Infertility
Options

Estrace and lower abdominal pain

So I've called the pharmacy and the pharmacist was zero help. I also called my RE clinic and left a message but it's after hours so I doubt I'll get a call back until tomorrow. I'm on 2 mg of Estrace twice a day vaginally prepping for a FET. I've been on it vaginally since about last Friday, and for about 4-ish days now I've had a lot of pressure and tenderness in my pelvic area. Kind of like in the area of the pubic bone and to the right and to the left of it. Has anyone ever experienced the same? It's kind of freaking me out. It's not so bad that I can't walk or continue with daily activities, but the discomfort is always there. It's my first time on Estrace vaginally so I don't have any experience to compare it to. Just wondering if others have experienced anything similar so I can talk myself off the ledge lol. Thx!
Me: 35 I DH: 38
*TW loss and children mentioned*
DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

Re: Estrace and lower abdominal pain

• Options
    @tosh24 So I’m not on Estrace suppositories BUT I am In estadriol 2mg twice a day pill form to help my lining after the septum surgery. I’ve notice period like cramps, pain in my lower pelvic it almost feels like I’m getting my period. I haven’t actually gotten AF but it kinda feels like it and i didn’t want to jump the gun and call my nurse but Are you still have these issues? And did you ever get any answers? Maybe Bc it’s build our linings up? 
  • Options
    Hey @ndz2018!!! No, I never got any real answers. Both the nurse and the pharmacist said the pressure/pain was probably because my lining was getting thick. At my lining check before my FET my lining was at 12mm which isn't out of the ordinary for me. I've had it up to 14mm before with no noticeable discomfort (naturally, not on Estrace). I did notice that I cramped a fair bit too on the Estrace (even when I was taking it orally). I think that's a normal side effect. I've never had a lap to confirm but the RE suspects some endo based on symptoms that I have, so the nurse did say that if I have endo, it's possible the pressure and tenderness I was feeling was because the lining found outside my uterus was also thickening up and causing some pain. I don't think I'll use this protocol again for a FET if this one doesn't work. I'll try a natural one next and if that fails, I'm going to ask to be put on the protocol they use for their endo patients. I'm just bummed about the delay that would cause. I was really hoping to squeak a baby out by the end of 2018 :/  

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tosh24 I’m like the queen of delays our FET won’t be till mid April. I feel you... the struggle is real!!i If all goes well we’ll be looking at a baby the last week of Dec Maybe it’ll be the anniversary date that the embryo was retrieved! :)  
  • Options
    Good luck Tosh24 sounds uncomfortable :/

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP