July 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 2/28

Re: WTF Wednesday 2/28

• Options
    selfishly started...
    Called my OB to ask what time my next appointment is (pregnancy brain.. I didn't write it down and I couldn't remember) and hung up having to schedule a fetal echo. 
  • Options
    WTF to DD's school.  This is the only update I got on their day yesterday (other than the number of times she used the potty/diaper change, her nap and that she ate a lot).  WTF does this even mean?!?!

Hi parents to all of u plz don’t get upset today was a day everyone was so over active but it’s I think because of the rainy day they can’t play out side so they were all little I think tired of staying in side hoping tomorrow will be a wonderful day will try to do some new projects so if we can’t go out they will be busy so have a wonderful evening see u all tomorrow morning with a new and wonderful day .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF to DD's school.  This is the only update I got on their day yesterday (other than the number of times she used the potty/diaper change, her nap and that she ate a lot).  WTF does this even mean?!?!

Hi parents to all of u plz don’t get upset today was a day everyone was so over active but it’s I think because of the rainy day they can’t play out side so they were all little I think tired of staying in side hoping tomorrow will be a wonderful day will try to do some new projects so if we can’t go out they will be busy so have a wonderful evening see u all tomorrow morning with a new and wonderful day .
    That is a serious WTF. When my son's daycare sends home letters/newsletters etc there are always some grammar errors that really bug me, but it's usually pretty minor and I let it go. But that letter/note you got would seriously have me reconsidering/looking for a new facility. 
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 Um, longest sentence ever. Also, what does that mean? They just sort of phoned it in yesterday?
  • Options
    Right?!?!  I have NO idea.  I had already asked for a meeting with the interim director before seeing this and I'll be bringing it up.  The lack of real content in the update bothers me a lot more than the grammar (although I'm typically a grammar nazi).  Lack of communication is my #1 problem with this school so far, and I've heard it's a problem in other classrooms as well.  
  • Options
    I mean the grammar is annoying, but the incomprehensible run on sentence and use of "plz" and "u" is just so unprofessional. I know they're not teaching spelling and grammar at this age, but it is still important to me that the facility taking care of my child is professional and has some oversight going on. 
  • Options
    @moguippy why the fetal echo? Did i miss an update in another thread?? 

@MichelleAG05 I don't even know where to START with that.....
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    English is a 2nd language for all her teachers.  Insert eyeroll here.  I totally get what you're saying, and agree, but I have larger concerns with what's going on and not going on there.  If we hadn't already seen her come home and demonstrate how much she's learning (counting, letter recognition, etc.) I would have pulled her out already.
  • Options
    @stlmegs DH had an uncle who died in his late 20's of Marfan's syndrome. However, we went to a genetic counselor and she told us that his uncle had mostly likely gotten a random mutation and it wasn't hereditary. Marfan's is a dominant trait, so if you have one gene, you have the disease; you can't be a carrier unless you have it. Since MIL and DH don't show signs of the disease, they most likely don't have it (no one else in their family shows any signs either). Since the only options to get it are random mutation or getting it from a parent with the disease, I was under the impression we were in the clear. But MFM doc decided he wanted a fetal echo anyway. And it's 40 minutes away during the work day.  I guess I just wasn't expecting it.  We had a tech do our anatomy scan on Monday and she said everything was fine but that the MFM doc would look at it. So I'm hoping he's just being cautious and he didn't actually see anything.  I also had an uncle who had an enlarged heart but I don't know if that was hereditary or something he developed later in life. He died of a heart attack at 49, so I guess I'm not too mad about the extra scan since there are possible risk factors on both sides. Just a little caught off guard since the anatomy scan was good.  Sorry for the novel

@MichelleAG05 It sounds like maybe something happened yesterday by the "plz don't get upset" or maybe they just stayed inside instead of doing activities? I don't know but that's super sketchy and sounds like you need more info to figure out why you shouldn't be upset. 
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 the fact they said please don't get upset would really concern particularly because they never said why. I would definitely follow up. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @MichelleAG05 what the actual eff does that even mean!?! I would be concerned receiving something like that. Keep us updated on what they say after you meet!
  • Options
    MichelleAG05  that's kind of like "here's you're update, your kids were a pain in my ass today"  lol so rude!
  • Options
    So our baby bonding policy changed this year for the better. At the start of the new year both parents get 10 wks of paid leave which is awesome for my husband since he didn’t get much of anything at his old job. Well his HR lady is telling him it’s only 6 wks. Yeah no! I have all the documents and even policy updates sent by the company that stated 10 wks. They better not start messing with me on this! 
  • Options
    Major WTF. The attorneys in my office are expected to attend at least one benefit per year for the schools we work with. So tomorrow I am going with my boss to a benefit. I hate it but I suck it up. Anyway, they are always business formal type events. Well apparently not this one. My boss just comes into my office and goes "by the way, this is the most formal benefit...you'll need at least cocktail if not a formal dress." WTF? Did she not think it might be important to tell me that in advance? Does she think most 5 month pregnant women have maternity formalwear sitting in their closets??? Guess I'll be stopping on my way home to find something to wear, cutting out time I get with my son when I already won't get to see him at all tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 leave work early to go shopping!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @zande2016 leave work early to go shopping!
    It’s work related so counts as working hours right?! :wink:
  • Options
    WTF to my computer. Was waiting for emails and got nothing all afternoon. Decided to click refresh (which it should automatically do) and BAM I have 20 emails. ugh.. right before I leave
  • Options
    @wildtot @rachelsogo she told me at like 3:30 and I normally work 7am til 4. So basically I left on time for once, which is kind of like leaving early around my office lol. 
  • Options
    @ashbub714 I have a giant bag of Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream chips in the pantry and I am afraid to open it because the same thing will probably happen.
  • Options
    @ashbub714  They must have been good chips! Now I’m daydreaming about bbq Fritos and how easily I could eat several bags of them  :p
  • Options
    @ashbub714 I have a giant bag of Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream chips in the pantry and I am afraid to open it because the same thing will probably happen.

Those are my fave! My WTF goes to the gym where I subbed today. I have subbed today many times and always used the same cable for my phone. I have a new Google phone so no headphone jack, but I ALWAYS have my cable with me.Well, in the past week since I've been there last they changed the stereao and I could no longer hook my cable up. I had to fiddle with the back cables. A freaking mess! Girl at the front desk was literally holding the cable in so I could start teaching. TEN MINUTES LATER. finally, as I'm teaching a song (it's a choreographed class), an instructor comes in and said I could use the Bluetooth. WTF!!  NO ONE at the front desk knew this? Thankfully it was a small class so no one was bothered but I hated the situation.

Also WTF to anybody who ignores the fact that there is a YOGA class in progress and enters the group exercise room to grab equipment (when the same equipment can be found in the gym). They come in and let the door slam behind them. I swear I get one of those people every other class!

/End rant