April 2018 Moms

Questions 1/28

What are our questions this week?

Re: Questions 1/28

• What kind if birth control are you planning on getting? Have you been on it before? If so what were the pro's and con's? 
  • Tubes tied and husband snipped! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha was going to say vasectomy.  With dd I was on the mini pill until she was a year old but I wasn't having any periods so I went off of it.  This time I plan on doing the mini-pill while bf because it can take some time for his vasectomy to become effective (the plan was to do it shortly after birth). 
  • We're probably going with the big ole V for DH after this kiddo.

After DS we used the super effective combination of breastfeeding, condoms (occasionally), and pull-out method. It worked well enough for us and made it easier for us to get pregnant when were ready to try again... but dude, the risks... lol

After DD1 I was on the mini pill. It was effective but holy hell it killed my sex drive. I was somewhat convinced that I had to resign myself to no longer having a sex drive for the rest of my life after being on that damn pill for about 10 months. We decided to start NTNP and after ONE MONTH off and my sex drive returned to normal (and we quickly got pregnant again so the low hormones probably helped with that).

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I used the the patch when before we started trying and I love it i didn't have to remember a pill and it was just once a week
  • Well, since the pill didn't work out for me, I think I'll try the copper IUD. I had to try 3 different pills before I found one that didn't totally trigger my anxiety , so a non hormonal, more permanent method may be good. I loved the pill and was very good at taking it, buuut I'm still pregnant  :D
  • What’s the mini pill? I was on a low dose BC pill before. I haven’t even looked into potential restrictions while breastfeeding- are there any? 
  • nessa1632 said:
    What’s the mini pill? I was on a low dose BC pill before. I haven’t even looked into potential restrictions while breastfeeding- are there any? 
    Mini pill is progesterone only, and is completely safe while BFing.  It is less effective than the normal combo that goes into The Pill, so your doc will probably only offer it if you intend to BF.   I did it for about a year with my last kiddo.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • After my DD I was on the pill, this time around MH is going to get snipped.  

@sunshine27shy I did the patch a long time ago.  I really liked it but I a did 2 months where I didn't take the one week off cause I wanted to push my period back to avoid having it during my wedding and honeymoon and it really messed up my emotions so my Dr took me off.  I thought about getting back on it again but just stuck with the pill.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Depending on how much you produce you can be on the regular pill.  If you are an over producer then your ob might offer you the regular pill since it's more effective.  The mini-pill is pretty much only effective for however long you are breastfeeding, so if you are getting close to weaning you need to notify your doctor.  Also the mini pill is supposed to be taken at the same time each day. 
  • What baby carrier are you planning on using?
  • knutty3knutty3 member
    edited February 2018
    @luna8433 - I will be using the TwinGo  ;)
  • Grr, TB cut off my message.  Anyone have any ideas of a gift to give DH after delivery to celebrate?  Cigars and chocolate seems "been there done that", so trying to come up with something fun since he's been so supportive!
  • luna8433 said:
    What baby carrier are you planning on using?
    If you search for “The great carrier thread” you will find tons of responses. 
  • Grr, TB cut off my message.  Anyone have any ideas of a gift to give DH after delivery to celebrate?  Cigars and chocolate seems "been there done that", so trying to come up with something fun since he's been so supportive!
    Dh isn’t a coffee drinker and his birthday is right around my due date. I’m buying him a case of his favorite flavor of monster, a bunch of his favorite candy bar and a few bags of pork rinds. (His favorite things!)
    I have found cutesy things revolving around ‘greatest dad’ - he plays guitar, so a guitar pick that says ‘I couldn’t have picked a better dad’ 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are we still doing ticker change days? I've noticed this week they all had maybe one reply. Not sure if I missed something? 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @sarahkate2233.  Most bumpies have bailed to Facebook, so the board has slowed down considerably.  Perhaps we adopt a weekday and weekend ticker change to capture those left?
  • @knuttyplus2 oh that's too bad, I really looked forward to my group every week. Sorry to see the ladies go! 

I'd be open to whatever ticker or update groups people would prefer. I liked the smaller group format and same regular posters aspect for the ticker changes. I felt like I got pretty familiar and close with the group that way. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't think there are to many of us left even if we did a weekly check in, it wouldn't be a big group. I am up for the idea. What day of the week should it be? Tuesday?
  • There might be more of us than we realize, as I don't everyone was eager to migrate. It was kind of like a ghost town all of a sudden.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @luna8433.  Sure!  We can start it and see where it goes!  
  • edited February 2018
    Looking for some advice on laboring in the tub during a hospital birth. I would love to Labor in the tub as long as possible (but will have to get out for delivery). For anyone else who has labored in the hospital tub, did you bring a swimming suit to wear? Sports bra? Birthday suit? 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• @growingournest I’m planning on doing the same; right now I’m leaning toward bathing suit bottoms and a sports bra mainly bc I don’t want to have to buy a new bathing suit that fits my maternity body. I don’t know if I have any existing bottoms that’ll work tho. If I don’t then I’ve also considered workout shorts and a sports bra. I wouldn’t be comfortable fully nude but that’s just me; I’m sure if you wanted to you could do that.
  • @growingournest I labored in the tub during my first delivery. The tub is a godsend! I think I packed a sports bra to wear, but never put it on. I remember in the hospital tour, some nurse mentioned that the first thing dads should do when we get to the delivery room is to close the blinds, especially if it's at night, because the moms in labor usually start shedding clothes right away. I thought she sounded like a crazy person at the time, but then when I was in labor, that is what happened. I couldn't stand anything touching my skin, so I ended up in my birthday suit in the tub. And didn't care one bit who came and went and saw me. My doula did lay a wet towel across my chest for some privacy though. If you don't think you'll be comfortable fully naked, I'd take something to cover your top half, but I wouldn't worry about bottoms since you'll be checked periodically by your provider.
  • @luna8433 I agree a weekly ticker just being one day. it is definately a ghost town compared to what it was. I think Tuesday sounds great.
  • I was on the evra patch for years, but like every other hormone contraception out there it came with symptoms after a while. I had the copper IUD which was alright but it gave me bad cramps. I had it taken out and pooofff I got pregnant!
     I said I would like my tubes tied seeing as this is my third. I doubt that will happen though because I know I will regret it even if I don't have anymore babies.
    I will probably just have the copper IUD put back in for now  :/