October 2018 Moms

Randoms week of 2/22

2»

Re: Randoms week of 2/22

• @KFrob - That is so sweet.  You are a lucky momma. 
  • I now know why my dog won’t eat the “chewable” flea/tick and heartworm medications. Thanks to pregnancy nose, I could smell the chemicals lacing them when I broke them up to put in his wet food this morning.  
  • Loading the player...
  • lynzev said:
    I actually didn't know about the fitbit thing until reading this thread. But sure enough, I checked my log and about 2 weeks before getting my BFP my resting HR went up about 10 bpm for 3 days, now it's back to normal. I hope that's supposed to happen?
    It's very common! I looked into it when I noticed it. It makes sense because your body is pumping tons of blood and trying to keep up with what's going on and produce enough blood to the baby. I was reading somewhere about the amount of extra blood you have after the first tri. It's crazy!
  • So, this just happened.

I walked into a meeting with my boss, his boss, and about 10 people from various departments.  A friend (who I have a very jokey relationship with) said, "Lest12, how are your kids doing?  What do you have now, 6 of them?" and I "joked" back - "Nope!  2 and counting!"

And then everyone stared at me and my boss said "Lest12, I heard that!" and I had to play it off like it was a joke except well, it wasn't.

FML.

image        image

• Awake at 4:30 in the morning and reading Dr. Google. I’m going to give myself nightmares. 
  • Zero motivation to get up today.
  • Last night MH picked up SS6 for our evening with him. One of the first things he says is "Is Sammie going to have a baby?". He said his heart dropped because he was so worried that he some how found out (we are telling him this weekend). Apparently SS had been watching Daniel Tiger, and Daniel's mom has a baby, so he was hoping I was. It was cute, because he reassured us how excited he's going to be when we tell him.
  • @knottieamusements ugh 4:30 is my new wake up time no matter when I go to bed it seems. I was contemplating morning yoga but laziness and puppy snuggles won out.
  • @chopchop25 -4:30 has long been a midnight wake tine for me because of one of my fur babies.  Unfortunately, now I wake up and don’t go back to sleep.  :(
  • @sammierose464 - a friend of mine (who didn’t know) was asking me the other night if I’m planning to attend an event in November.  I told him no, that I had some things going on late in the year, and wouldn’t be getting out socially for a few minutes.  He asked if I was getting “locked up in a geodesic dome.”   That is so totally NOT what I heard. 
  • @knottieamusements aw poor fur baby! Can’t hold it through the night? Hopefully you can catch a nap later!
  • @knottieamusements - locked up...knocked up... one of those two!
  • So do people want randoms on mondays as well? I did Thursday's because it didn't seem to matter... but we can change it to mondays if you guys want. 

I'm OCD and used to randoms starting on Mondays, so I prefer it. But I might be the only one bothered by it. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @chopchop25 - according to anyone who has ever watched him for me, I am very well trained. They get a full nights’ sleep. 
  • Ok for the record...I truly do love dogs and am very opposed to animal cruelty. I know this sounds absolutely horrible and I’m not entirely serious...but if something terrible like falling off a cliff happened to my upstairs neighbors stupid little rat dog and he died I would be overjoyed. He WILL NOT QUIT BARKING!! He always barks when they leave but today yelling up through the water heater closet won’t work. I finally pounded my hand (where I broke it a yr or so ago) against a vent in the closet like a genius. Now my hand is swollen and the dog still won’t shut up. I’ve reported it once to the property manager but no change. The neighbors seem nice enough but I don’t really ever talk to them. They also let their dogs shit right outside the door and don’t pick it up which I am sick of too.  Any advice? 
  • @krzyriver I’m with you on the Monday thing... my ocd also wants weekly things to start on Monday, but I think we’re in the minority here. 
  • @chopchop25 I can't seem to sleep past 5. It makes the mornings really long. DD also keeps trying to get up with me which leaves her super cranky all day. Today I forced her to go back to sleep for an hour which was nice. 
  • @knottieamusements @chopchop25 @acciocoffee my wake is 6am. Damn stress wakes me up...
  • @cdepperschmidt oh no! Anything you can do to help put the stress at bay? Highly recommend the Mindset app if meditation isn't on your list yet.
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited February 2018
    Random question - for everyone who has had an u/s, how long does the first appointment+u/s usually last? We're trying to figure out if we need to let the dogs out first or if we can go straight from work.

Also, any thoughts on a weekly questions thread? I feel like we're pretty good about asking things in existing boards, but not sure if it'd be more useful along the way?
  • @chopchop25 my office says about an hour and a half for the first appointment-they schedule an hour for the ultrasound and about a half hour for speaking with the dr after. 
  • @chopchop25 Thanks! Usually yoga helps, but I’ve been struggling to find motivation. 

Also, to answer your question, mine was an hour, but they also did blood work, a full exam and health history in addition to the u/s.
  • Also, any thoughts on a weekly questions thread? I feel like we're pretty good about asking things in existing boards, but not sure if it'd be more useful along the way?
    I’ve just been starting individual threads as big items come to mind, or I see them buried in a status thread update. I kind of lurk on all the threads. I don’t know if that works for people, or if they think it clutters the board.  

But for smaller questions (“Has anyone tried candied ginger?” Or “do compression socks help with the swelling?”), I can totally see how a weekly questions thread would be helpful.  
  • My appointment today didn't take too long, however I've seen this Dr for about 10 years. So he had all my health history. My mom also sees him, so her history is there too. He also doesn't do u/s in his office. So I had basically my yearly exam today.
  • @krzyriver I’m with you on the Monday thing... my ocd also wants weekly things to start on Monday, but I think we’re in the minority here. 
    I’m on the Monday bandwagon too. Thursday is just an odd day of the week.
  • Add me to the list of those who prefer Mondays. 

I also like the idea of a questions thread
  • We all JUST got over the flu in our household, and now DS has strep throat! Ugh we cannot catch a break. I swear toddlers are just sick 24/7 with something...
  • @knottieamusements @chopchop25 I’m in agreement with that weekly questions might be good for little stuff and individual threads are bettter for bigger questions. I definitely don’t want to clog the board, but I also don’t want important stuff buried in questions Week of April 2nd or whatever. 
  • There was a questions thread started one week..I don't think it saw much attention though. However, I do like the idea.

I don't really care which day we start threads...I find myself getting behind toward the end of the week and catching up when I can.
  • For those of you who want all the weekly threads to start on Monday- a couple of things to keep in mind:

1) Sunday is the first day of the week, not Monday.  
    2) People starting the threads are all volunteers.  Your OCD may prefer threads started on Monday, but their schedules may be terrible for doing that. 
  • @knottieamusements Many people are more active during the week vs the weekend, which is why Monday typically works well as the start of the week. Also I saw more than once that whoever volunteered said they didn’t care what day people wanted them to start, they had just picked a day. 

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @krzyriver - I’ll put this more directly- if you don’t like when threads are getting started, then why don’t you either a) directly address the people who are starting them or b) start them yourself. 

The people starting the threads are not responsible for managing your OCD. My point about Sunday vs. Monday is simply that different people have different things they get particular about. 

I honestly would prefer that threads don’t all start on Monday. But I’m not going to tell people when to do things they’ve volunteered to do, as long as it gets done. 
  • Also- I think the only weekly update by week that didn’t get started on Monday was 1st week, which was started on Tuesday. I’m guessing that is the first chance @Gizmo1231 had to start it after the last discussion on when to start these. The title was even listed as w/o 2/26.  

It isn’t like she can go back in time just to satisfy your OCD. 
  • @knottieamusements I’m not really sure why this conversation is taking this turn, but I’ll say again.... people were asking if people preferred randoms start on Monday. I answered the question. You don’t need to make comments about my OCD becuase you don’t like my answer. 

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @krzyriver - I apologize. I so often see people claiming to be OCD as an excuse for wanting things done their way, which they believe is the best, most ordered way, that I occasionally forget that it is a serious psychological condition. 
  •  @knottieamusements I appreciate the apology. Mine is relatively mild, thankfully. But stressful times, like pregnancy, definitely amplify it.

As for the randoms, whatever the majority wants to do is what we should do. Any discomfort it would cause me is my issue to deal with, not the whole groups. I was simply answering the question that was posed and providing counter arguments. I would never push what I want simply because I think it's best when I'm trying to be part of a community. <3

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• I also would prefer weekly threads to start on Monday, but that's probably because I come from TTGP and that's how we did it there. It seems that the we agreed to do the due date check-ins on Mondays, so we should compromise and allow some weekly threads to start on different days of the week. That way it's not just the OCD folks that get their way. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker