Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Just in need of support

went to my first doctor appointment. I’m suppose to be 10 weeks with 6 days. However the ultrasound showed 5 weeks and 6 days with no heartbeat. My heart dropped this is my second pregnancy and first loss, I have yet to accept this I asked for another ultrasound in hopes that they are wrong however they are 99% sure that this pregnancy isn’t viable. She said it could three thing the baby stop growing or the baby is sick or I’m off with the calculations. But they are sure that the baby just stop growing. She assured me it was nothing I did but I can’t help to feel how i feel. This is my second baby. My first I had her last year and she amazing and I was just so ready for another one. My husband is being supportive and I’m sure he’s hurt and wishes it was a lie as well, I don’t feel like going to work I just want to cry and stay home with my daughter. I don’t know how to handle this. 

Re: Just in need of support

• Options
    ble1ble1 member
    I'm sorry for your loss. I was in a similiar situation where baby stopped growing and we didnt know until our 12 week appointment, I had surgery this week. I am still processing it. I am writing down questions to ask my doctor when we go in for our follow up visit and find that is helping me "calm" my mind. Just remember it will get better. Take your time to process it and take care of yourself. Lean on your husband for support.
  • Options
    I’m sorry for your loss.hes been a my back and bones right now. It isn’t easy. But I’ll take it day by day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry for you loss.  I don't think it is always a matter of acceptance or not,  I personally think it is always best to have a confirmation ultrasound, when it is the first ultrasound.  Meaning that with my first loss, there was an ultrasound with HB, and then with the second, there was no HB, so there was no questions.  If it is your first ultrasound, there is still a chance dates are off, so it is best to be sure, even if there is only 1% chance.  With my recent loss, we did have multiple ultrasounds, and even then, the acceptance didn't come.  

I am glad your husband is being supportive, and hope you can find peace and acceptance.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. It would be very hard to hear that it might -- but not 100% is -- a miscarriage. I understand you asking for another ultrasound. I'm glad your husband is supportive. If it's any consolation, my doctor told me this is probably a one-off and you can go on to have another (or another several) successful pregnancies. Wishing the best for you and your family.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Set aside some time for yourself and have all the crying you want. And squeeze your daughter and husband tight.  It can be a wild ride, so definitely give yourself all the time and space your need to ride it out in a way that’s healing to you.