June 2018 Moms
Options

Rant on! (week of 2/12)

2»

Re: Rant on! (week of 2/12)

• Options
    @catlady1215 I'm sorry you're losing her, but I'm glad you at least get to keep her through your pregnancy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh! I made reservations at this restaurant DH and I have been to once before and loved. We never do anything for Valentine's Day, but I was like meh, whatever, let's do something for the last one before the baby is here. DH almost wasn't able to go, but he ended up being able to leave work. He walked like 15 blocks. I had to take two trains because of "signal delays" (huge eye roll), which was a cluster. 

.............and then we get there and they're only doing a pre fixe menu with no vegetarian options! So we had to just get in a cab and come home. Now we're waiting for delivery. Siiiiiiigh. 
  • Options
    Sorry for all the tough toddler nights.

My dd was a friggen nightmare all last week. She slept bad, had an attitude, bawled a lot about who knows what, and was SO difficult with food and eating.  Thats pretty much why i was not around here at all last week.  She had a good weekend and has been better this week so far.

@doxiemoxie212 sorry about your dinner plans. I can't believe they wouldn't have a veg option!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I’m sorry you didn’t get to enjoy the meal you were expecting, that sucks!  :|

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    One of my biggest pet peeves- when someone pulls up to the secure access gate at the parking lot and doesn’t have their badge ready. Then there’s like 6 cars backed up onto the street waiting for them to find their badge. We’re all just trying to find a parking spot and get into work on time people!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Thats so frustrating!  You would think they would've told you it was a fixed menu when you called and made the reservation.
    @catlady1215 I'm sorry lady.  That sucks.  FX everything works out and she can be there!

AFM:
    DDs sickness since November, besides the NORMAL cough and cold, and teething:
    1. Strep Throat
    2. Stomach Bug
    3. Adnode Virus
    4. Hands Foot Mouth
    and now...
    5. PINK EYE in both eyes.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey Bless her poor little heart. Yours, too. Hopefully the pink eye will be the last of it for a while and she'll keep it to herself. Mine had it right before Thanksgiving and I went through two cans of Lysol. FX that she is well soon!
  • Options
    @kfren thank you for the kind words! I am so frustrated.  I know daycare is a big factor, and she also does swim lessons at a public YMCA.  But i feel horrible as a mom, that I can't keep her healthy.  
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey It is absolutely no reflection on you. Ish happens. Look at it this way, daycare is building her immune system. Once she starts school, hopefully she'll get sick less as a result of going through this crap now. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Just got a call from my insurance company; the guy that hit me Tuesday did not have insurance. Fantastic! Two days later and his car is still sitting in front of my work. I think the damage to my car is only cosmetic, but it's the principle*. 

*edited to change the spelling of principal because pregnancy brain.
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey the year my daughter went to daycare she got all of that plus some. And then I got all of it (hfm sucks when you're an adult!) Now she's in preschool and gets sick far less often than other kids who didn't go to daycare, so that's an upside, I guess. How miserable for you and her though- I hope she starts feeling better soon!
  • Options
    @kfren car insurance makes me livid. DH and I were hit by a woman about a year ago (she sped through a yellow light that turned red, and our light turned green, etc.) who was driving a Mercedes and seemed visibly sedated. It was hard to tell how old she was because of all the plastic surgery, but probably in her 70s? Anyway, she told her insurance that it was our fault. We told our insurance it was her fault and we had a witness on the record, but they took her word for it instead of ours. Maddening! Will your insurance still cover all the cosmetic costs? 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 That is infuriating! An elderly lady turned left into DH (who was going straight) a few years back and when he went to see if she was okay, she said "Did you see that guy hit me? He was going so fast!" I think that people should periodically have to be retested in order to maintain their licenses. 
    We filed a police report and he admitted to the officer that it was his fault. We have liability only, so our insurance isn't paying for anything. 
  • Options
    @kfren yes, completely agree that people need to be retested. My paternal grandfather clearly had dementia but refused to get tested, and he died in a car accident like 20 years ago after the DMV took his license away and then he talked them into giving it back to him. Now my 71-year-old dad, who has Parkinson's, not only drives and gets in crashes all the time, drives for Uber X in his spare effing time. Infuriating. Worrisome. Absurd. (Also a reason I do not take Uber Xs...)
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 that's crazy. Its rare to see an intersection without cameras here, so any kind of traffic light incident is easily resolvable.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Gah! That is unfreakingbelieveable!!! They gave it back?!?!?! And what exactly are the qualifications for driving an Uber? Doesn't sound like they're too stringent. 
    My great-grandmother drove until she was in her early 90s, but she had never been in an accident, and drove her behemoth '77 Cadillac Coupe de Ville only around her neighborhood. 
  • Options
    @May14th2011 Thank <3 And thats good to know!  Silver lining I hope.  Yeah, i get all the crud too.  HFM sucked!  They originally thought i had the flu until the lovely blisters showed up.  
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kfren I have a 94-year-old aunt who is in perfect health and still drives all over, and I have no problem with it. Uber is super sketchy - there really isn't any requirement, and it's pretty easy to login to the system and switch photos, so someone else could go through the minimal "vetting" process, and then just swap in my photo, and I could drive instead. I actually think the DMV took my dad's license away a while ago because his neurologist reported him, but he convinced them to give it back to him too. It's crazy. My dad does not take his Parkinson's medication regularly (even though he's had it for 20 years so it's fairly advanced), smokes a ton of weed and then speeds around town. He's really lucky he hasn't killed anyone (including himself) yet. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 @kfren MN is a no fault state when it comes to insurance and accidents which is both good and bad. Both parties insurances have to cover the costs in an accident so there is no arguing about what was who's fault but when something was clearly someone else's fault you will still end up paying some of the cost. 

Also there was a news story here recently about a 99 year old man who had killed a young woman because he had gotten on the highway the wrong way. He had just passed a follow up test with the DMV. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    My rant today is my body! I finally got the 2nd trimester sex boost and had fun one time and now I'm cramping and miserable. Lame!
  • Options

@krashke I'd never heard of no fault insurance rules! Are there any protections against them raising your premiums if they have to pay out because of an accident caused by someone else? That's the piece I worry about, otherwise it makes a lot of sense to me at first blush.

@kfren @doxiemoxie212 Right there with you. My grandfather has trouble lifting his legs at times (an issue, perhaps, when you need to do something like move from the gas pedal to your brakes?) and reversed into a friend's house a couple years ago. Thankfully no one was in the kids' bedroom his car ended up in. All of his doctors, financial advisors, etc. are still in a city 7 hours away, so he goes on long road trips solo all the time. It's a difficult situation because he's still mentally so sharp, but his body and reaction times have slowed down to a point where driving is just not safe. All to say... sorry you're dealing with this mess @kfren, and I hope it's sorted out soon.

• Options
    @emiliadkay TX is a no fault state too (or was when I lived there). I think it's dumb, because your insurance goes up no matter who was at fault. 
    I was in a pretty major car accident several years ago, where a car hit me and caused me to hit two other cars. The first car fled the scene. Even with 4 witnesses attesting to the events, the police still said it was my fault. And then, to make things worse, the officer wrote the wrong court date on my paperwork so for a day I had a bench warrant out for me. Luckily, I had paper proof of that, and I got it cleared up quick, but ugh! 
    7 years later it still rankles lol
  • Options
    @emiliadkay Thanks. So glad nobody was hurt in your grandfather's accident. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have your body and your mind out of sync. Especially in terms of pride and dignity. 
    @May14th2011 Sorry you had to deal with someone else's mess. Stuff like that helps reinforce my desire for karma. 
  • Options
    Argh. Remember how I said I didn't want a sprinkle? SIL texts DH about them planning to do a sprinkle and what did we need. DH texts her back with our small list, emphasizing we don't need any clothes because we have three large rubbermaid containers full from DS (Seriously, I had so many clothes I put him in a new outfit every single day just to use them all. And read that literally. Every day whether I went anywhere or not he was fully dressed in a new outfit). She texts back that she can't control peoples' desire to buy cute baby clothes. Ok, whatever, thanks them for wanting to do anything at all. "Well don't expect much of anything," she replied. "Think of it as just a party." 

So the conversation went: 
    "What do you need?" 
    "We need just x and y, none of z." 
    "Oh, well people will probably want to buy you z." 
    "Well, okay, thanks for wanting to do this." 
    "Well, you probably won't get much of anything." 

Why are people so weird? I didn't want a sprinkle in the first place and wasn't expecting anything from anyone. Somehow she's still made us feel awkward and grabby. Le sigh. Maybe they'll just decide not to do it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista Cute baby clothes can be returned. Not that people will actually leave gift receipts.
  • Options
    Austenista  Austenista member
    edited February 2018
    @kren I am aware and have done that to buy diapers in the past. These folks are just going to go to Goodwill though. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    izza2izza2 member
    edited February 2018
    Can I just say that I'm done with some of the things being shared related to gun control on Facebook?
    I can see each side and I actually love reading some of the arguments and points, because I love learning new things and if there's something that will make me think a different way - why not? I may not change my point of view, but I can at least learn where others are coming from.

But with that being said, there's a quote going around from Stephen King saying that there are only two reasons/types of people who would ever own a semi-automatic weapon. Rednecks who go to the shooting range and get over-excited over the smell/sound of gunfire, and people who want to kill other people.

.. I'm sorry, but no. The rifles you're going to buy in the store to go hunting with? That's a semi-automatic. Owning that rifle for hunting does not make someone a crazy stereotypical "redneck", nor does it mean they want to kill other people.
    That's just so highly inaccurate and ignorant. That's the type of thing that you don't just click "share" on.

ETA:
    Or when people share that an AR-15 shoots like 40 rounds a minute. It doesn't. It's a semi-automatic rifle. It can only go as fast as your finger can go, and the casings can be ejected from the barrel.
    And AR =/= Assault Rifle. AR = ArmaLite Rifle.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023