April 2018 Moms

Tons of contractions

hi ladies. Hope everyone is feeling good. Wanted to ask if others are having a lot of contractions. I am 31 weeks and suddenly am having a lot of contractions. Sporadic and random but happened all day yesterday. Labor and delivery monitored me last night and no changes in cervix so sent me home. Today I am resting but every time I stand up they come back. Anyone else? 

Re: Tons of contractions

• They could just be Braxton Hicks.  I have been getting those a lot for the last few months.  Usually I just sit down and sometimes need to drink some more water before they go away.  Sometimes they happen and just going to the bathroom to pee helps.  While uncomfortable and sometimes painful the fact that they are sporadic and random means they are just BH. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Ive been getting stronger Braxton Hicks contractions as well and I’m 31 weeks. Like yours, they are sporadic and not usually painful although some have taken my breath away at the tightness. Doctor said it’s normal and so long as they don’t form a pattern then it’s fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • midnight-musemidnight-muse member
    edited February 2018
    Only Braxton hicks here. Although they are getting stronger. I have to stop what I'm doing when they happen (mostly because the need to pee is ridiculous! :D) They have no pattern and usually happen when I haven't had enough to drink. 
  • Lots of BH here as well.  They seem to happen the most when I am in a stressful situation or overexerting myself. It's a new experience though, since I didn't notice any with my first. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • danniluvdanniluv member
    edited February 2018
    Same. I'm getting tons of BH. It's not painful but definitely noticeable 
  • Had my first bout of BH a few nights ago and have been  having them every so often.  Not painful, but definitely frightening at first! Glad there's a lot of us going through the same thing around the same time  :)
  • 90oz of water a day should take care of them! You’ll spend your day peeing but won’t be bothered by the contractions! 
  • not to much here but the other night after a really long shift of work I was getting them. drank a ton of water and just relaxed and they haven't came back. 
  • Thanks for all the comments. I have had a lot of them for the past two/three days now and have been basically in bed just drinking water. Going to see how it goes and hope that they continue to be irregular and laying down stops them. I am debating about just going in again to make sure no cervical changes. Just wish I was past 34 weeks then I wouldn’t be even half as worried! 
  • I'm the same. 31 weeks and contractions constantly. Doc said as long as they don't become more frequent or more intense they are really nothing to worry about. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know its so worrisome. I went in thinking I was in early labor with my first and second baby. With this pregnancy I have to keep reminding myself if they don't get stronger and more consistent probably okay. They suck and can be uncomfortable/painful for a while. But real labor will get progressively worse where you can't talk through contractions. Ugh so fun near the end lol. Hang in there! They may get even worse before the real show starts. Also you may dilate early doesn't mean you'll go into labor. By 36 weeks I was 3 cm dilated. But baby went over due to 40 weeks and 3 days.
  • dlammers said:
    I'm the same. 31 weeks and contractions constantly. Doc said as long as they don't become more frequent or more intense they are really nothing to worry about. 
    I have been wondering how you are doing! Haven’t seen you in a while, hope everything is okay.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dlammers - glad LO is doing well so you can focus on taking care of yourself right now. Sorry it’s been so much, but sounds like things are getting taken care of!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • dlammers said:
    I'm the same. 31 weeks and contractions constantly. Doc said as long as they don't become more frequent or more intense they are really nothing to worry about. 
    I've been wondering where you went, i remember you from one of the threads. Glad things are better, and baby is doing great. We are scheduled for csection on April 4 too! 
  • @dlammers I thought maybe you had given up on the app but it's great to see you again. sounds like you having been focusing on your health and the lo health. 
  • @sunshine27shy - No didn't give up. Just not a lot of extra time. Yes focusing on our health has been my priority. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker