Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Wed 2/7

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

Cycle Day/DPO:

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What's your favorite pick-me-up after a hard day? 
*TW*
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 2016
BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19

Re: TWW Wed 2/7

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

Cycle Day/DPO: 24/9

Timing: -2, O

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: Plan was Friday, but might just WFAF since I've had 2 big temp dips this cycle. 

R/R: 12+ hour day yesterday, but going to start later today so I get some morning bump time! At least I got that stupid project done AND had some wine. Rant #2: The temp dips really smacked down any hope I had for this cycle. Even though I haven't started spotting yet - that usually starts 10-11dpo, I don't feel like I have a chance this month. 

CS/Q: FF has a new feature for BBT Trend - supposedly it tells if your temps are swinging up, stable, or on a downward trend. This morning mine switched to "on a downward trend". :( Has anyone else seen this? Impressions? 

GTKY: What's your favorite pick-me-up after a hard day? The crazy person in me says sleep. The foodie says cupcakes, and the rational person says "pet the cats!"

*TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @catlady2015 Yay for your project being done.. and wine of course!! Finishing a big project is definitely a good reason to celebrate. I agree with your "pet the cats" rational! :) I hope your temps are just weird this month and you aren't out! It's not over till it's over.. (AKA stupid AF's arrival)! 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

Cycle Day/DPO: 22/3

Timing: -5,-3,-2,-1,0,+2

Typical LP length: Figuring that out!

Testing: Not until a missed period

R/R: Rant: I had a break down this morning. Woke up at 3:00a, couldn't get back to sleep. This was of course my third morning to temp to get my confirmation for O. I laid back down and rested and took my temp and thankfully, it was high! I'm counting it as a confirmation even though it may not be accurate. This is so stressful ya'll! Rave: Confirmation of my O. I'm having champagne tonight since I've been avoiding alcohol for the sake of accurate temps. How do us women stay sane when TTC?! 

CS/Q: Chart in spoiler if anyone has any opinions. This is my first month temping so, I'm definitely learning as I
    go and seeking advice from all of you ladies as well!

GTKY: What's your favorite pick-me-up after a hard day? I'm 100% with @catlady2015 I love seeing my cat when I walk through the door. He greets me and stretches up for a hug... I love it! Also, a glass or two of wine never hurt anybody :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @darkstar42 Netflix is the best! I just finished watching The Killing and thought it was really good! Do you have any recommendations?
  • Options
    @spartan4life Yay for hump day! What kind of doggy to you have? 
  • Options
    @meladams10 We have two long haired miniature dachshunds. They are the sweetest snugglers! 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @spartan4life Oh my goodness! I love dachshunds. They're so cute!! The long haired ones are my favorite!
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 I'm glad your DH had an "Ah hah" moment! Sometimes it takes a scenario like that to realize what's more important! I didn't even know OBs could put in referrals for acupuncture?! That's amazing. Fx your insurance will cover it!
  • Options

@meladams10 Ya I was pleasantly surprised that my insurance covers acupuncture too.  And my health network, Allina, has a couple of clinics near me.  I had to be careful about the way I worded it to my OB though because if the appointment gets coded as anything to do with fertility treatment then it won’t be covered. It also has to be considered “medically necessary” whatever that means. But if that all checks out then the cost would only be a copay of $25. So nice! Right now the appointment should be coded as period pain or dysmenorrhea. But if my insurance doesn’t accept that then my OB is willing to change it to back pain (which I have scoliosis so it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch).

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @LJMoon6 That's so nice! You'll have to keep me updated on how acupuncture is for you. (:
  • Options
    @meladams10 - yay for O!! Some ladies just temp to confirm O and then stop - it can help you feel a little less obsessive about it. I, however, can't stop, even though I discussed doing it this cycle. BTW - I try to stay sane by drinking wine and petting my cats.  :p

@darkstar42 - glad things are going well for you!

@spartan4life - can I jump on the whiny train? DH says I've been kind of whiny, too. It's hard not to when you don't have high hopes (OR are trying to keep any hopes you do have from spiraling way out of control). FX you can keep positive!

@LJMoon6 - it's insane how much hobbies cost. DH just bought a ton of hobby stuff while we're looking to build a house too. Glad YH was able to see the bigger picture!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Dying of the plague today so just popping in quickly.

Month/Cycle: 11/11

Cycle Day/DPO: 28/8

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: Trying to hold out until Saturday but realistically I'll start tomorrow.

R/R: Yesterday afternoon I started getting a heavy feeling in my chest like someone was sitting on me - by bedtime it had morphed into a super croupy cough and violent shivers that continued until about 1 and then switched to the sweats. I feel like poop today - body aches, sore throat, fever - pretty sure it's some kind of flu. I have way too much to do before Saturday's party to be sick right now and I also don't want to take anything on the off chance that I'm pregnant! Ugh.

CS/Q: Nope

GTKY: What's your favorite pick-me-up after a hard day? A bubble bath forsure.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Month/Cycle: 7/7

Cycle Day/DPO: CD 36/10

Timing: poor 

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: tested today even though timing was really poor so not surprised with BFN

R/R: haven't been posting here in some time now. Was dealing with the disappointment of a long cycle and how it messed up plans for this cycle and the next. Anyway I'm back and hoping to be more positive.
    Can't wait for this week to be over and vacation to start! We are going to Miami for a few days and hopefully the sun and warmth will cheer me up :D

CS/Q: 

I got a positive OPK on day 25 and then did notice a temp rise the next few days. Even today the temp was still high so I am assuming this is not an anovulatory cycle and I did ovulate, just extremely late.

GTKY: What's your favorite pick-me-up after a hard day? Netflix, junk food 
  • Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited February 2018
    Lurking from wto

@elothair I know that this is unsolicited advice so feel free to tell me to shadddup. Here goes. I understand your reluctancy to take anything because you are in tww, BUT! You are still in the window that Tamiflu would make you functional by tomorrow if you take it today. It's possible to have a secondary infection caused by flu which antibiotics will boost you even more. Plus also, you are going to still be contagious on Saturday. I am very anti medication but at times like this, I remind myself that there are people out there smoking crack who conceive and have babies. I know that's a very very bad comparison but dammit, your body deserves to feel better. /endrant Hugs.
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @suzycupcake Thanks!! I’ve never even heard of that before - sending DH to grab some on his way home. The odds of my being pregnant are super slim anyways so I’m pretty sure it’s not actually a worry and I need to be at least semi-functional by Saturday! My plan is to get DH to do all the food prep and sanitize the whole house Friday and then likely I will hide away upstairs for party time as I really don’t want to infect people!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited February 2018
    Tamiflu is prescription only unfortunately because it’s an antiviral but urgent care is awesome!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 9/6

Cycle Day/DPO: 20/2

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 15-17 days

Testing:not yet

R/R: the house is an absolite pigsty but by the time I get home I really can't be arsed. How does it get messy so quickly?! My partner gets home way before I do and I think that I keep half expecting him to have done anything by the time I get home and he doesn't do I get a bit huffy and continue to do nothing myself.

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What's your favorite pick-me-up after a hard day?when my cats are actually nice to me the traitorous little things much prefer my DH. Wine also helps.
  • Options
    @catlady2015 Yes please do join my whiny train! It is hard keeping hopes up and at bay at the same time if that makes any sense  :D
    @elothair So Sorry you are sick!! I hope you feel better soon!!
  • Options
    @spartan4life - yes, lady! I’m right there with you. 

*TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options

@meladams10 It depends what kind of shows you like! We just started watching Altered Carbon, and the first episode was good. I love Peaky Blinders, Broadchurch, Luther, Sens8, 3%, um… That’s all I can think of right now!

@spartan4life I’m sure you’ve already said at some point, but what are you studying? Doggy snuggles and quiet time sound like a great way to deal with tough days. I’m not much of a dog person, but I do love doxies. I seriously considered getting one for a while.

@LJMoon6 I’m so glad your OB is on board with acupuncture! That’s awesome. Also glad YH has come around. The best thing is that I got home from work and MH had cleaned the kitchen for me! I’m waiting for dinner to finish cooking now.

@elothair Sorry you’re sick! That sounds miserable. I hope you start recovering soon!

@nasah15 Glad you have that vacation coming up to look forward to!

@lokibear89 I’m with you on the messy house! It’s hard to get motivated to clean after a day of work.

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 10/11

Cycle Day/DPO: 14/1

Timing: O, -2

Typical LP length:  12-14 days

Testing: once miss period.... I am getting to the point where the anxiousness is dying down I guess. Why waste the money on a test “just in case”? Sigh.....

R/R: starting to get a tad discouraged. I am just mopey today. I did stop posting here, temping, and opk for a few months because I was over it. I am using opk again and back to posting though for now.

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What's your favorite pick-me-up after a hard day? 
    A nice bath with a bath bomb, drinks and catching up with a friend
  • Options
    @darkstar42 I am currently working on my Masters in Health Services Administration. It is all online and I really enjoy it! But I am also ready to be done lol. I have a little over a year to go, but may speed it up a bit if I need to.