October 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms Week of 2/26

Re: Symptoms Week of 2/26

• Options
    Y'all. I woke up today feeling...normal...happy, even.

It's freaking me out.
  • Options
    klpv415klpv415 member
    edited February 2018
    @stithof Haha that's how I've felt, but I've been telling myself not to make up things to worry about. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm literally dying. I work in a big office with cubicles and one bathroom. Someone sprayed that oil in the bathroom which is supposed to mask the scent of bathroom odors, which I appreciate, but I'm gonna throw up. I've never cared for that scent but it's sooooo much worse now. Literally trying to hold my breath and breathe through my mouth. :confounded:
  • Options
    @lynzev Ew!  When that happens I then get grossed out about breathing that stank and perfumed air through my mouth and it makes me want to vom more
  • Options
    Smells are bothering me today for the first time. My dogs breath makes me gag! the brand new sour cream smells off to me but it's not due for another month! The smell of my hair serum. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    I think the best way to describe how I am feeling is hungover. Constantly hungover.

Tired (correction: exhausted), dehydrated, hungry/not-hungry/hungry-again, and the tea I've been drinking every day smells like soup today. :( Sleep is a mixture of staring at the ceiling, trying to get into a position that doesn't hurt my hips/back, and weird-ass dreams. 

@cdepperschmidt @knottieamusements I agree, pads! Also, if you're afraid of it happening at work, you could pack an extra pair of pants and maybe tell a trusted friend, in case you need them to bring them to you in the bathroom. Anyway, I think you're allowed to pee yourself when your pregnant.

Midwest Momma to be + Dog Mom to Riley, Beagle/Boxer/Snarfer
    Baby Blob due Oct 7!
    PAIF 2+ years!
  • Options
    @cirrra Hungover is a great way to put it!! So thirsty and just yuck feeling...although I have been lucky that i don’t have the hangover headaches.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    I'm 9 weeks today and the nausea has hit in full force in the last few days. Ugh. I almost threw up at work earlier today and I have no idea how I'm gonna make it to 5pm. I'm still exhausted all the time, grumpy, and don't want to do much of anything. Most food is unappealing so I've reverted back to "kid food" like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, string cheese, and chewy granola bars. Not exactly a balanced diet but whatever works I guess, haha.
  • Options
    I'm 6 weeks today and I think the nausea has started to set in. I'm also exhausted ALL the time and have not been sleeping well. I usually get hot when I sleep, but I've been waking up super hot. And also waking up wanting to puke. I thought MS only happened during the awake hours, it's not fair that it can wake you up too!! :( I didnt have that my last pregnancy and I am not a fan. 
  • Options
    Apparently my day yesterday of "I actually good! I have energy and I want to go for a walk" was preparing me for today... Got sick at work so I came home and napped. I still feel like crap even after eating. Going to the dr tomorrow, so I think I may ask for some nausea meds.
  • Options
    So exhausted. The other day, I got dressed to work out right after dinner but passed out on the couch instead, shoes and all. I woke up an hour later when my fiance got home.
    I'm 7w+3, and my nausea is the worst it's been so far. If I keep eating, I can stop myself from vomiting. But I don't know how long that's going to last. 
    Cramps are still here. I feel them mostly if I'm sitting up, which is why you'll find me slumped over in my chair at work most of the time. 
  • Options
    @chyvie yes! My sense of smell has been heightened almost since before my BFP but last night it went into overdrive and today too!! Thankfully it hasn't prevented me from eating! Dh grilled so I didn't even have to worry about smelling cooking food. 
  • Options
    FOOD AVERSIONS. Food aversions that trigger my already intense morning sickness. Ugh. That's my main symptom and I hate it
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    Couldn't stop dry heaving this morning. That was fun. 
  • Options
    Where. Have. My. Symptoms. Gone. 

It’s freaking me me out SO BAD that I barely slept just thinking about what could be wrong. 
  • Options
    I got sick quite a few times yesterday, but I'm wondering how much is MS and how much is allergies. I've been super congested, and my allergies amplify it. I actually did much better after taking some allergy meds last night.
  • Options
    @stithof fx something will return soon! Mine have been very on and off, and mild, but after a sort of two day break they returned a bit last night and are evolving - so maybe tomorrow is your day! Try to enjoy feeling well while you can, though I know that’s easier said and done and hopefully at least your appetite sticks around for that birthday mac!
  • Options
    @chopchop25 BIRTHDAY MAC!!!! Om nom nom.
  • Options
    I've also been sweating at night so bad. And then I wake up cold because of the sweat and struggle to fall back asleep. Poor hubby complains that I "thrash" around when I'm trying to get comfortable. Sometimes I can't help it!
  • Options
    So tired, a little nauseated, but mostly night sweating - which I totally remember happening PP, but not pregnant! 
  • Options
    Im currently 8 weeks + 1 day... I had on and off nausea weeks 6/7 (never puked and it was only for an hour or two)... but I hit 8 weeks and i feel like it kicked into overdrive... no puking yet but damn, just looking at the computer screen is difficult... beyond that still tired after work... 
  • Options
    Everything smells. I can’t open the fridge or the cabinet with the spices. Diaper duty hasn’t been given to DH. Nothing sounds good. I’ll finally come up with something to eat that doesn’t sound disgusting, eat three bites, and then decide it’s horrible. Being outside seems to help so weve been playing in the backyard A LOT. 
  • Options
    @stithof I was in the same boat yesterday. Totally freaky but most likely fine. I’m trying so hard to just not compare myself to everyone else. But I know it’s scary and so hard to not have control.

Definitely went through my own freak out at dwindling symptoms. Wasn’t nauseous, felt a spark of energy, I swore my boobs were smaller (Husband says they aren’t) and I was reading all the wrong things online. 

Anyway- all that changed when I ate my gummy prenatal this morning (seemed like a good idea at the time) and the taste really made me feel sick. I haven’t vomited at all but definitely grossed out. So I guess changing that up....Today makes 9 weeks and I just can’t wait to feel more stable.
  • Options
    For those of you on Diclegis (or Diclectin in Canada) do you find it helps? Is there a certain threshold to be prescribed? 

Nausea is starting to really affect me now. I can't manage at work. Constantly dry heaving and running to bathroom to be discreet. And it's ALL day and night. Never let's up.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @cdepperschmidt   I agree with @knottieamusements. Wear a pad. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve leaked and had to go commando the rest of the day. I also prefer my regular menstrual pads over the incontinence ones—period pads have more coverage. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    6W 5D and I mostly feel bloated and a bit tired. My pants are getting tighter much faster this time around. Although I think maybe that they were snugger to begin with LOL.
  • Options
    6W 3D and the nausea certainly kicked in at 6 weeks. Mostly I just feel off and on nauseous and randomly gag but dont throw up *fingers crossed I never do*

I also feel like certain foods one minute then I don’t the next. Hoping that second trimester comes quickly!
  • Options
    @nasalot188 I am taking Diclegis and it has been a life saver.  I am fairly certain that if I hadn't started taking it I would have had to get a couple of IVs.
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • Options
    I started spotting tonight and I'm panicking. It's still just spotting but this really sucks. Why can't we all just have easy pregnancies with nothing to make us worry?
  • Options
    @lynzev - I’m pretty sure it is to prepare us for the stress that is raising an infant. 

• Options
    @knottieamusements I definitely like that theory. Seems like a plan from the universe.
    @lynzev Fx it’s just some light spotting! Hope you’re finding a way to take your mind off of it this evening, though I know that’s easier said than done 
  • Options
    Just bought some B6 and Unisom. With DD, my morning sickness lasted until 17 weeks which means I probably have at least 10 more weeks of feeling like crap. I'm just not doing that. I did a ton of research and it seems like it's safe and it works. I am still waiting to hear back from my doctor to make sure they are ok with it, but I went ahead and took 25mg of B6 because that's not going to hurt anything. I just want to make sure the Unisom is safe for me to take. I'm really hoping this works for me. 
  • Options
    Just bought some B6 and Unisom. With DD, my morning sickness lasted until 17 weeks which means I probably have at least 10 more weeks of feeling like crap. I'm just not doing that. I did a ton of research and it seems like it's safe and it works. I am still waiting to hear back from my doctor to make sure they are ok with it, but I went ahead and took 25mg of B6 because that's not going to hurt anything. I just want to make sure the Unisom is safe for me to take. I'm really hoping this works for me. 
    I have a friend who's dr told her to try this before the prescription. If things keep up like they have the last few days, I might be going this route.
  • Options
    @acciocoffee
    I started taking 25 mg B6 + 1/2 Unisom at night before bed about a week ago and it has helped me so much! I can function now. I was miserable with all day nausea before. I also take 25 mg B6 around lunchtime. So far, so good. 
  • Options
    @gracehopper27 I'm so glad to hear it works! I was so against taking anything to help my morning sickness with DD for some reason. I was telling DH this morning that I feel no need to be a hero this time and suffer through it. I just want to be a normal functioning human!
  • Options
    @acciocoffee - I told one of my friends the other night that I just feel like a cranky, whiny person instead of an expectant Mom. She told me that expectant Moms were supposed to feel like cranky, whiny, half-crazed women and since I had two out of three (she was kind enough to lie about me not being half-crazed), I’m doing good. 
  • Options
    6w3d today and the nausea is really starting to kick in. I feel mostly ok in the morning as long as I eat right away, but the last couple of days it’s been starting around noon and lasting until I go to bed. My poor DH made dinner last night and made exactly what I asked him to, I took about 4 bites when I started gagging so that was the end of dinner. I don’t feel like it’s a constant nausea, but it comes and goes throughout the day. I’m just hoping it doesn’t get worse! 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    Anyone else a weepy mess? Everything seems to make me tear up! Not okay in my professional life!
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• Options
    @acciocoffee - My coworker just started taking B6 and says she's feeling much better.