July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 2/23

Re: Weekend Randoms 2/23

• Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing that's amazing! I can't believe that's an option and so totally cool that it's available for you. I'd be stoked too!
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing thank you! I don’t have a scale at home because i know i would obses way more on my weight. My thyroid was still pretty off during first tri so I’m thinking that didn’t help me. According to this site I’m about 2 lbs heavier than recommended, not too bad i guess. Hopefully i can keep this 1lb/wk trend now that my thyroid is good. The doctor didn’t actually bring it up as a concern, i asked. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TheQuietThings I'm glad you're back. I've kind of been feeling the same. I want to be on here and connecting with people but I'm struggling to find a balance lately. I hope you feel better soon. 
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing that sounds wonderful! I'm so excited to raise the kiddo to be bilingual, it's such a gift to have I think. We adore Japan and Japanese food and culture, btw:)

I'm torn on early reading and writing for preschool aged kids because I've been reading about some new studies that mention there may not be as many long term benefits to it, kind of a "let em play" mentality but I'm sure when he's here I'll want him to be a genius, lol. I know DH was ahead in school and he mentioned feeling a bit isolated at times, so he opted out of early college for example; but everyone is different and even these studies may not be as extensive yet to be very definitive in their findings.
  • Options
    Ditto on those apps @flockofmoosen3 they are our favorite!
  • Options

@wildtot glad your thyroid is good! I'm up more than the chart says I should be too, but it looks a little better on this chart than in the stupid app my doc's office has. Pretty sure the app from my doc's office exists to make pregnant ladies feel like a hippo. I don't use it anymore. Lol. 

@kissableviv Both DH and I were early readers and while we hope the kiddo is too, we know all kids learn at a different pace. So while we don't have a plan to force a genius baby, we like the idea of at least being familiar with the concept earlier. More excited about baby being exposed to both sides of his/her heritage and culture on a daily basis and not just at home. DH was born and raised here, but grew up in a small town and there were maybe 4 or 5 others with the same heritage and language as he did, including his mom, so he's always felt isolated except for when he'd spend the summers in Japan. I guess it all really comes down to kiddo having more opportunity than DH did.

@flockofmoosen3 I've never heard of these, but going to look into them now!
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 I have heard of endless reader but not endless ABC...I am going to look those up now as well! Thanks!
  • Options
    I just realized that there’s now a breastfeeding emoji!  It’s a little weird how excited that makes me! 
  • Options
    @tarheelgir8 like on TB or where? 

DH is so ridiculous. A dude I had a relationship with like, 9 years ago who I haven't spoken with since DH and I got serious who was ALSO a long time hs friend commented on a status I wrote about gun control and I was like, "Man this must be a difficult topic for him we haven't spoken in years." Silence from DH. I can't even mention this guys name, 9 years later, without DH being super awkward and walking out of the room, lol. And what I find doubly ridiculous is when DH and I first met, he had a lot of female friends from his kickball team and I didn't find out until years later in some cases that he had slept with a lot of them/been in relationships. And we are still friends with them, and its not a problem for me. Its just such a double standard that I had to consciously stop talking to this guy, but I hung out with all sorts of people he had relationships with for years without even knowing it and it probably would have been a thing if I was like, no we can't hang out with them anymore since you slept with them.  Weirdo.
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 We LOVE Endless ABCs!! 

Anyone else develop lactose intollerance during pregnancy?? Everyday after a bowl of cereal I get a horrible stomach ache. I completely forgot until it started happening recently that this happened with my first pregnancy also- just not until later on, maybe the beginning/middle of the 3rd tri. It goes away after pregnancy and I never had a problem before my first pregnancy, so it’s just super weird to me.  
  • Options
    @SmashJam I don’t see the bfing emoji on the bump(I could be wrong), but I have it in my emoji keyboard on my iPhone! It came with the last big update in the fall!
  • Options
    @SmashJam guys can be so childish about past relationships. DH is the same when i randomly bring up mine (which is rarely because i know he doesn’t like it). It something we talked about in counseling because a lot of my past long relationships shaped me and some were traumatic enough to affect me in my marriage. It’s the only way he would know it’s not because of him. But regardless he doesn’t talk about out his past relationships because idk and it’s not like i would care if he did. Everyone has a past and i surely wasn’t his first. 

So my belly felt sore all afternoon/night from my anatomy scan. This tech really pushed down hard in some areas. 
  • Options
    @wildtot I was wiped after mine too! I'm like hello that's my belly you're pushing on!

@flockofmoosen3 completely agree that those are definitely going to make learning fun. And they get excited about writing and reading on their own at that point so it's good to encourage them!

@noideawhatshesdoing that's so wonderful. I always feel bad for kids born into "international" families that are not as in tune with their heritage. I want my kid(s) to experience italy and italian culture, maybe they will never be too interested in it but you want to give them the option and choice!

My MIL is taking me shopping today! I'm so stoked to get new BRAS! And for whoever was talking about underwear, my butt is not getting bigger but I did get a pack of larger panties and I must say they are just super comfy!
  • Options
    @TheQuietThings welcome back friend!!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Ahh jealous of your new bras and undies @kissableviv. Nothing better. I'm still wearing my nursing bra every single day even though I only nurse my son before bed and I'm never wearing a bra anymore by then. It's just the only one I own that's comfortable, but it's super stretched out and gives me no shape. I just cant stand how expensive bras are. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Yes, I have developed a kind of milk intolerance, too, and only in this pregnancy. Makes me sad because I love milk. I can't drink straight milk or have it in cereal because it kills my stomach, but I can still enjoy cheeses and a least a little bit of ice cream. I also can't have tomatoes and tomato sauces, which are normally no problem for me.  Oddly, I can still eat all the spicy food I want, and other acidic fruit aren't too bad either. 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @SmashJam, on my iphone!
  • Options
    I am still checking out the baby names thread for ideas, and I srsly have to question some of the suggested names from the regulars on that board. Someone keeps suggesting Nan, offered Sancha, and some other odd name, and this in addition to other names like Katherine and Sophia and whatnot. I dunno...

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 sorry just notice you PMed me!
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 are htey suggesting those for your names or saying those might be theirs? I am partial to odd names my list has some odd ones on it. I just went to the name thread for more girls names ideas (find out Friday hopefully!) and it just reminded me how many people have dropped off! 
  • Options
    @smashjam they are suggesting those names for other people. I like unusual names, too, but some of their oddball suggestions just also sound kind of ugly for a girl, imo

• Options
    Ditto on those apps @flockofmoosen3 they are our favorite!
  • Options
    @comealongponds love the idea you did for your gender reveal!! such a great idea with the outfits!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I’ve lost my only set of keys to my car. I have a feeling my nephew got a hold of them. I want to cry. I’m stuck at my parents’ house and at this point have no idea how I’ll get to work on Monday or how my mom will (since my car is parked behind her truck). 
  • Options
    Oh no @angleyeskkhr do you have a spare set anywhere? Or maybe a valet key? 

Not nearly as bad but we lost one of my son's shoes. He just started walking a few months ago so he only has one pair in his size, and we were trying to go out yesterday and it was nowhere to be found. We came to the conclusion that he probably threw it away because he loves putting things in the garbage and we constantly have to stop him when he tries to throw away things that aren't garbage. So today I'm making my husband go through the trash looking for it lol. 
  • Options
    hayhay93 said:
    @TheQuietThings I'm glad you're back. I've kind of been feeling the same. I want to be on here and connecting with people but I'm struggling to find a balance lately. I hope you feel better soon. 
    Same here! It’s so hard to make time for everything! Ive been trying to put down my phone more but then I’m missing out here. @TheQuietThings I hope you feel better!

imageimage

• Options
    Sorry I’ve been missing lately ladies. This week I started a new photography class which has been monopolizing most of my spare time. I also shot a newborn session and made the mistake of promising I would deliver the gallery in a week so it was hard to juggle everything. Today we are going to take the kids to meet up with our friends at a trampoline park. I’m so not a fan of these places but we haven’t seen them in a long time and missed her daughters birthday party so I feel like we have to go. 

Yesterday we had dinner with a family up the street. Our kids are the same ages and my daughter goes to school with their daughter. It was a nice time but the mom is so quiet and introverted that I struggle to keep conversation going (and I’m a huge introvert!). If I don’t keep randomly making up stuff to talk about there I see long periods of awkward silence. It didn’t help that our husbands and kids kept all leaving the room and leaving me there lol Im hoping it’s just because she’s an introvert and not that she’s just doesn’t want to talk to me in particular but damn that stuff makes me uncomfortable. 

imageimage

• Options
    I’ve lost my only set of keys to my car. I have a feeling my nephew got a hold of them. I want to cry. I’m stuck at my parents’ house and at this point have no idea how I’ll get to work on Monday or how my mom will (since my car is parked behind her truck). 
    Ugh that’s terrible I’m sorry! I’ve done that before, I had to go to the dealership to have a new copy made. You just need the VIN and proof that you actually own it (I’d doublecheck the specific paperwork needed). I hope you can find it/replace it in time! 
  • Options
    @LadyJ2949 as a fellow introvert I can probably say that she was probably just as uncomfortable lol. I wouldn’t take it as an insult! Small talk is hard, man :D 
  • Options
    Ugh I killed a cockroach at work this morning and I’ve only been here 2 hours. My skin is crawling  :s:s
  • Options
    @acunamatada eww! Once i see one i can’t stop thinking about them. They are so gross!
  • Options
    I'm at the in laws and about to have some glorious breakfast tacos. Also, they have a tempurpedic matress and it's so amazing to adjust the settings. Perfect for pregnancy, if only it wasn't $$$!

Also, I've been paranoid about the baby moving less and he's been a total dancer in there last night and this morning, need to stop the paranoia...

Glad you're back @LadyJ2949 and I hope you are enjoying your class!

@angleyeskkhr I hope you solve the key situation, sounds stressful! @zande2016 let us know how the trash dive goes lol

@acunamatada brave woman. I am terrified of all bugs...
  • Options
    @acunamatada Ugh that’s the worst! I saw a silver fish at work last week and literally turned around and walked the other way. I would usually just kill it, but it was in the crease where the floor meets the wall, and those suckers are fast if you don’t get them. 
  • Options
    Thanks @lindsayleigh1989!! It was fun to pick them out and so surprising to see that little romper!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cseley321cseley321 member
    edited February 2018
    Totally random, but I can't function when strange kids start talking to me about stuff. I took my daughter to one of those indoor playgrounds and was watching her play. She goes a mile a minute with no regard to her safety, uses all the big kid slides, etc, so I am always intensely watching her (she is 2.5). So this little boy, probably 6 years old, comes and starts randomly talking about his new monster socks and crap. I am trying to be nice and smile and nod, then he is like, hey, watch this! And starts doing somersaults, climbing on stuff, and trying to talk to me. Seriously, kid? I'm trying to make sure my kid doesn't get a concussion over here...

There is no real point other than saying I have no idea how teachers and daycare providers do what they do. Massive kudos to all the education and care provider people out there.
  • Options
    @cseley321 I’m the same. I’ve always felt socially awkward around random kids or those of relatives and friends. I have a hard time interacting with my 4 yr old nephew and i feel like I’m being rude. It’s totally different with my own. 
  • Options
    angleyeskkhrangleyeskkhr member
    edited February 2018
    @zande2016 @acunamatada

i woke up at 5 am and found them!  Apparently my dad had moved them. And put them somewhere I looked 5 times and never saw them!! I swear this pregnancy is making me crazy!! But at least I no longer have to dig through trash bags to make sure my 2 year old nephew didn’t throw them away!!

@LadyJ2949 I know what you mean about keeping conversations going. I’m sooo bad at thinking of new topics!

@kissableviv what kind of breakfast tacos?  I looooove breakfast tacos but I’m also supposed to stay on a low carb diet. :( I will say that I love the bean and bacon with cheese (hey it’ll will have lots of protein, right?). We have a place near us that does AMAZING tacos. And they are usually less tha $2.50 each. I’d eat there every day if I could without getting as big as a house. And we bought (or actually *I* did and got in trouble) a split king bed that can raise the head and feet. I got it after the hurricane and just before I got pregnant. I’m paying monthly to pay it off without interest so for finances are tight. But I LOVE the bed. Especially now that I’m pregnant (our other mattress we had had for almost 10 years and we got it as a hand me down that was probably at least 10-15 years old). 
  • Options
    zande2016zande2016 member
    edited February 2018
    So glad you found them @angleyeskkhr!! What a relief.

Still waiting for my husband to make his dumpster dive looking for the missing shoe lol. I already threatened him if he doesn't find it we're off to the mall for new shoes. Sorry but I'm not sending the kid to daycare tomorrow with shoes that don't fit. 

@kissableviv mmmm breakfast tacos sound amazing. Last time I had tacos for dinner it wasn't good for my blood sugar so I guess I'll have to stick to taco salads. Or maybe just try not to eat 4 in one sitting...

ETA update: shoe wasn't in the trash, so he decided to check the car. But he couldn't remember what he did with the car keys, and spent 20 mins looking for them.  :confounded: The shoe wasn't in there either so we're going to the mall. I swear he would lose his head if it wasn't attached.