July 2018 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight 2/5: Maternity Clothes!

2»

Re: Product Spotlight 2/5: Maternity Clothes!

• Options
    samjjorgensensamjjorgensen member
    edited February 2018
    Can I just rant about Old Navy?? All of their maternity stuff is sold out. And it’s all either expressly excluded from sales, and whatever isn’t is listed as a “Best Seller” which excludes it from any discount codes. WHY OLD NAVY?!

Also salty because I ordered a pair of jeans from them and just got a notification that they’re out of stock and my order is being cancelled.  :|
  • Options
    @samjjorgensen yes they need to get their sh** together! It's annoying because they don't sell in store and then everything online it's sold out, and now it's been a few weeks! You would think they would want to stock up for President's day sale...booooo!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kissableviv I officially gave up and just ordered some jeans from motherhood instead. I don’t know why dark, non-distressed skinny maternity jeans (that don’t cost $100) are so hard to find.
  • Options
    @samjjorgensen if you find something you like in motherhood i recommend searching Thredup for cheaper. I’ve had some luck with maternity clothes on there and they are in good condition.
  • Options
    @wildtot I was searching their boards this weekend. They had a ton of cute tops but no pants in my size, unfortunately :( I’ll definitely have to keep checking for new stuff to be added though!
  • Options
    I'm very petite and not showing much (and probably won't) so I'm looking for tighter fitting maternity clothes (especially dresses). Most of the maternity clothes I see are flowy. Any ideas? 
  • Options
    @elenaa88 would you feel comfortable with tighter fitting clothes once your bigger? The flowiness (spelling?) would help prevent you from buying more clothes later on. But you can always go a size smaller if it’s comfortable. I usually look at motherhood, thredup, target, and Walmart. 
  • Options
    I just bought a ton of stuff from Hatch-they have a boutique in the village but also are online. A lot of their stuff transitions so you can wear it post pregnancy too which makes me feel like I'm not just wasting money on stuff to wear for a few months. Some of what they have is tighter fitting too. 
  • Options
    @wildtot Yes, I'm wanting to show off the belly since there won't really be much of it or for long. I'm having a hard time finding body conforming dresses and tops. 
  • Options
    Bringing this back to ask a question...I have a family Bat Mitzvah coming up in a month. I'll be around 24-25 weeks. I wouldn't say it's black tie attire or anything, but these things in my family do tend to be dressy. I would say at least cocktail attire with men in suits. My question is...has anyone had luck finding that type of dress in maternity? I've browsed a little online and I am stuck. Also, not maternity clothes related but on a similar note, where do I find a suit for a toddler? He's still in 18 month clothes but will be in 24 month soon. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 good luck on a suit for a toddler-but if you don't find one I bet some nice dress pants and a dress shirt with a ridiculous clip on bow tie would be adorbs and easier to find. As far as nice dresses go....I know my SIL went to Pink Blush for a "nice" dress for her baby shower-but it was a baby shower during the day and it was casual dressy. Cute though! I am not really sure about LBD dressy. I haven't browsed Banana Republic lately but all my go to wedding attire has come from them(although its all from many years ago so I dunno how nice it is anymore) and it all works for pregnancy because of the waist line or just being a shift in general. Not sure if that is your style though.
  • Options
    acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited February 2018
    @zande2016 I see suit sets from time to time at dept stores, tjmaxx, even BRU once. But I totally second @SmashJam a button up and an adorable clip on would be cute too! Cocktail maternity sounds tricky, have you tried rent the runway? They do have a maternity section, though I’m not sure about style/price options. That’s my go to for dresses in a pinch.  
  • Options
    @zande2016 I’ve seen some cute dress up stuff at BRU and occasionally target. With Easter coming up they are bound to have something dressy.
  • Options
    Thanks @wildtot @acunamatada @smashjam I'll check these all out. I know we can get away with no suit for the kiddo, but I do think it would be super adorable to have him in a suit. Hopefully people will understand if I'm not dressy enough, but still hoping I can find something that works. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 take a look at Zulily, I'm currently browsing their Hello Miz Maternity sale and I'm seeing some cute stuff. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just for fun, I'm looking for an Easter dress for myself. What do you guys think? 1, 2, 3 or 4? Or none of them  :s
    I don't need it to be super fancy or conservative. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I love 2 and 4!! I got this for a wedding on pinkblush. Simple, but I love it! @zande2016 you might find some options on pinkblush I think. I know some moms purchased cute stuff from asos but I can't remember if they do maternity or not. 
    Also, is it me or Gap is kinda over priced when not on sale? I never bought stuff from them until I got pregnant but it seems a bit steep. I love expensive clothes but I became a lot more frugal since I decided to put more money into my travel fund, haha
    Here's the dress! I'm obsessed with floral.

• Options
    @runsomewhere I looove 3 and 4, although I would never pick yellow for myself. I reallyyy like the floral on 2 but I don’t love the sleeves, but that’s just me! 
    @kissableviv omg that floral!  :#<3
    I wish there were better emoji options lol 
  • Options
    @runsomewhere 2, 3, and 4. All so cute! Also...where are you looking at those? Because I apparently feel like shopping today.
  • Options
    runsomewhererunsomewhere member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the feedback guys <3 I am in a shopping mood! @acunamatada I am also unsure of the sleeves. 

I love #3 so much but I can't see my pregnant self wearing a strapless bra.

@kissableviv I LOVE that dress, how cute! And you can totally dress it up or down. I do think Gap is a bit overpriced. It's not really my style though and I find their clothes a bit boxy so I don't shop there. 

@SmashJam this in on Zulily, they have a lot of maternity stuff and baby/kid stuff and the offerings change a few times a week. Pretty cheap prices too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited February 2018
    @runsomewhere oh right you said that, the Miz Maternity. Also, @zande2016 maybe it was @runsomewhere that said it already but there are some cute bow tie/suspender outfits on zulily right now for kiddos, if the suit doesn't work out!
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I love # 3! 

I ended up ordering this simple black lace dress from pink blush, if I don't like it I'll still have time to return and find something else. I'm debating if I'll be hot in long sleeves, it can be in the 40s or the 70s in March. 

• Options
    @runsomewhere I love #2!! #3 is my second fav!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Ahhhh @runsomewhere those are all so cute! I LOVE 3, but I agree about a strapless bra.

I've also seen cute maternity dresses on Jane--similar concept to Zulilly, but more boutique-y options, I think.
  • Options
    @runsomewhere #2 is my fav 
  • Options
    runsomewhere  I LOVEEEE # 2 and # 3, so cute!  My Easter attire will probably consist of sweatpants and a t shirt :(
  • Options
    @elenaa88 Not sure if it's your thing, but if you're on the smaller side with your bump, wiggle dresses might fit the bill. Unique Vintage has a lot, I'm partial to their Holly style, but there are other necklines. They aren't maternity, and are meant to be form fitting to begin with so I'd recommend a size (or two) up if you go that route. I have a few from before pregnancy and usually size up 1 from what I usually wear because they are pullover and my boobs get in the way. They do have some stretch, but they will be snug. Heart of Haute also has an awesome version called the SuperSpy, but seriously size down in that. Otherwise I've found a few cute body con mat dresses at Old Navy and Nordstrom on clearance.
  • Options
    I've reached the point where I need a pair of maternity jeans. Where can I find ones for tall people? I'd prefer to try stuff on in a store if at all possible.
  • Options
    @supersara2 I just ordered some in Tall from Motherhood. I don’t know if they sell Tall in store though. The only other places I’ve seen them are Old Navy, ASOS & H&M, but all online only. If you find any in store, please update!!
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I love 3 and 4!! 

@supersara2 I second @samjjorgensen on motherhood maternity for jeans. That store is my only experience so far but I just bought 2 pairs of jeggings from them two days ago and they are so comfy. I'm 5'9 and the large fit great. I may have gotten long but can't remember.  They did carry long in the store. This week denim was buy one get one half off. They were between $38-$44 full price. Also there's a 30% off $100 coupon this week.  
  • Options
    Darn. Randomly decided to go on Old Navy's website. They have a bunch of new things and a 30% off discount that expires tomorrow...I may or may not have spent $100...oops!!!! I'm dumb because what I really need is bras...
  • Options
    @kissableviv I have been putting off getting new bras, but realized this weekend that I need to prioritize it. Guess I will try Macy's...should I be trying to get nursing bras so I cannot wear them afterward? Or will I need a different size then maybe? So clueless about this. 
  • Options
    zande2016zande2016 member
    edited February 2018
    @adventuresawait1 if you plan to nurse, you will likely go up at least a cup size (probably more) post baby. Since we still have 4 months to go, I would buy a regular bra that fits you now, maybe with just a little room to grow over the next 4 months, and then expect to buy some nursing bras post baby once your milk comes in. For reference, I was sized about 8 months ago when I was still nursing and pumping full time, and was a 38H. I've been weaning my son for a long time and am down to only nursing before bed, and my nursing bras were getting really big on me, so I went yesterday to Nordstroms and they sized me at 38DD. I know I'll be back in the H nursing bras come July, but for now it feels good to be in a bra that fits. I highly recommend Nordstroms for being fitted by the way, they're always really great. 

ETA unlined bras might be more comfy as your belly grows...that's what I'm wearing these days 
  • Options
    Even though I typically love their stuff, I'm adding to the Old Navy rant.  There are EIGHT different colors/patterns in the side panel pants that I want/need for my work trip next week.  Not a single one of them currently in my size.  AAAAAAAAHHH!!   
  • Options
    @zande2016 - they have a "Classic, Dapper & Darling" section on Zulily right now with toddler stuff that you might like, including blazers!

https://www.zulily.com/e/classic-dapper-and-darling-285132.html
  • Options
    Thank you @michelleag05 that stuff is adorable! And great prices too!
  • Options
    Oh man, just spent $250+ (with discounts, sales and coupons) at motherhood online and its not even summer yet.  I hope everything fits/stays fitting.  Anyone have any tips on their sizing.  I guess I could go into the store if I needed to just afraid things will be too small.
  • Options
    @zande2016 SUPER helpful - thank you.  I'll just plan on a short term solution and see how it goes. I already am large chested relative to my overall size, so the idea of growing ANOTHER cup size seems a bit terrifying...!

• Options
    Hey ladies! Just an update GAP is having a sale right now for 50% off all clearance and 40% off all regularly priced clothes. There's not a TON on clearance, but I got a few cute tops and a dress for like $40 total! Plus, it applies to their baby clothes too... so I may or may not have gotten some of that, too. :D
  • Options
    Thank you to those who suggested Motherhood Maternity for tall pants! I just got 2 pairs and 6 shirts (they were having a sale). Also, I don't know why I took so long getting pants. One pair of my prepregnancy pants no longer fits me, so I bought the Bella band, which was fine, but then I decided to give maternity pants a shot. They are SO comfortable.