February 2012 Moms

baby showers for friends out of state

Hi ladies, my very dear friend moved away about 1.5 ago so her husband could attend dental school. She is excepting baby number 1 and does not have any family close. I would love to try and throw her sometime of shower, but she isn't returning to our state before the baby. Did anyone have a similar situation? If so, did your friends or family do something for you? A card shower? Or anything cute? I don't live near family but I was able to fly home for a baby shower but she is in a different situation and won't be returning until the baby or 4 or 5 months old. I would love to do something for her before the baby. TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: baby showers for friends out of state

• Have you talked to her mom to see if she was thinking of something? You could always surprise her and get like 4-8 of her closest friends and family and go visit her for a Saturday or rent a hotel and do a Saturday/Sunday. (I'm assuming you ladies could do that since it's only 1.5 hours away) If it's actually further than that -- call/email/send a letter to a majority of her family and friends and say you were thinking of doing a card shower and you could send one giant package to her of gift cards and small goodies OR everyone can order online and get it shipped to her. I hope all that made sense....it's been a long week LOL
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I live across the country from my family, so they threw a mail/card shower for me when I had DD. My cousin was the "host" and sent out invites explaining what they were doing and then there were prizes for things like most unique gift, first gift I received, etc. It was so nice to get gifts and sweet cards from my loved ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"