing to distract yourself right now from being too impatient?Nothing yet, but I have my usual OB appt on Thursday and I’ll be postdates by then so I’m sure it will be discussed. Honestly, I’m not that impatient yet. I’m definitely anxious and ready, but I’m not going crazy. Yet. Every night I’m finding it harder to fall asleep because I just think about how it’s another day gone by that I’m still pregnant. On the bright side, my house has never been cleaner.
I'm to be induced Tuesday night if she doesn't arrive on her own. I really didn't want to be induced since I'm trying to deliver natural, and being induced will most likely make the labor more intense and painful. Not to mention it can take a long time so that's more time in the hospital. More money, more time away from my senior doggie, more time away from my home business, and if it takes a few days for the induction to work, my dad will be away by then for 10 days on business so won't get to meet his granddaughter right away. I know none of this is the end of the world and in the end I'm going to be so happy and fortunate to have baby girl in my arms, but it's just a lot to handle right now.
I just wanted to pop in to say i ended up being induced Monday and baby was born early on Tuesday. Tuesday was 41 + 2. I’ll give a detailed birth story after we’re home from the hospital and rested more. Everything is fine and he is amazing and perfect (such a chunk, 9#2oz, and so fuzzy!) but just as i was afraid of, pitocin was upped too fast, contractions ended up going strong with no break to get a cleansing breath so i decided to get an epidural at about 6 cm since i couldn’t really use breathing anyway. It was miserable but everything went super in general. I would try for natural birth again next time and just know that if i end up being induced i will just lay those plans aside.its funny, in my birth plan it even says that i need to control the rate at which pitocin is increased in the case of induction, but while she was super sweet, the nurse put it up faster than was manageable and even when we backed it off, the contractions still never spaced out. So if anyone is facing the same situation (induction but trying natural labor), my advice is go slow slow slow with increasing the dose and speak up and wait enough in between increments to see the difference. If it goes too hard you may not be able to back off.