Pregnant after IF

First Tri Check in Week of Feb 5

Happy Monday Gang!  

How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones?

Recent Results / Next Appointment?

How's it going?
History and blog link in spoiler
2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
May 2020 FET; BFN
July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

Re: First Tri Check in Week of Feb 5

• Loading the player...
  • sarzee2sarzee2 member
    edited February 2018
    @laurad75 good luck at your appointment today, and hope all goes well with your OB tomorrow!

9+1, EDD 9/9/18

Officially graduated from my RE today (bittersweet!) and first appointment with my OB is tomorrow! I'm not really sure what this will entail...I think when I made the appointment they said it will include the the NT scan, but I thought that was typically around 11 weeks?

Took my last estrogen pill this morning and tapering down progesterone injections to every other day...last one will be Sunday, woohoo! Now just have to figure out what to do with the giant crate of leftover meds that's been in my living room since July!
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    Together Since 5/07, Married 5/13
    TTC Since 8/15
    3 Cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI-11/16, 12/16, 1/17-All Failed
    Switched RE's 1/17
    4 IUIs-2/17 through 6/17-All Failed
    ER-8/30/17-25 Eggs Retrieved=7 PGS Normal Embyros
    FET#1 of 1 Embryo-10/3/17-Chemical
    FET#2 of 2 Embryos-11/16/17-Failed
    FET#3 of 1 Embryo-12/22/17-BFP!
    Carter Wright arrived 9/5/18
  • How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones?  13 weeks today. 

Recent Results / Next Appointment?  Nothing recent just waiting on my next appointment on 2/13.  Getting a little nervous just want to hear the baby’s heartbeat to make sure everything is ok in there.

How's it going? A little better every day.  I still have really bad spots in the day and am not back to my old self but I do see improvement in the food aversion thing.  Someone had a strawberry smoothie in the elevator and I actually thought mmm that sounds really good.  Dairy has not been kind to me so I’m not going to get one but it was nice to think of food as potentially tasty.

@laurad75 That is a big week for you guys today.  I hope everything goes well with your scan and you like you new ob! 

@hreason1114 I’m a little in that in between space too.  I think its pretty normal to have symptoms start to quiet down after the placenta takes over more.  Mine started to improve in week 12 so right around the same timing! 

@sarazee2 I feel you on the leftover meds thing.  I don’t know what to do about mine when I did my last IVF I wanted to refill some gonal f I meant for them to send one pen and they sent 4, I didn't even end up using any.  So I have like all this medicine in my fridge and I just can’t bear to throw it away even though I know I'm done with IVFs.  I’ve had to pay oop for a pen before and know what a financial burden it is.  I wonder if there is like someplace it can be donated.  Though probably not because probably since its been in my possession, but it just seems like such a waste.

Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• Hey @laurad75 how did everything go? Fingers crossed that you get good results that put your mind at ease. My NT is next Tuesday and I'm already totally losing my mind about it.
  • How far along?/EDD.  Any milestones? 10w4d - no milestones yet!

Recent Results / Next Appointment? Next appointment (NT scan and meeting with midwife) is next Tuesday. I'm not going to lie - this going more than two weeks between scans thing is really hard but I know I'm going to have to get used to it. Normal people don't get scans once a week or every other. How in the hell do people function with all that not knowing??

How's it going? I've figured out that unless I get up, get showered and get moving first thing in the morning, I will literally not do anything all day. This weekend I pretty much lived on the couch - I was so exhausted. But this morning I felt like I have energy I didn't have all weekend, even though I slept like crap last night. So note to self: ride that early morning energy burst as long as I can until I crash around 2:00 pm.
  • @2MomsHoping *lurking* if you figure anything out, let me know. In 2013 when I first did IVF, you could donate it back to the clinic. My understanding is that is no longer the case, in TX at least. I still have some pio vials left would hate for them to go to waste
  • I agree with you ladies on the meds! Down the road I probably will be doing another cycle but not before these meds expire and I’d hate for them to go to waste. 
  • @laurad75 How'd it go today?

@2momshoping My RE clinic will take back unopened, unexpired meds to "pay it forward" to another woman needing them. We'll be taking our leftover Menopur with my last u/s on Saturday.

• Welcome @Kate437! We can all absolutely relate, good luck for a strong 2nd! 

How far along? 10+2/ 9/1/18
    Next appt: weekly u/s on Thursday, think this is my last with RE

Girls, I am super stressed- I’m a type A plan ahead, don’t drop balls kind of girl. I’ve had an appt with an OB that was a personal recommendation but last wk my RE office said to make sure my OB is comfortable managing my Heparin since he’s not on my RE’s list. Called there and MA was rude and said she couldn’t give me Med advice since I’m not currently a pt, i pushed back and she said she would check with the OB and call me by noon on Friday. No call so I left her another v/m today with no response. I also called RE’s office and asked them to email me ‘the list’ since I never got a copy- I’m still waiting for the email. My RE’s office scared me insisting I should be under someone else’s care before 12 weeks “in case something happens” - how am I going to find and get in somewhere before next Friday?! Especially without this list. I’m sorry for the long anxiety ridden post but my H is a “it’s no big deal/will work out” kind of guy and I’m feeling terrible and overwhelmed....
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • @lablover78 I'd be stressed too, but at least you know now how that OB's office operates. Hell I'm just stressing trying to figure out where I will want to deliver so I can find an OB with admitting privileges there (my husband is no help either, saying it is to early for that)
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • Welcome @kate437 good luck on your 2nd beta!! 

@lablover78 you could stick with your appointment with the OB you had scheduled and also setup another appointment as a back up plan with someone from the list once you get it? Good luck either way! It was scary for me to move on to an OB after being with my RE for so long! 
  • @laurad75 That's so wonderful! I love hearing that the baby was active for you, too!

@lablover78 That is so frustrating! I would be freaking out too :( Good luck.

• @lablover78 Is there a nurse manager or office manager you could speak with? I do not do well with people who are dicks at this stage in the game. You have gone through so much and come so far and for someone to stonewall you because you haven't been there yet is completely uncalled-for. All you're doing is making sure they'll actually be able to handle you as a client - you're doing THEM a favor! Gah, everyone is seriously the worst. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. (FWIW, my husband is exactly the same way with the cool, calm, collected "it'll all work out" mentality. He's clearly a lunatic  :D )
  • Gah @laurad75 your u/s pic gave me goosebumps- so glad you had a great appointment!! 

Thanks for the support ladies! I actually was able to get the list and get an appointment with someone on it for this Friday! I guess those 2 hrs in the middle of the night worrying were for nothing. I’m so glad to have this little group though- you have no idea ❤️
    TTC since May 2013
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Hi ladies,
    I didn't see a place for intros so I am sorry if I missed it! I was active here during my first pregnancy (IVF, my amazing baby boy born 2-12-17). Anyways I am 7 weeks, 2 days with a surprise natural pregnancy... we were told it would be impossible to conceive naturally and that IVF was our only option! We were planning on doing a FET for our frostie this summer. (I guess we will be having three kids now ;)) I am absolutely shocked and we are thrilled for this blessing. 

How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones?: 7 weeks, 2 days- EDD: September 23rd

Recent Results / Next Appointment? My first ultrasound will be Feb 15th and I am am eagerly awaiting it! Last pregnancy I had already had two ultrasounds at this point so I am nervous and really want to see the baby and heartbeat.

How's it going? Going well so far, I am pretty tired this time around. My active (almost) 1 year old son keeps me busy! Morning sickness is on and off but not as bad as my first pregnancy. 

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• @chicandbubbly welcome and yay!!!! What an amazing story and blessing ❤️ Glad our little group is growing. 
    TTC since May 2013
  • @BusinessWife I totally get the stepping away when anxiety is high. I’m so glad your appointment went well though ❤️ 
    TTC since May 2013
  • @businesswife Totally agree with @lablover78 -- do what's right for your anxiety. Glad it went well!

• @BusinessWife Taking care of your mental health can be just as important as your physical health. 

Beta #2 came back today it went from 216 on 02/02 to 1,894 today.
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited February 2018
    Welcome @chicandbubbly!  Congratulations and we have all been there with the early week anxiety.  Keep your chin up and you'll get through it!  

@BusinessWife I'm also so tired! It got better after stopping Progesterone but worse this week. I think the baby is doubling in size each week right now so I try to take it easy on myself and put that on my list of accomplishments when I feel I am unproductive. 

@lablover78 so glad you got the ob situation sorted!  Hope you like the new doctor. 

@laurad75 congrats on the great Appointment!  My sono is a blob this week so I am jealous!

How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones?  10 weeks today, inching closer every week to end of first trimester.  Got first sono on my belly today and came out very fuzzy blob.  Also the sono tech was sick and grumpy. I washed my hands like 4 times when in room with her. Ah well, still got to know all is ok. Baby is 3.5cm (1.37") and 175 heartbeat!  Getting bigger!  Also got Progesterone test today and Hopefully the numbers come back fine and I am hoping to just stop taking the suppositories.  I have been weening off just to be safe, but they are giving me an itchy skin allergic reaction and also make mood and exhaustion worse.  Also got carrier testing today, did the 150 panel and find out in 2-3 weeks. No more bleeding and SCH is completely gone now as well as small other sac they saw before.  

Recent Results / Next Appointment? Next week going to perinatal 'high risk' doctor for genetic testing, sono, and blood testing.  It will be 11 weeks so will get the genetic blood tests for baby then. We are planning to do all tests we can except for CVS and Amnio.  I am going to wait and see if those are needed.  Hopefully the non invasive screening tests will show we are low risk and we can avoid.  

How's it going?
    Going pretty well. I don't know why but still pretty confident all is well.  Ignorance is bliss for me.  I also feel confident that our genetic testing should come back well. Don't know why and think I'm just being cocky. I think my mommy hormones are taking over and making me more confident. 

Have had some weird twinges again in front of abdomen where uterus is. They feel similar to those at 8 weeks and maybe just stretching or tend to feel gas or constipation there sometimes. 

Did have a scary event this week.  Tried my insulin shot in my right thigh instead of belly fat.  Doctor thinks I hit a blood vessel because I got a huge rush of the insulin all at once and my blood sugar dropped to 38!  Low is 70.  Luckily I had set my alarm to wake me up to test and when I woke up I was disoriented, sweating like crazy and shaking. I'm so glad I didn't pass out and I just started eating jelly.  Anyway I got it back up and was able to sleep some during night and feel better rest of the next day.  Feeling fine today and now have a game plan with juice and raisins on hand in case of any other happenings. Dr. said baby will be fine and has it's own reserve of blood sugar and since I caught it so fast will be ok. 

I am really starting to look forward to getting this genetic testing out of the way and first trimester complete.  That way I can tell everyone I'm pregnant and start shopping and preparing more.  Only 3 more weeks!

I've also finally given into the fact that I'm just going to be working less this whole year. Trying to take each day at a time and enjoy my days off or with little work.  Things will pick up again soon in the landscape design world as they always do.
  • Hello, all. I’m 5 weeks 4 days. I have been TTC for about 2.5 years. This is my first, from IVF.  Ive had 3 betas, all good, and am waiting on my ultrasound scheduled for the 13th. So nerve wracking! Other than sore boobs, no other symptoms. Except a sore butt from PIO shots. 
  • Welcome & @knottie!! You may want to change your name so we can tag you better :) although don’t ask me how :/ That’s such great news that IVF was successful- it’s such a stressful process. 
    TTC since May 2013
  • Hi all, hope it’s okay if I join in! Finally Here after almost 3 years and a round of IVF. 

How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones?
    6 weeks today! EDD 10/3/18

Recent Results / Next Appointment?
    First US with my RE is next week (2/14) 

How's it going?
    Pretty good, though the fact that I’ve had no appointments since my 2nd beta is weirding me out! I’m also (finally!) having to figure out how to decline drinks while out. It leaves me feeling both awkward and stoked :) 
  • Welcome to all the newcomers and congratulations!  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Newbie here!

How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones? 4 weeks, 5 days roughly.

Recent Results / Next Appointment? First beta 2/5 was 721, Second beta 2/7 was 1903! Next appointment is my first pregnancy U/S on 2/21.

How's it going? My nerves are OFF THE CHARTS. I had a chemical back in August, and even though my beta numbers are good this time around, I'm just so scared about another loss. My pregnancy symptoms have also REALLY declined- at 3 weeks after my home BFP my boobs hurt SO bad, and I had a lot of lower abdomen fullness/pressure. A week later and I feel almost normal except for a little more tired and my boobs are sore, but not as bad as they were. Trying to convince myself this is just something to do with the progesterone (I'm on a LOT) or just a normal balancing out but I'm just so freaking anxious. Considering paying for a private HCG blood test next week because I'm just not sure I can stand another 2 weeks until my U/S!

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

November 2017- Hysteroscopy

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

I'm blogging about it here

• Welcome @Dragonfly6191 and Congratulations!  I know the feeling.  I had a very early loss prior to this pregnancy.  It took a while before I was able to breathe, but I just had to keep telling myself this is a completely. Different. Pregnancy.  That helped a little.  Hang in there!
  • YAY! Welcome @Dragonfly6191 and @halfanewt ❤️ I’ve found that my symptoms vary day to day especially in the beginning so try not to read into that @dragonfly6191
    TTC since May 2013
  • @lablover78 SQUEEE!!!!!  So Beautiful!!! ❤  Congratulations on graduating!
  • @lablover78 Awww those legs! So so happy for you!

• @adirat So happy your ultrasound went well! I feel you on the Endometrin. It’s torture!