2nd Trimester

Missing bladder

Hi all.
I am 16 weeks with monochorionic twins. I had an ultrasound this week which showed great growth and fluid levels but they were unable to visualise the bladder on baby A.
Has anyone had experience with this? The docs are telling me it's fine but I am a bit of a stresshead! 

Re: Missing bladder

• Hi all.
    I am 16 weeks with monochorionic twins. I had an ultrasound this week which showed great growth and fluid levels but they were unable to visualise the bladder on baby A.
    Has anyone had experience with this? The docs are telling me it's fine but I am a bit of a stresshead! 
    If the doctor said it was fine, you’re probably ok. I’ve not had twins, but 16 weeks is pretty early for an anatomy scan. It might be that they were too small or the babies were uncooperative. Did they ask you to come back in a couple weeks?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • knottie5b5083fb537cbef4 I am pregnant with twins as well. I'm guessing at 16 weeks, you actually had your "early anatomy scan"? At my early anatomy scan, there was a bunch of stuff the US tech couldn't see because the organs were just too little still. At my 20 week anatomy scan, they still weren't able to see everything/get pics of all the organs and bones because the babies weren't cooperating, so I had to go back in at 21 weeks for another anatomy scan. Finally, they couldn't get either baby to cooperate for pictures of the hearts, so I had a fetal echo done this week to get pictures of that.

I'd say don't stress about it at this point. If anything is ever a problem the doctor will come in to talk to you. (At least in my experience). Just hold out  until your 20 week scan with the tech will be able to see more. GL and congrats on your twinsies! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for replying guys. I have monochorionic or one placenta twins so have fortnightly scans from 16 weeks to chrck fluid level and presence of bladder to check one is not stealing all the nutrition, lack of bladder is a sign of this but only in conjunction with altered fluid levels. They said it will be fine to look for in my next scan at two weeks. No one seems concerned. Just me lol. Thank you, congrats on your twins!