October 2018 Moms

Exercise

2»

Re: Exercise

• I am a trapeze artist and fully intend on continuing until my body tells me to stop! Its my first so I dont know when that will be, however I have met many mums who have trained for the majority of pregnancy, just modified as needed. 
    When it comes to exercise I think its most important to listen to your body, there is no reason to stop just because you a pregnant!

• @trapezey I do aerials (mostly hoop) as a pretty serious hobby. When I asked my doc, she said training was fine but to avoid things like front balance (not her words, but it was a long conversation, lol). I’d love to hear how it goes for you and what advice you get! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @halfanewt thats exciting to have another aerial mum on here! 
    I haven't really spoken to my GP about my training, but being an Exercise Physiologist I am usually the person they refer patients to for those kinds of concerns! 
    Im a little concerned about the relaxin from 2nd tri and my shoulders as I base for duo trapeze, but if they are feeling too unsteady I will just have to spend a few months flying Solo til bubs is here  :)
  • I’m doing 80 day obsession and just following the modifier and not bumping my weights up as much as they do. You can hold onto a chair for the balancing exercises. When I get farther along I will do the B.B. prenatal exercises and add in my own cardio days.  
  • @kimscheider I was doing 80 Day Obsession before finding out I was pregnant, but my coach, the website, and my
    doctor told me to stop until after the baby. Be careful! Im
    currently doing the BB prenatals, but will continue to figure out what works for me. Im already missing 80DO
  • @trapezey that’s awesome that you already have all the knowledge! I’d only thought about the relaxin in terms of splits - good call on the shoulders. Hope you can continue to doubles - that’s some tough stuff :) 
  • @estellegetty I miss it too! It's funny because thats how my friend and coach figured out I was pregnant, because I stopped posting about my workouts.

I was in Autumn's coach test group to, so it kinda sucks to not truly be part of it anymore. I can still stay and review things, but I haven't been. (She says quite a few times in this group and her videos to not do it while pregnant. Especially because in the second tri you're not supposed to be on your back or lifting things to high above your head).
  • @sammierose464 my coach was one of the first people who knew we were expecting haha!
  • it is crazy how fast pregnancy can affect you. I work out anywhere from 4-7 days a week. I recently started running again and was running about a 12 min mile pretty consistently (I am super short and never was a fast runner). yesterday I tried to run and 2 miles took me almost 30 minutes! I really wasn't able to keep up a normal pace and had to keep stopping to walk. afterwards I had a huge headache from the heat (it was 85 degrees)  
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @kosmo86 I’m for sure going to slow down especially since it’s getting warm. Are you in FL? I’m in Tampa ;) 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @estellegetty I tried the prenatal one today and it was decent but I like having something for each day of the week. I’ve done 21 DF, 21 DFX, T25, and insanity. Are there any actual programs that you think would be good for pregnancy? 
  • @Laumb11 yep! I am in Orlando! I can't believe how hot it is already!

Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @estellegetty I tried the prenatal one today and it was decent but I like having something for each day of the week. I’ve done 21 DF, 21 DFX, T25, and insanity. Are there any actual programs that you think would be good for pregnancy? 
    I'm the same way, I hate the idea of doing the same one daily. I was thinking of doing 21DF. I've also heard Country Heat is good during pregnancy.
  • @kimscheider I totally feel you! I was going to do the 21DF again to have different workouts each day. Like @sammierose464 said I’ve also heard Country Heat is supposed to be a good one for pregnancy. I’m so glad I have fellow BBers on this BMB! 
  • Hey I was doing 80 day obsession, tooo
  • I was doing a Whole30 when I conceived so was just doing yoga last month. I had planned to start 21 day fix and lead up to 80 day obsession. Got my BFP two days before I planned on starting.

Well I went ahead with starting 21 day fix last week and will probably progress through chisel and see how I feel after that. Might do a round of 21 day fix extreme if I am feeling good and not too off balance.

At some point I will join the gym down the road and replace my cardio workouts with swimming.
  • sammierose464sammierose464 member
    edited February 2018
    @bethica83 I'm planning on doing 21df when I can function normally again
  • Yaaaaas! My RE cleared me to exercise again! Back on my peloton tomorrow AM
  • I have no clue what the rule is now but 3 years ago I ran a few races and was just told to monitor my heart rate and make sure it didn’t go over a certain rate. 

This is time I have a few fun runs scheduled but I’m bigger and slower now and don’t think I will have to worry about going too fast. Hahaha!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I used to mountain bike before my DD and haven't been able to go again since. We dont have family near by to watch her while we both go, so I usually just tell H that he can go while I stay back with her. If love a Peloton but just can't bring myself to spend the cash on it. I asked my H to get me a cheap cycle trainer for my birthday, that way I can just hook my mountain bike up to it.

I do run 5ks and planned on trying to go up to 10ks, but it looks like that's probably not happening any time soon! Props to you ladies doing half marathon or more!