April 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms starting 2/12

Let's hear It!  What's going on this week??

I was denied picking up my breast pump today because my OB didn't include my birthday on the prescription slip.  My drivers license wasn't good enough as apparently only my doctor can confirm my birthday...yes...really...perhaps this was a better WTF, but I walked out upset.  !@#$%

Re: Randoms starting 2/12

• Options
    It's that time of year that I start wondering why I am a school teacher. Pay is awful, I don't get paid maternity. The kids start acting up. I have kids are in seventh grade and can't divide 100 by 2. And to add to it, I just lost my long term sub because a teacher quit last week and they offered my sub that position. 
  • Options
    @knuttyplus2 sorry to hear that it seems ridiculous I would have been so frustrated. 

@luna8433 you are a super hero. anyone who is a teacher in my eyes are amazing. I could never do it. this time of year in my job is when we are slow and I always wonder why I am here. February and March are just hard. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I guess I have a few since it's been awhile since I've posted

1) I'm so stressed out right now dealing with my 'insurance' company because they are denying all of my charges related to my cancer care because they are claiming it's pre-existing. I don't have normal insurance, it's a medical sharing program. I stated at my first doctor appointment regarding my tumor that I noticed I had a lump a few years ago but I never saw a doctor about it because it was just a bump and no symptoms so I wasn't concerned about it. So now we are fighting with them trying to get them to cover these charges. I believe I'm in the $75,000 range of bills now. It worries and stresses me out.

2) I put in my notice at work because my husband and I are opening up our own business!!! Our building should be done around May, just in time for me to be done with Maternity leave!! 

3) I was told at my last dr. appointment that I'm a good candidate for VBAC if I wanted to have baby that way. The only thing is that I would have to use a different doctor than my normal one for delivery because of the rules related to VBAC at my hospital. I was so excited! So then I was looking into this other doctor and found out that he does not accept my insurance. So now, I can't do vaginal, which is fine because I have been planning on c-section all this time, but it was a nice thought to not have to go through another surgery. 

OK enough rambling! :smiley:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @luna8433 I am an end of April due date but dd came 8 days early and I am pretty sure my principal hasn't found me a long term sub.  I know there is still time and the kids will be fine since I teach library so the students have me once a week. 
  • Options
    @rklinge0 I teach math, so there is a little more pressure to find a good sub that knows what they are talking about. It's also when we teach statistics, so not very many people know what a box and whisker plot is let alone teach it. The sub I found just finished her student teaching in the fall so she was the perfect sub. But she is also a perfect replacement for the teacher who left, and she gets paid more.
  • Options
    Anorher teacher here worried about my maternity leave. My principal seems to think there is still lots of time and the classic he will figure it all out and it will work out... The plan is a lady who is currently doing her student teaching she is suppose to be done April 13... My due date is April 9. I'm just going to be as prepared as I can and have things in place on my end and hope the rest works out. My poor kids (first graders)! I'll be taking the rest of the school year off for my maternity so there is also a part of me that mentally is just checking out. 8 more weeks!
  • Options
    going to be a STM and my husband and I created a registry at babies r us because we knew there were going to be a few things we needed this time around, plus the a few replacement things. After we finished, we realized there were A LOT of items on there. We were originally planning on only using the registry for ourselves to buy what we needed and get the gift card in the end to have some extra spending money, but now that there are a lot of things we need, we would like to share our registry with close friends and family. We aren't having a sprinkle that I know of, so any advice on how to let people know we have a registry without sounding greedy?
  • Options
    As STM we also made a registry at BRU solely for the gift card and completion coupon. I'd feel awkward sharing it with anyone though. We are just buying a little at a time.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @mrs_massie It may be helpful to pick some stuff up second hand. I would check to see if you have a local mom resale FB group in your area or any local consignment shops that sell baby stuff. I got our pack and play second hand to save some money. 
  • Options
    midnight-musemidnight-muse member
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    Sorry, but agree with the majority on the sharing the STM registry. One of my Facebook friends simply posted hers to her Facebook wall, and not gonna lie I side eyed...hardcore. Definitely agree on the second hand, and so many things can be reused, even if its pink and your having a boy etc.
  • Options
    Yea. We have a huge pop up consignment sale a few times a year that we find great stuff at all the time. I guess the registry this time around is mainly breastfeeding supplies because I wasn't able to nurse last pregnancy, but really want to this pregnancy. Its hard to find that stuff second hand  :D
  • Options
    @mrs_massie asking for personal items like that is even worse then asking people to buy your baby items.  
  • Options
    @mrs_massie check with your insurance for BF related stuff like a pump. I don’t know what other kind of supply you need! But definitely not sharing and especially for personal care stuff 
  • Options
    Been at L&D for 4 hours today.  Checking on Baby b's heart, which yesterday was seen slowing down then speeding up.  On NST ok yesterday.  On NST today and other than a lot of wasted time trying to track my two boys as they wiggle around,  all seems ok.  Just really uncomfortable and want to sit up, but can't.   Enjoying the pineapple juice,  but rather be home.   Nonetheless, just want everyone ok.   Sigh...
  • Options
    5 hours later and I'm back home!  See the dr. On Tuesday to check on everyone again.
  • Options
    @knuttyplus2 glad you're home and happy everyone still looks ok. good vibes sending you're way