May 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in (2/21)

How far along are you? Girl/boy/team green? 

How old are your other kids? 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)? 

GTKY:  Are you watching the Olympics? Favorite event?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM+ Check-in (2/21)

• Options
    How far along are you? Girl/boy/team green?  28 + 6 / boy

How old are your other kids? DD turns 3 on Monday!

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)? For the past couple of months, DD has been tough to put to bed, particularly if DH is home. She'll go down, but then be up crying multiple times asking for dumb things (blankets retucked, more stuffed animals, etc.). So we ended up telling her a week ago that we can't help her with that kind of thing, but we'll help her if she needs to go potty and she should get out of bed and yell out that she needs to go and we'll come and help her. So she immediately started abusing the potty line and now goes to the potty 4-5 times after we put her down within a span of 2 hours. She will pee a little bit each time. Toying with the idea of telling her she'll have to use the potty by herself, but we don't have her go without supervision in the daytime yet. She also wears a pull-up at night but doesn't like to be awake and know that there's pee in it. That was long, but any suggestions on what to do? 

GTKY:  Are you watching the Olympics? Favorite event? I've been trying, but actually haven't seen much. I've missed most of the figure skating, which makes me sad. It's always on so late!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @maplemom18 yep, that sounds about right for a (almost) 3yo! 3 was tough with bedtime. I remember googling “3 year old bedtime help” and something we tried that worked was if she came out of her room once we would shut the door halfway and if she came out again we shut it all the way for a few minutes. It only took one time shutting the door all the way for her to get it. Good luck! Threenagers are fun :D  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    30+1

Girl/boy/team green? 
    boy

5 & 2.5

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)? 
    The toddler is turning into a threenager. She basically walks around with her middle finger in the air like she just don’t care.

yes! I really like snowboarding.
  • Options
    @maplemom18 three has been a tough age for us. DS did the same thing and now he tell him
    once we give a hug and kiss, he has to get up
    on his own and go back to bed. It’s worked pretty well. The other night he came out to the living room to get his stuffed animal he left and went back to bed on his own, no problem.

@MissusTexas solidarity. Three has me counting the days until 4. I feel like it can’t be any worse. 
  • Options
    30+6
    Girl!

DS is 2.5yo

DS has a bad cold so everything is a struggle this week. Can't wait till he's feeling better. It's getting pretty frustrating. Plus his cough is so sad to hear :( 

mmm no. 

i feel for you moms with the tough bedtimes. We just got out of that about 2 months ago. It was like a light switched and suddenly there was no fight for any of it. Hang in there!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the commiseration and advice, ladies! I guess my next step is to tell her she's on her own for potty and see what happens.  :#
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @maplemom18 yep, that sounds about right for a (almost) 3yo! 3 was tough with bedtime. I remember googling “3 year old bedtime help” and something we tried that worked was if she came out of her room once we would shut the door halfway and if she came out again we shut it all the way for a few minutes. It only took one time shutting the door all the way for her to get it. Good luck! Threenagers are fun :D  
    Haha threenager. Yes all the way
    Dd is 2.5, but definitely a threenager not a terrible two anymore. but for the last few weeks its the bedtime routine that has been met with tears and tantrums.  Actual sleep is fine, for some reason she is conditioned that once she is in her bed she cant get out. Shes not potty trained yet ((help)) but i wonder how thats going to work out when we work on night training lol.
    I also 2nd the door thing, it work on the kids i used to nanny for and for me according to my mom.lol

• Options
    My DH is a firefighter, so all our doors are always closed.  LOL  Fire prevention all the way!  DS doesn't know the difference.  We have practiced unlocking his door because he's locked himself in his room a couple times.  I think it freaked him out enough that he won't do it anymore, but  I'm glad we thought ahead to know how to unlock them from the outside.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mlindzzmlindzz member
    edited February 2018

28w 4d. Team green

DS 2.5 yrs

Rant: heartburn, like others mentioned. And hot flashes in the middle of the night have started. So fun!

Rave: I walked into the department store with my toddler on Sunday and said ‘well, we don’t need any baby stuff today (referring to his things), so we’ll just grab some groceries’. And with much concern he asked ‘but what about my baby? My baby needs diapers and clothes? What will it wear?’ Sooo cute!

No, we don’t watch much cable. 

@maplemom18 wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but we’re in the same boat. Also struggling with keeping the little threenager in bed.  Currently we’re considering how far we want to go with battling that he even has to stay in his own bed all night, and are instead looking at perhaps just upgrading to a Kings sized bed. So I think we’re losing the battle.