Trying to Get Pregnant

How to GIF: now with MORE cat GIFs!

Welcome! If you're new, you may be asking yourself questions like...

• What is a GIF party?
  • How do I get one of those gloriously funny moving pictures in my post?
  • What the heck is a GIF?
Well, look no further...

A GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) image is a sized down clip of a video. In short, a GIF "is a graphic image on a Web page that moves - for example, a twirling icon or a banner with a hand that waves or letters that magically get larger." Click this link for the nerdy info

This is a GIF of a waving bear, a personal favorite of mine.

Here's how to join in the fun:

From your phone:
  1. Go to Google, search for what you want. For example "funny cat GIF."
  2. Click "view image"
  3. Copy the web address at the top (make sure it ends in ".gif")
  4. Back on TB app, click the little black box in the editing window, it looks like a peice of paper with the corner folded.
  5. Past the URL for the image into the pop up window and press enter. It should show up!
  6. You can also click and hold the image on some phones and choose "copy URL," which does the same thing as copy and pasting the link.
  7. You can also save the GIF directly to your phone, then upload, but this has some sort of required wizardry that doesn't always work. 
  8. Take a nap, you've earned it. 

From a computer:

1. Follow steps 1-3 above
  2. If you are stuck on steps 2-3 (on Giphy, for example) right click on the GIF and select "Open image in new tab" and copy the URL of that page. (Ctrl Click on a mac)
  3. Back on TB app, click the little black box in the editing window, it looks like a piece of paper with the corner folded.
  4. Past the URL for the image into the pop up window and press enter. It should show up!
  5. Again, take a nap. 

Remember...with GIF power comes great responsibility. Always GIF responsibly. 

BONUS! How to add a spoiler box:
1. Type whatever content you want or add a photo.
2. Select only the content you want in the spoiler
3. Click the paragraph symbol button. It looks like this: 

4. Click the "Spoiler" button. It'll show up now as a gray box with "..." but only after you post

Example:

Whew! All that explaining has me thirsty!

Re: How to GIF: now with MORE cat GIFs!