July 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 2/23

13»

Re: Weekend Randoms 2/23

• @nimmle I saw that in the store last week!  Seemed a bit early for it to be out to me, but seems perfect for summer! Will definitely be trying that when it's ok!
  • Loading the player...
  • @angleyeskkhr I'm in San Antonio for the weekend so the tacos are the hole in the wall Mexican joint kind of tacos:) I had a potato egg and beans and an egg cheese and bacon. I could eat 4-5 but I'm trying out this moderation thing! Lol. I know those beds are expensive but they are a good investment so it's nice you can at least pay little by little!

@zande2016 so good. The tortillas are hand made, which makes a huge difference. Taco salads would be a good option for me too given how much I'm eating this trip :p 
  • angleyeskkhrangleyeskkhr member
    edited February 2018
    Homemade tortillas....I’m droolong. My store (I’m in south Texas) also makes homemade tortillas, and my cousins that live in the San Antonio area typically ask me to bring some up. Lol. They are closed ticdag though. 

Taco salads are are good too. But not nearly as yummy has enchiladas, flautas, tamales, etc. 

ooh and I’ve wanted to try a homemade version of this one dish a local restaurant does—jalapeño queso chicken—friend chicken breast with queso on top and pico de gallo and jalapeños. 
  • @nimmle My DH bought this and I put like 3 drops in my mouth to try it, and it’s DELICIOUS!!! It tastes like moscato! It’s very sweet. I definitely can not wait until summer haha. 
  • @nimmle I saw that too and am so excited for when I can actually enjoy one!
  • wildtotwildtot member
    edited February 2018
    Our inspector found two gas leak near our furnace. I called our warranty emergency line and the dumb guy was like “well 9/10 times when an inspector calls out a leak it’s not true, so let me see if this falls under an emergency”. Um what i also told him that i have a toddler and pregnant and needs to be fixed ASAP. This guy made me feel so stupid. DH called him back and demanded someone in the next hour. I just wanted to cry. 

Update: it was a gas leak but that guy made me feel like an idiot. 
  • A/S tomorrow in addition to pre-school registration for #1...this is the first time I am “double-booked” with things for both of my kids, the very first of what is about to be my new normal. Exciting and terrifying especially coming from being an only child...how do moms with 2+ do it?! 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @flockofmoosen3 maybe for solicitation? I saw that she did intro, but if she contributed elsewhere it wasn’t much. 
    She got snippy about the responses though and GBCB
  • Thanks @acunamatada. I thought it might get interesting but I wasnt in much to keep up before it was apparently deleted. Oh well!

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @acunamatada ah i missed her response! 
  • SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited February 2018
    I missed her response Too! Darn

I just realized I haven't pooped for real in two days. Hmmm...

Also we just tried watching the new Twin Peaks. The first was not my jam but ok. Two episodes in to the new one and I can't tell you what's happeni g.
  • Oh man I forgot I responded to her post too.. I’m bummed I missed it... 
  • Wish people would stop telling I’m eating for two! 
  • @SmashJam joining your club. I blame all the Texas food I've been eating...
  • sad I missed the small business post haha i enjoy a silly gbcb. 
    @wildtot i'm so sorry the guy was such a jerk. No one should ever make light of people reporting gad leaks! I'd suggest you or husband call back and complain! especially since there was a leak and he put your safety at risk with his douchebaggery. hugs mama you are the farthest thing from stupid! and i like you lots and lots! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• sorry I tend to be MIA on the weekends. once i get home from work we have lots of tasks and family time, since we pretty much just switch from taking care of dd to go to work and vice versa. I will be overjoyed once I can have one job and have weekends again! fingers crossed that will happen by this spring! 

@SmashJam I definitely feel you on the pooping or lack there of! The bloated feeling and stomach cramping that go along with that is not fun! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @lindsayleigh1989 thanks! I actually have a meet up with two directors of his team so you get I’ll mention it! Glad it was at least an easy fix.
  • @lindsayleigh1989 I’m usually pretty MIA on the weekends too. Since the board is usually fairly quiet on the weekends I was just hoping people would understand. I hope you’re able to only have one job soon!
  • @noideawhatshesdoing thanks, that helps! I've actually gained less than what I thought was above average.