July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 1/3-1/4

Re: Weekend Randoms 1/3-1/4

• Options
    I’m a sahm and I work a few hours on saturday mornings, and I swear it doesn’t snow a friggin flake all week. Come Friday night/Saturday morning, Mother Nature is over here like “let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!”  :|
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome back @acunamatada! Hope things are getting sorted out. I slept like CRAP. woke up at 2am and was feeling hyper and couldn't shut my brain off. Then, again, my stupid phone went off at 6- I keep forgetting to delete that alarm! Finally up at 7am Because I have to drive to LA for a yoga teacher annual meeting. Need to get used to functioning on little sleep, so here we go...

@zande2016 you reminded me I should schedule my next cleaning...@paytonpedro I hope it doesn't stick!
  • Options
    @kissableviv sorry you slept like crap! And @zande2016 DH used to make fun of me when we had a cleaning lady for a hot second for cleaning before she came...but if I had little stuff for her to do she spent the whole hour doing that and would not get to the BIG stuff in the time frame we paid for. So...its what happened. 

We took the side of DS's crib today! Wish us luck for our first nap time later today! Little worried.
  • Options
    My car was officially totaled, may she rest in peace.. But I did get a few thousand back, on top of my full car loan so I’m hopefully buying a car next week! It’s crazy how fast everything got done, but I’m in the home stretch now! 
    I’m looking at a Kia Soul. Feel free to talk me out of it if anyone has any horror stories, because I kind of love it  :# 

@SmashJam good luck! Don’t do what I did and sit there waiting for him to fall asleep.. I’m still paying the price for that one

• Options
    @acunamatada I am standing in the kitchen watching the door lol. I thought about sitting in there and waiting for him to sleep but I think naps are a lost cause for us anyway! He's being mellow right now, I told him he was allowed to play but not leave the room. Took him 2.5 minutes to figure out how to open the door (never done that before), so I told him I would lock it and he wouldn't be able to get out. He has been lightly knocking on it for about 5 minutes but no yelling yet! (crosses fingers) Glad you got money back for your car!
  • Options
    I was away from the bump for a while too due to vacation then some family issues. I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do here!

@acunamatada Sorry your car got totaled but glad to hear your ok, great that the process was quick, and your getting a new one! Sounds like it all worked out well. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam mine hasn't napped since the crib came apart :( she sleeps well at night though. I wish I had done the 1 hour of quiet time in the afternoon, but I gave up since she was already opening and unlocking the door. Best of luck!
  • Options
    @acunamatada glad your car stuff is being figured out and that it’s not a long drawn out process. 

Good luck @SmashJam naps are definitely tricky right after the transition. I found my DD sleeps better at nap time with a DARK bedroom. So we invested in a room darkening cellular shade and it helps immensely. Now she knows how to open it so sometimes she still doesn’t sleep. 

I woke up this morning with the whole right side of my face all swollen. It looks like I got punched in the face. Benadryl only helped a little bit and momma ain’t got time to take a Benadryl nap all day. Hoping it doesn’t look worse in the morning. 
  • Options
    @hillbillywife was that just a random for no reason occurrence? How crazy! And yeah, we need to get some good shades up for sure. Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    @acunamatada Im sorry to hear about your car but I am glad that it is figured out already! 

@hillbillywife is it from a tooth or something? I remember when i worked in the dental office that would happen to some from an abcessed tooth and they wouldnt even have any pain before to warn. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    @acunamatada welcome back! Glad to hear you have the ball rolling on getting an new car. 

So ladies I need to do a “twatwaffle Saturday” post for a minute. We sent out our pregnancy announcements to close friends and family because we wanted them to find out from us. Not just through my parents or my in laws. However we have not announced on Facebook and are still waiting to do that. Well let me tell you AS SOON as my husbands uncle opened his announcement he tagged us in a congratulations post on Facebook! Luckily we untagged ourselves quickly and had him remove it. But how do people not understand that it’s not their announcement to make on social media!?!?! If you haven’t seen a post from us why would you think it’s okay to be the person who makes that post for us!?!? 
  • Options
    @SmashJam @busymommy23

Yeah it’s completely out of the blue. The only change in lifestyle is that I got a flu shot on Wednesday on the same side of my body. (Right arm, right eye). But the doctor I spoke to says it’s unlikely it’s from that. 

I never thought about it being from a tooth. I don’t have any pain so I don’t think so? Conveniently I was planning on making a dentist appointment this week anyways. 

Good thing is, its come down some since this morning. I’m hoping it continues to go down because I won’t enjoy looking like I’m abused while sitting in my church tomorrow morning lol. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 I always get my laundry sorted and house pre cleaned for when we hire cleaners. My husband thinks I’m nuts but I’m like wth are they going to do with your folded under wipe around them. 
    @acunamatada I’m sorry to hear you were in an accident I’ve been checked out for a bit on here. I’m happy to read that you are okay and your insurance was easy to work with. 
    @hillbillywife yikes that’s freaky! Hope everything is okay! 
    @ashbub714 how annoying! Sometimes the older crowd doesn’t understand or you have those other people who feel the need to beat the world to the punch. Super annoying. Social media has its advantages and disadvantages. Sorry that happened to you. Hubby and I have to preapprove any posts we are tagged in on Facebook so it won’t ahow up on our wall. It’s sucks we have to do it but it helps control the crazy family posts we have sometimes 

My weekend random is I’m so excited for the super bowl tomorrow! Even more excited for the food and half time show!!!!! 
  • Options
    My weekend random is everyone’s excitement for tax returns is annoying me. It use to not, but now that I’m pregnant it’s annoying. I always feel like saying “not everyone is excited when you owe the government money!” Keep your happy tax return mood 5 feet away from me please or talk about something else. Now my husband said I can’t buy the purse I wanted this month (probably the reason why I’m bitter). 
  • Options
    @hillbillywife could be allergies. My face randomly swells.ist they can figure out if environmental allergies I randomly developed . Started in 2011. Literally one side would swell. My eye would swell shut or my mouth swell up huge.
  • Options
    samjjorgensensamjjorgensen member
    edited February 2018
    @mikayla14mom UGH I feel you on this. My husband and I both claim 0 and somehow, according to TurboTax we owe over $4K. Insanity. We’re going to a tax person this year because I feel like that just CANT be right.
  • Options
    @mikayla14mom UGH I feel you on this. My husband and I both claim 0 and somehow, according to TurboTax we owe over $4K. Insanity. We’re going to a tax person this year because I feel like that just CANT be right.
    That's what happened to us last year. you need to withhold extra from each paycheck. Do the w4 worksheet for two earner families and it calculates how much extra you need to withhold for the year. We needed to withhold an extra 3,000 over the year and split it between us this year, we got a tiny refund on federal this year, but still owed $500 on state. Ugh! 

My random is, my son slept until 745 today!! He goes to bed at 6:30 so I guess he needed some extra sleep. Not a peep out of him for 13 hours. I feel so refreshed getting to sleep in for once. 
  • Options
    We totally use our taxes like an interest-free savings acct, tho we know we're not "supposed" to lend the govt free money. My husband completed out taxes the other night and we got a decent return which goes to replenish our emergency fund.

For @mikayla14mom my husband asked if you have other taxable income besides just what is on a W-2? Things like a side business or a brokerage acct, capital gains income, dividends, or real estate. He said that's the only way it's possible you can claim 0 and still owe so much in taxes. Hopefully getting an acctant can help--too bad they charge so much.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    Okay I'm feeling a little annoyed right now. Someone I went to high school with just posted a video of her son, exact same age as my son (16 months) claiming he's reading the letters on a box - like pointing to "o" and saying o etc. Clearly this is not normal 16 month old behavior...and good for her that her son is gifted/advanced, seriously that's awesome, but it just rubs me the wrong way when she constantly posts things about how smart he is. Her posts about him always feel so braggy to me. Like a few weeks ago she posted he has 40 words. 40 words? My kid has like 8. Ugh whatever I know I'm just being overly sensitive and would never say anything to her, it just bugs me. Dam social media. 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    edited February 2018
    @zande2016 ugh i hate those posts too (previously my UO). Everyone learns at their own pace and it’s very unusual for that age. I can understand the pressure it puts on you and your feelings. We are due almost at the 2 yr mark and I’m thinking we will be referred to early intervention again. He passes the first time with the explanation that the face that he heard 3 different languages can cause a delay. That made me feel better but he’s still not at the level he should be. But i keep telling myself it’s ok and early intervention isn’t a bad thing if needed. Yesterday i felt a little judged when a coworker whose son is a month older kept telling us all the words and phrases he can say and asked what we do with our son. If we talk to him and what not. Hang in there, I’m sure your doing all you can and that’s what matters.

edited words
  • Options
    @mikayla14mom do you claim single or married on your W-4. My husband and I originally had both of us as married with 0 exemptions and it was not withholding enough and we got nailed last year. We both went back to single withholding 0 and it made a big difference. 
  • Options
    AFM - sooo tired. Yesterday was a marathon of cleaning, haircut, prepping for gender reveal and then the Party. I’m so exhausted and I still have to go into the city for rehearsal today. I just want to curl up in bed. Grrrrrr. 
  • Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited February 2018
    @zande2016 I completely understand being annoyed by posts from other people whose kid seemingly kicks ass at something your kid struggles with, especially if they are younger. I don't post that stuff on social media because I don't want to look like an ass but I am pretty sure my son fits in the advanced language department. HOWEVER...at his 2.5 year appt, which smug me made only because i wanted to ask about sleep and eating,  it turns out he's so far behind on small motor skills that if he hasn't made progress by his 3 year appt they will refer him. So she might just be looking for solace in something he is really good at and he might be struggling with something else! you never know! HOWEVER if she is obviously judging those whose kids aren't at her level than eff her. She could def be more sensitive.
  • Options
    @zande2016 you have to ignore the braggy posts or you will go mad. Tbh I usually unfollow people like that when it gets too bad. Also children have areas that they focus in on growing.. my kid would master physical abilities quicker than social abilities. She picked up BSL super easily, walked early, balanced extremely well, but I still feel like she is slightly behind on speech and maturity.

I am getting so frustrated with my husband. Now that we know the sex of the baby, I want to start preparing. We are still on the fence as to whether we are going to have the kids share a room, but regardless, I want to get my toddler into a twin or full bed asap. She is still in the crib, but it's converted into a day bed right now. I want her to have time to adjust so that she doesn't feel like the new baby is taking her stuff. My husband is in no rush because he wants to wait until the new baby is ready to move into the crib... so then I have to deal with transitioning a toddler and infant at the same time? Thanks for being so very considerate...

Basically I already know how he is. I am the only person in this house that builds furniture or does any of the planning or setup as well as childcare. I am just livid that he is trying to put everything off until after I have both a toddler and infant to worry about.
  • Options
    Yeah I know people tend to brag about the good things and not mention the trouble areas. I don't think she's doing it meliciously, but it just feels weird to me to go to social media and brag about your child doing something that is really advanced for their age. It would be like posting about a high school student getting a perfect SAT score...you just don't do that.
     Also I work in special ed so I know my son is normal, maybe a bit speech delayed but too soon to really know for sure, but it still just rubs me the wrong way even though I'm not necessarily worried about him. Oh well, maybe I'll just unfollow her. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way though. 
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong if your kid is advanced but I'm wondering, why do you feel the need to continuously post about it? Every kid is smart and ultimately excels in different areas. Also, I personally think that reading at 16 months is kinda sad, l  mean, he's got a lifetime to spend in school! But I'm a FTM so I have not read enough about all the stages of learning and the different benefits/downsides of early alphabetization.
  • Options
    My random is that I signed up for a meal train for a friend who had surgery and forgot it's today. Lol. Instant pot chili to the rescue!
  • Options
    @SmashJam that’s so awesome! Sleeping through the night alone is huge!
  • Options
    I’m hosting a Super Bowl party and I woke up with a sore throat today...I just wanna go back to bed  :(
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @cseley321 could you get started without him? I had the same convo with my H about bedrooms/crib etc. we’re on the same page mostly but I think (most) guys just really don’t understand the emotional side of transitions. New babies are hard enough on their own but making big changes like that can be tough for the older kid(s) too. 

We are going to be building my DD a twin sized bed. And if LO is a girl then we’re going to be switching my son and my daughters rooms because Son’s room is the bigger of the two. And I want all of those new room/bed transitions to be done WELL before LO arrives even though he/she will be be in our room for a while. No sense in doing two big transitions at  the same time. 
  • Options
    The super bowl (which I could not care less about) made me crave wings...like really hot crispy spicy delicious buffalo wings, to the point I was gonna cry if I didnt get them. And I'm a vegetarian ooooops. So my husband went out and got 3 dozen wings from the best place around, and they're currently sitting in my fridge taunting me. Luckily I have killer heartburn from the ungodly amount of pizza I had for lunch,
    so maybe I'll be able to resist the wings after all and not go against my morals. But dammit I want them :confounded: 
  • Options
    Trying to hold back tears as I watch Jack (old Robin Williams movie).
  • Options
    @wildtot I loved that movie as a kid! I haven’t seen it in so long! Just let the tears flow :p
  • Options
    @wildtot how can even try?! that movie is so great let them fall!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @hillbillywife normally I would, but he vetoed me when I was about to buy the full size bed. We don't really make a large purchase  (furniture) without consulting the other
  • Options
    SmashJam said:
    @zande2016 I'm practically veg over here I can be the joey to your phoebe (please say you know what i mean ?!) and balance you out, Lol? I can barely look at meat. Today I had some pepperoni on a pizza ( like 5) but otherwise meat free. So I gotchoo  today. 
    Yes! I thought about making my husband be vegetarian this pregnancy so I can eat meat and balance it out, but he wasn't having it lol