Pregnant after 35

Group B Strep & possible induction

Hi there. I’m curious to know if anyone else has tested positive for Group B Strep? Is your Doctor suggesting an induction if so? Or just the antibiotics during labor?

My Doc suggested we set our induction for 2 days before our due date (that happens to be Valentines Day). For this reason and because she’s only at the hospital we’ll deliver at on Wednesday’s. If I go into labor any other day, it’ll be another doc delivering.

I’ve never had an induction. Each of our boys arrived on their own naturally and on time & I have a hard time having peace with it. I’d love to hear past or current stories. Obviously we want to do what is healthiest for Baby, but not something unnecessary.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Group B Strep & possible induction

• I tested positive for group B strep with my first 2 babies. There was no talk at all from my doctors about inducing for that reason. It wasn't a big deal, and they just put my on IV antibiotics when I went into labor.
  • Same here . Tested pos and they started me on IV abx when I got to the hospital ..  no induction .. and if that's something that concerns you don't let your doctor talk you into it !! Where I live the GYN mentality is induce at 8 csection At 5 ....  thy want to be home in time for the evening news and it just unnerves me !!! 
               5 years IF & 2 losses

~~ DS Born 2/28/2013 ~~
                8lb 13 oz 22 inches 
    Happily expecting another miracle !
     EDD 11/20

• Loading the player...
  • greycauldrongreycauldron member
    edited August 2022
    I've been strep positive with all 3 babies so far and no inductions. I also labor very fast and barely even get the antibiotics into me. 1 baby we didnt even have time. I had him 20 min after arriving at birth center. All babies were fine & healthy. Do not let them push you into an induction if you don't want it. ( Edited to add. Whoops this post is hella old my bad!!! ) 
  • That is an extremely dangerous and medical malpractice reason to induce. Inducement should be used for doctors convenience of schedule. It can cause all kinds of disasters to not going into labor naturally. I had a homebirth and I was strep b positive test. We did not take any antibiotics and me and the baby were perfectly fine.
  • mybimbamybimba member
    I refused the test and was treated as if I had it.