2nd Trimester

Cervical length

Hi all 

I had a question. I'm current 24+1 but measuring 25 and have a decent size fibroid. At around 19+6 I had a transvaginal ultrasound done and my cervix measured 4.3cm. At 24+1 it measures 3.3cm 

Should I be concerned? Anyone else been in this position?

Re: Cervical length

• What did your doctor say?

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't see my doctor till next week 
  • Loading the player...
  • tvisram said:
    Hi all 

I had a question. I'm current 24+1 but measuring 25 and have a decent size fibroid. At around 19+6 I had a transvaginal ultrasound done and my cervix measured 4.3cm. At 24+1 it measures 3.3cm 

Should I be concerned? Anyone else been in this position?
    Bolded = a great question for your doctor.

If you don't want to wait until your appointment, it's as easy as a phone call to the office.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• I would definitely call your doctors office. 
  • Definitely call your doctor. I'm actually currently getting u/s every two weeks to check cervical length so I have a bit of information. Anything over 2.5 cm is good. Around 24 weeks, the cervix naturally starts to thin so that you can go into labor between 37 - 40 weeks. The fact that yours was so thick at 19 weeks and is still above the "safe" zone, I would say you're fine. If you're worried, a call to the doctor is never a bad idea. 
  • Yes I'm going to call her today thanks for you responses:)
  • tvisram said:
    I don't see my doctor till next week 
    Why didn't you ask during the appointment when you were told the length
  • It was the ultrasound tech that did my ultra sound not my doctor