Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 1/29

*This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: If you could live in a fictional world (book, show or movie), what would it be and why?

Me: 32 | DH: 33
Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                            BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

Re: TFAS w/o 1/29

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO Cycle day 1 (bleh)

Ages of other child(ren)? 17 months old

Any thoughts about this cycle? Ehhh....not sure. I had high hopes the last cycle, but now I am convinced this is going to be a long journey like last time we tried to conceive. Now I am super bummed, but decided I will be buying a BBT and get that going this month. I don't think I need to mess around with just seeing what happens since I know we have a problem TTC. I'll be a tracking queen this go around. Plus my 30th bd is in Feb and I am aiming for a pregnancy for my bd!

Any questions? None right now

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rave! I have been doing Zumba everyday since last Friday I believe, and I feel really good about myself! However something similar to this DID happen today because DS was being very clingy while I was dancing. HAHAHA!!

Here is a Rant: I sooo wish we had started TTC way sooner. Like when DS turned a year or even sooner. I was hoping for siblings closer in age, but if it takes just as long as before, then they will be further a part than I hoped for. But it's okay...I can't think about the past, only the future.

Brag: I don't think this is really a brag, but I thought it was adorable! We were at the park yesterday and the moon was really visible during the day, and DS pointed at it and said "ball!" and it was just the CUTEST thing. I had to share! He kept calling it a ball!

GTKY: If you could live in a fictional world (book, show or movie), what would it be and why? I am sure you will all learn VERY quickly that I LOVE Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit and literally anything JRR Tolkien. Hubby and I are MAJOR nerds. SO I would sooo live in Middle Earth. No questions asked. Mainly because I just love everything about that world Tolkien created and I just think it would be super fun to be a part of it! And Hobbits are my spirit animals.

• @Whitmore1027 I'm with you; I wish we had started trying for a second a lot earlier too. But I didn't feel ready to even think about it until early last year, before that I was convinced she would be an only child! I had been getting a bit nervous about the age gap, as DD will be 4 in August and I was hoping there wouldn't be that big of an age difference between our kids. But I don't think it's really that big of a deal in the end, and this way DD will eventually be the cool big sister with the car keys!  :D

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 8/8 (1 benched AL)

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not feeling super great after my learning my AFC was low during my baseline u/s yesterday. But just trying to wait for the AMH results before freaking out too much.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD is obsessed with super heroes right now and it's adorable. Kind of funny since MH and I don't care for superheroes much, but she learned about them at school and can't get enough of them!

GTKY: I'll be basic and pick the Harry Potter universe! I think it would be so cool to go to Hogwarts and learn magic. :)

*TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • I just realized i completely missed the TFAS thread last week.  I am a mess in the month of January!

@whitmore1027 - Don't be discouraged already!  You could have a completely different TTC experience this time around

@offtoneverland - i am not familiar with the AFC acronym, but hopefully its just a small piece of the overall picture!

Cycle/Month? 4/4

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)?  18 mos.

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Pretty sure i'm out, but our timing sucked due to travel, so i am not blaming myself

Any questions? I am watching a couple co-workers struggle with adjusting to two kids vs. one.  Moms of 2+ kids....tell me it's ok!

Rant/Rave/Brag:  My son has started making new sounds!  obviously still super behind on the curve, but every little sound feels like a huge victory! He's also cutting two canines, and is going to be the death of me.  SO much worse than molars!  Hoping they stop giving him so much trouble SOON!

GTKY: If you could live in a fictional world (book, show or movie), what would it be and why? I'm going to go with "The Good Place" from the TV show.  I think i could be besties with Eleanor and eat ALL the frozen yogurt.

• @Whitmore1027 chin up mama - this TTC experience could be different (for better or worse). Even those who try to have siblings close in age and start trying right away sometimes end up with siblings far apart. Sometimes it doesn't matter when we start trying. 
    @offtoneverland I hope everything comes back alright - i admittedly don't understand much about levels but I hope your AMH comes back how you're hoping.
    @jengibre_zorro I could totally eat all the frozen yogurt there too! congrats on the new sounds!

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW (more like WFAF)

Ages of other child(ren)?  15 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? just waiting for AF so I can get back to trying again. I think she will be here tonight or tomorrow though.

Any questions?  I'm really toying with the idea of temping but I'm afraid of added pressure with my anxiety. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Still not walking here. But I'm starting to realize his vocab is above average. He says soo many words and understands a lot which is amazing! 
    New this week - we have a cold wit ha touch of croup and trouble with hard poops. 

GTKY: If you could live in a fictional world (book, show or movie), what would it be and why? Probably gilmore girls because stars hallow is super cool and they can eat whatever they want and never get fat. 

• @Whitmore1027 what kind of bbt did you get? That’s cool about Zumba! I’m too much of a chicken to try it. Also love Merry & Pip.

@offtoneverland that’s sweet about the superheroes! Who’s her favorite? & I would prob pick Harry Potter universe too bc, duh. 

@jengibre_zorro that’s great about your DS! Remind me, do you have him in EI? That’s when we got the ball rolling with my LO. Also I am really worried about the adjustment too. My 2 yr old still nurses to sleep and I had a panic moment this morning thinking about doing both bedtimes while H is at work. Also the good place is awesome! What a plot twist at the end of the 1st season!

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? Tww

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 (25 mo)

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m symptom spotting and I need to stop :D

Any questions? Nah

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS just started two new speech programs (now he’s in 3 total, 4 days a week for an hour+ each day). I’m hoping we start seeing some progress! His intelligibility still isn’t great but he’s already trying a lot more to communicate! <3

GTKY: If you could live in a fictional world (book, show or movie), what would it be and why? 

Since Harry Potter was already said, I’m gonna go with Star Wars if I could be a Jedi. And have a pet porg. 

SaveSave
  • @whitmore1027 I'm in the same boat wishing we had started trying earlier - although no way would I want a super close gap - my first two were just over 3 years apart which was perfect for us as DD was starting to be a lot more self-sufficient by then! But because they both happened right away we didn't start trying until we were totally ready - and 1.5 years later still nothing! Now I worry that the gap will be too big!

@offtoneverland By the time we get KU this time my youngest will likely be close to 5 by the time I have the baby - I have very mixed thoughts about the big gap since he will almost be in school and 'freedom' will be so close but then it also means I get to really enjoy our last baby which is a big plus, and will get a lot of one on one time during mat leave.

@jengibre_zorro I think I missed this thread last week as well! Having two kids was no big deal for us but I think a lot of that is because we had a 3 year gap so DD was ready for a sibling and not as needy as if we had a lesser gap and she was still a baby herself. I always highly recommend a decent gap - one of my gfs had her boys 11 months apart and from all accounts it was awful and she was so run down the first 3 years - my opinion is that babies need time to be babies and they really need that one on one time from their moms for at least the first 2-2.5 years or so. That being said, both of my kids were also fairly easy babies other than being awful sleepers. I worry about the 2-3 kid transition because we will be outnumbered as parents but I think having a giant gap between 2 & 3 (even if it's bigger than we wanted) will ultimately help the transition.

@kristah2 My DS had croupe just before he turned 2 and it was so so awful - and then he got it again 2 times that winter and every winter since definitely is more susceptible to the 'croupy' cough. I hope he feels better soon!

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 11/11 (Plus 6 months ntnp in the middle)

WTO/TWW? About to move to TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 7, almost 4 (on Valentine's Day!)

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nope - just want to get through it so I can get moving on bloodwork during my next cycle.

Any questions? Nope

Brag: My DS is so smart - he is about to turn 4 and definitely ahead of where his sister was at this age! He knows almost all of his letters and the sounds they make - can count (not just name off the numbers which is where kids start but actually be able to single out 1,2,3,etc. items and associate a number to each as he goes) to about 25, is able to tell you the flow of blood through the body and food through the GI tract (our daycare lady is amazing and was a science teacher so this month's unit is human body), and so many more things that amaze me. The downside is that he is smart enough to be tricky and manipulative so we have to watch him constantly - he also loves to take things apart to see how they work so he can't be left alone with anything that looks exciting! 

DD is about to do her first real school project - a poster and oral presentation on her family heritage. I am getting a taste of how much work is involved from the parent end for these school projects (because shockingly a student in Grade 2 has no means to actually find out about their family heritage independently, lol). But she is so excited to do it and has been practicing every night and is getting so good. Also, she is now reading me a chapter of a book every night before bed - her reading skills have exploded this year!

GTKY: If you could live in a fictional world (book, show or movie), what would it be and why? Maybe like care bears land - somewhere fluffy and non-threatening!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @offtoneverland Haha! Omg, I was convinced I only wanted 1 too. But once DS stopped breastfeeding when he was 14 months old, something in my brain switched like a light. I was CRAZY about having another baby. My body was suddenly like "OKAY time to start AF's again and start making babies!". It was NUTS. And yeah! The cool big sister is a great way to look at it! Plus she will be big enough to make her own sandwich while you take care of a newborn right?! lol Harry Potter is totally my second choice...haha!
    @jengibre_zorro and @kristah2 That's super true. That's kind of the way I was trying to look at it. I'll have to keep that mindset! I also LOVE Gilmore girls, I binge watched every episode while pregnant with DS! And I thought the Good Place was so cute! I stopped watching it for some reason, I need to get back into it!
    @flyingmombula I haven't bought one yet, but I am about 88% sure that I want to start this month. GIRL try Zumba! I LOVED doing it at group classes, but if you are too nervous to do that, get the DVDs and get your shake on at home! FX your little one exceeds in the speech classes!! And YES STAR WARS!!!!
    @elothair I have heard that 3 year gap is a good amount of time. It's so hard to ever know what will happen. I am almost convinced I don't ever want to go on BC again...hahaha. That's a REALLY good choice to go somewhere non-threatening...all my picks can have many dangers lol! How sweet about your little ones! Sounds like you have your hands full!

• @kristah2 - sorry you are WFAF.  And double sorry about the croup, hopefully it passes quickly, its so horrible when they just cough and cough
    @flyingmombula - yes!  we have a speech therapist come to the house for the past couple months, and its nice to actually see the progress.  I'm glad yours is having results as well, i know you mentioned being on a wait list a while back
    @elothair - that makes total sense about the age gap.  In a perfect world, i would want a bigger gap, but biological clock, advanced maternal age, blah blah blah.  Sounds like you have some amazingly smart kiddos!

• @Whitmore1027 DD is the worst when I try to do yoga in the living room! She climbs all over me and almost always injures herself. I have to get up really early to get it done without her and half the time she magically wakes up early on those days too.

@offtoneverland I'm embracing the larger age gap as well. We originally wanted 5 years or possibly even an only child. Then we wanted 2.5 years. Then we were actually pg so I was excited to have almost exactly a 3 year gap. Now I just don't even care. I'm still open to her being an only child, but I would obviously love to have another one.

@jengibre_zorro Yes to all the frozen yogurt! Every time I watch that show I just want to go get frozen yogurt.

@kristah2 I wasn't going to temp, but I've been so confused about when I ovulated this cycle that I decided to go ahead and buy the thermometer. I'm hoping it will actually decrease my stress and anxiety, but we will see. Also, our pediatrician told us that some kids develop faster physically and some kids develop faster verbally. Basically, some babies put more effort into learning to crawl and walk and some put more effort into talking. DD leaned more to the physical side.

Cycle/Month? 7/5 (1 loss 1 benched)

WTO/TWW? TWW (basically just WFAF)

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I've had lots of BFNs so this cycle is gonna be a no for us. 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: We took away DD's pacifiers over the weekend and she has done well with it. She still asks for it, but once we say no she just goes to bed. We put it off for so long because we thought it would be horrible and it was actually super easy. 

GTKY: If you could live in a fictional world (book, show or movie), what would it be and why? Hogwarts. Duh. I really love the idea of getting to have a job after school that doesn't involve me staring at a computer screen all day. I also love that I could use a wand to do the cooking. I feel like it would really improve my cooking skills. Plus, no more commuting because I could apparate! 

• wrensnestwrensnest member
    edited February 2018

Hey! I intro’d on the newbie thread last week, but thought this might be a good place to jump in.

@offtoneverland It looks like our DDs are close in age. Were you part of her BMB? (Also, my old AOL SN was Off2Neverland with some random x’s thrown in, because AOL, lol)

Cycle/Month? 2/2 (cycle has been all kinds of funky though)

WTO/TWW? Currently benched 

Ages of other child(ren)? 3.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Admittedly disappointed to already be benched (for weird blood work). It’s taken a long time for DH and I to feel like we were ready to TTGP (DD has major medical issues, so we’ve been waiting for her to be stable for at least a year), but I guess if we’ve waited this long, we can wait a little longer.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD has been doing so great lately. She can finger spell her name and arrange numbers in order from 1-10. For a kid with a lot of stuff going on, she’s doing amazingly well. Also, I wrote a manuscript for a picture book a while back, and I’ve finally worked up the courage to start sending it out to publishers. Fingers crossed something comes of it!

GTKY: If you could live in a fictional world (book, show or movie), what would it be and why? I’m with @Whitmore1027, The Shire all the way!

• @acciocoffee Haha isn't that how it always works? lol! I thought about doing it during DS nap...but that's usually my nap time too! lol
    @wrensnest Welcome! Glad to have another Shire fam here. lol. Sorry for the bench! That's rough. But that's some positive thinking! FX for your book! That's so cool! I have always wanted to write a children's book, but that's probably something that will never really happen. lol

• Also on team "wish we'd started trying sooner." Our RE recommended we start trying when DS was 10 months old and I laughed. We were still adjusting to life with a baby - nowhere near the point of wanting another! But we wanted the kids to be about 2-3 years apart and that definitely won't happen. If we're lucky, they'll be 4 years apart. I have heard good things, though, about siblings further apart in age such as less sibling rivalry, easier to give attention to the baby since the older one won't be as needy. And yes, having the older sibling drive the younger one around will be awesome!

Cycle/month: benched. Hoping next cycle will be the one when we start up again for cycle number 3.

WTO/TWW: Waiting to meet with the counselor next Monday so she can deem us worthy of donor conception. You know, after we've already done the DC thing and have a donor-conceived kid. *grumble*

Ages of other child(ren): 2 (3 in just a week!!)

Any thoughts on this cycle? Just chugging along. Annoyed to waste time and money on a social worker but oh well. Gotta brush that chip off my shoulder so we can get through it as smoothly as possible.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS is finally starting to potty train a little! He pooped for me twice yesterday but he's still holding his pee like his life depends on it. Seems odd because I thought kids peed in the potty before pooping. I'll take whatever I can get. But good grief, potty training is exhausting. I hate the whole process. Using diapers would just be easier, for sure, but we have to put in the hard work if we want him to go to preschool this fall.

GTKY: I would live in the Bachelor mansion. I would take W and we'd just kind of be extras and we'd get to enjoy the open bar, personal chef, travel, and amenities that come along with being a contestant on the show without having to actually compete. We'd make friends with the girls and gossip and start drama.
  • @Whitmore1027 Sometimes if it's been a few days I will have DH take DD down to play in the basement for 30 minutes just so I can do some yoga uninterrupted. Yoga is all about focusing on your body and breathing which, as it turns out, is very difficult to do when your toddler insists on climbing you while singing her ABC's on repeat. 

@wishiwaspreggo DD caught onto the pooping in the toilet much quicker than the peeing. I have no idea why. 
  • @acciocoffee That gives me hope. So far my DS has pooped in the potty ONCE, then promptly thrown the whole potty. It was.... bad. We're holding off until he learns not to throw his poop. 

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO I guess. My cycle is a MESS. My first period in four months lasted two and a half days, so... there is that. 

Ages of other child(ren)? 17 months

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I took some time off work to get in a better space mentally, and try to get my body functioning better. I am starting acupuncture this week, so we'll see how that goes.  

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS hasn't really been around other kids his age so I have been taking him to story time and just joined a play group. This Friday morning will be our first!

GTKY: If you could live in a fictional world (book, show or movie), what would it be and why? Bewitched. I want to be able to twitch my nose and make things happen, have my husband home at 5 every day, wear adorable outfits ... Basically Samantha is who I wanted to be when I grew up. 

• @acciocoffee Yes! That's great he does that. I won't even attempt yoga if puppy and DS is with me. I can't relax at all. lol
    @sassysweetiepie Our little ones are the same age!! I need to get him out around other kids more too. I am sad because I think he is going to be the "rotten" kid that pushes other kids and takes their toys... that's kind of how he was with his 3 year old cousin. Sooo...we need to start working on that. lol. I am going to look up some library story times around here. But I am worried about the flu this season, so I kind of want to wait till all that dies down. And way to go with starting potty training. I don't want to attempt that until way later. I don't think he is mentally ready yet. Although sometime cute, I was using the bathroom and he was in there with me and he right away grabbed some toilet paper, lifted his shirt and wiped his belly. I was like "that is close to what I do, good job observing little dude" haha. It cracked me up!
    @PensiveCrayon Congrats on the year since NICU! How awesome! Ball is the cutest word. DS always points out anything round and calls it a ball. That's the best! FX that your cycle gets into gear so you are raring to go when it's time!
    @wishiwaspreggo Not gonna lie, potty training was and is the main dread of raising a child. I DON'T WANNA! That's going to be me saying that, not my DS. My husband is opposite and has wanted to start since he was 12 months old and I was like "NO HE IS'NT READY! HE HAS TO BE READY!" Why is it so terrifying to me?!

• @PensiveCrayon DS is also all about "ball" it's adorable!We also have a dog named Jax so now every dog he sees he calls "Jax" (including our other dog, Geno).
  • @Whitmore1027 - What I hate is having to get up and down from the couch to the potty with DS just sitting on the toilet playing with his train while chattering to himself and singing songs without really making the effort to go. So I'm just sitting on the edge of the tub bored to tears and then after 10 minutes DS will say "All done!"  and hop off the potty with nary a drop of urine in the bowl. And then 5 minutes later he'll ask to get back on the potty. Like he has to go, but he WON'T go. I don't know if it's performance anxiety or what but it's just exhausting. Piss or get off the pot, son!
  • @wishiwaspreggo I only had one long weekend to potty train DD so I had to make it count. For the first 2 days we basically just chilled in the bathroom and watched videos and movies. I brought in a little tv tray and set my laptop on there. It was incredibly boring and my back was killing me from sitting on the floor all day, but it worked. 
  • @acciocoffee we've tried the intensive thing between Christmas and New Years when we were on vacation and it didn't work :\ DS is very stubborn. Lately we've been bribing him with prizes (got a bunch of silly toys from the Dollar Store). He is not at all food motivated (good thing since he didn't inherit my unhealthy appetite but at the same time makes it hard to find easy rewards for using the restroom). He'll do anything to collect more toy trains/cars/trucks so he poops or pees in the potty and he gets a new toy.

Yesterday he pooped in his diaper right before bed (definitely using diapers at bed time still) and he announced "Mommy, I pooped! I get prize now." Nope. Nope nope nope. Not how that works, kid.
  • @wishiwaspreggo Oh no he does sound stubborn! Well stick with it! My niece took about a year to get fully potty trained. 
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I feel much better about this cycle because I was able to inseminate more than once as opposed to last cycle when I was only able to inseminate the one time. I feel good about the timing too. Projected O day was CD15 and I inseminated on CD12 and CD15. I figure with that timing that if I O'd early, I'd be covered and if I O'd on time or a little late, I'd also be covered. It's not an exact science but I feel much better lol. 

This TWW has been less hard too because I've been so busy taking care of DF after his surgery that I've had 0 time to think or stress, so there's that as well lol.

Rant/Rave/Brag: My DD has been co-sleeping with me since birth and we're trying to get her to sleep on her own. Night times have been a bit hard because she's the most stubborn and dramatic child EVER. But she's actually doing so much better than I expected! Hopefully soon we'll have a kiddo who sleeps in her own bed all night. Fingers crossed. 

GTKY: If you could live in a fictional world (book, show or movie), what would it be and why? My gut says Harry Potter but I also want to say the world of the Dark Hunters, but only if I'm married to one of the Dark Hunters otherwise it's not worth it.

Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @kristah2 Stars Hollow! Why didn't I think of that? Love it. I'm not sure about your anxiety level, but I don't think temping adds too much stress for me. Sometimes I think it helps me feel better about a cycle because I actually know when I ovulated and can see how my body is working. But I usually will do it for a month or two, then I'll take a break from it for a little while. 
    @flyingmombula DD loves the PJ Masks and Batman! We watched the Lego Movie a few months ago and she fell in love with Batman for some weird reason. That's wonderful that your son is already trying to communicate more. I hope he keeps progressing with his new speech therapy!
    @elothair That's really cool about the school project, but oh man, it does not sound fun to have to spend extra time trying to help your kids figure all that stuff out. I'm not looking forward to that! But I guess it's a good way to get some quality time in together. :) Hooray for starting your blood work next cycle! So excited for you to get the ball rolling. I feel like such a pin cushion this week. I had my blood drawn 3 times, got a baseline ultrasound, and Friday is my HSG. Looking forward to the testing being over! 
    @acciocoffee The same thing happened with us when we took away DD's pacifier. I was dreading it so much, but it was surprisingly easy. We stayed overnight in a hotel on a short weekend trip and decided last minute not to bring the paci with us. We tired her out so much that day that she didn't even ask for it at bed time. It was crazy! So glad it was easy for you!
    @wishiwaspreggo Potty training is the worst part of parenthood. It was so so awful and so frustrating. I hated picking DD up from day care and having to immediately go home to wash out the wet/poopy pants waiting for us in her backpack. Good luck! I hope your son catches on quickly. And good luck at the appointment on Monday!
    @PensiveCrayon A 10-week work trip? Holy cow! Am I remembering correctly that YH is in the military, or was that someone else? Hope the 10 weeks go by quickly for you. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1 (still benched because breastfeeding and no periods)

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 9 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I've been contemplating weaning a lot lately because my supply is dipping. I've been supplementing with my freezer stash, and I'll run out sometime soon. I think I'm going to pick up some formula this week and start mixing it with breast milk so that he can get used to it. Then maybe my periods will come back!

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Is it just me or is this the longest week ever? I'm looking forward to the weekend. We'll be going to a nice little cabin in the woods. 

GTKY: If you could live in a fictional world (book, show or movie), what would it be and why? I can't think of anything other than Harry Potter. I'm trying to think of a fictional land that's warm, but nothing is coming to mind.  @PensiveCrayon, Downton Abbey was a good answer, but so much drama!

Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @Whitmore1027 We're in one of the only states still yellow with the flu, and most of the other mom's there are SAHMs too, so I worry about story time less than even going to the grocery. I leave him home to do that, lol! He was showing interest, so we figured we would give him the opportunity to explore the potty at his own pace. To be totally honest - I'd rather just change a diaper than deal with "But MOOOOMMMY I have to go NOW." #badmom
  • @kns1988 have you thought about trying to mix whole milk with BM around 10 months? It might be easier on LO instead of going to BM/formula then formula/WM then WM. Yoj can sort of cut out that middle one. And whole milk is safe after 10 months. Especially if you’re doing s slow transition. 
  • @sassysweetiepie Yeah that makes sense to not worry too much due to mommy's being SAHM too! I am definitely going to look into that. Totally understand about him not going grocery shopping though, SO MANY GERMS. That's why I love Walmart grocery pick up. I don't have to get him out of the car! LOVE IT. Haha, I am pretty sure many many moms would rather just change a diaper...I can't wait for him to be potty trained, I just wish we could skip the learning part. :D

• Does anyone else have a husband that is super grossed out by periods?! Like...he doesn't even like me telling him with AF is starting or anything. I try to be nice about it, but I want some sympathy and maybe some laughs about how I think it's causing me to be anemic (I was joking) and he is all "nope nope nope nope". DUDE grow up! YOU WENT THROUGH A WHOLE PREGNANCY AND BIRTH AND POST BIRTH ICKINESS WITH ME. WHAT UP WITH YOU!? Yeah my hormones are wack right now.

• @Whitmore1027 Yes! It's so stupid. He knows better now than to say anything about how gross it is because I usually chew him out. He used to get grossed out just by me saying I had cramps though. How is that gross?! 
  • @acciocoffee Seriously! Cramps aren't gross! He knew what it meant so that's why he thought it was gross. That's how DH is too.

And I am super nice about trying to be sympathetic to HIS feelings of me being on my period. And then I am like 

• Lol one of the nice things about being married to a woman is period talk! We both lay around and groan and describe what's happening in graphic detail while the other winces and nods and says "Yeah, I know what you're going through." Sometimes the talk will be about the clots (it's like a jelly doughnut in there) other times it will be about the cramps (holy shit, I feel like I'm in labor again). A lot of the times it's about chocolate and bloating. Being a woman sucks. I didn't realize how bad my cramps really are until I had a baby. I made it to just before transition before the pain finally exceeded my worst cramps. Lucky me. At least I was well prepared for childbirth.

I forget how grossed out men are by our lady blood. I dated men in the past and some were really sweet about it and sympathetic and tried to make me as comfortable as they could. Others would shriek "EWWWW!" I'm hoping to raise my son to be the former.
  • @offtoneverland Yup, military! He was deployed during my first pregnancy which, ssh, was pretty much the best thing ever. I got to lay around all day (I worked from home as a writer for an online publication) and watch Mad Men and read and bake...aah, how things are different with a tyke balancing on the back of my legs and yelling as I try to stir fry rice for dinner :lol:

@Whitmore1027 MH is pretty good about not being grossed out, mostly because I don’t have exciting enough periods to complain about them. I did have to send him for pads when I unexpectedly started my first PPP while we were stranded in Atlanta in December (don’t ask, ugh) and it was sort of hilarious trying to help him find the exact perfect combination of wings, brand, absorbency, etc, over the phone.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @wishiwaspreggo I spit out my drink at the "jelly donut". I will forever think of that, I thank you. Hahaha! I want to say that cramps are definitely to help prepare us for labor pains. They are very similar to early labor pains. I actually have irritable uterus starting at week 30 and I was contracting pretty regularly on and off and although they were painful at times, my AF cramps get WAY worse than those did. My labor pain was def worse though. I literally had butt labor and it was the worse thing ever ever ever. Yeah I mean, I understand how it can be gross and not the most fun thing to know about, but it's still a part of life. Of course my husband won't even fart in front of me. He was raised to be very much a gentlemen, and I wonder if that's why he has such a problem talking about periods.

@PensiveCrayon Haha! That's always super fun to explain to H which to get. For years in our relationship he was too uncomfortable to buy any pads or tampons for me. But he has gotten better about it. I now just screen shot what kind I like and send it to him. lol.

@sassysweetiepie How was story time? I just looked up all the times and locations for libraries around here a couple days ago. I'll probably be bringing DS Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. We went this morning to the infant - 18 month old class, and he loved it! The Tue, and Thurs will be the 12-36 month ages. Play time was after, and I have learned that if another kid takes a toy he wants, he screams bloody murder. Something to look forward to working on....haha! The only thing that sucks is that I live 25 minutes from those libraries. Our small little country libraries don't have many story times. But it's worth the drive getting him out of the house and socializing.

• @Whitmore1027 - maybe I shouldn't ask, but what is butt labor?! Sounds terrible :( I mean, labor wasn't any fun or anything and I definitely asked for the epidural but I also had Pitocin so that made the contractions way worse. But I only felt the pain in the front, and I could distinctly tell it was just my uterus. Of course crowning was its own kind of horrible but I was very lucky and only had to push 20 minutes. Delivering a preemie has its advantages, I suppose.

So I'm angry with my doctor. W had her blood drawn on Jan. 5th and we have our counseling appointment on Monday but we don't really want to move forward until we know her AMH levels are good. I called to see what was going on yesterday and the doctor said they never got the results. They told me I'd need to call them and ask them to fax it over. Okay, I mean, not like YOU could do that yourselves or anything since we're paying you obnoxiously large amounts of money for treatment, but fine. I called the lab and asked them to fax it. No response after that. Called again today and the doctor's office said they never got a fax. UGH. So I had to call the lab again to send the fax. When I was on the phone I asked the tech if she'd at least just tell me the number and she said "No, your doctor has to go over the results with you." It was just a number, for crying out loud. And she had it in her hands. It would've been really, really nice to know. Whatever. If we don't get a call this afternoon we're just going to have to go to the lab and pick up the results and take them in ourselves. I hate feeling like we're not a priority.
  • @wishiwaspreggo Okay, I am not sure if it's technically a term people use. Although I have seen it used once before recently and said (THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! LOL) The reason why I call it butt labor is because I really don't remember having any pain in the front or in my back. It was always pretty much right at my butt. Just horrible pain and pressure, my butt is the only place I felt pain. This was at 5-6 cm dilated. My labor story is actually super duper long but I had 3 failed epidurals, and ended up needing a C-section since I wasn't progressing past 6 cm, my water had been broken too long, and I had a fever so we were worried about an infection. But yeah. Butt labor. Totally sucks.

UGH I am so mad for you!! I HATE how inconsiderate they can be!! How hard is it to tell you that info over the phone? I really think you should look at any paperwork you signed at the very beginning. Because I always remember signing something about who is allowed to get information over the phone which is normally the person signing the work plus anyone else they put in there. So if you signed something that states that, then they should give you any information you want over the phone. Ugh so sorry you are dealing with that. 

• Well shit. W’s AMH is only 0.2. Normal is 1-4. She has DOR then... but I’m so confused :/ she responded so well to Femara. Only took 2.5 mg a day and responded so well she almost had to cancel a cycle. I just don’t understand. I thought with DOR you needed more medication to get a response. Could the results be wrong?

@Whitmore1027 That sounds like a big bucket of Nope!!!! I am so sorry you went through that!
  • @Whitmore1027 the worst part of story time is he gets SO MAD about leaving he cries the whole way home. Today we went to the children's museum, and he did pretty well with the kids there. Another little boy pushed him at he didn't understand what was happening, so he hugged him back. It was pretty hysterical. My son - a hugger not a fighter. 
    I'm glad you found some story times, I think it is good for them to be around other kids! I worry school would be too much of a shock other wise! They start optional Pre-K (basically town funded preschool) at age 3 in our town, it's crazy to think how soon that really is! Not this coming fall, but the next he'll start, since he is a summer baby. :*
  • @wishiwaspreggo Whaaaaat?! Was this her first time having her AMH tested? That's crazy especially since she responded so well to the medication. Did she get her FSH level too? I'm just now learning about all the hormones and whatnot, but doesn't FSH show how well you'll respond to fertility medication? I'm sorry for the crappy news. Seems weird for her to have such low AMH when she's only 34. I'm currently awaiting my AMH results and the wait is killing me...
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @sassysweetiepie I totally understand the crying when leaving DS does that too, but that's why I carry snacks. Haha! I pull out crackers, and he is a happy boy. To be fair it's usually snack time anyway. And that is SO cute that he hugged instead of pushed! How sweet! Perhaps he will keep that up and be an example to other babies. And yes, I was starting to feel bad about not getting him around other kids. We actually did a lot of library story times when he was an infant, but hadn't done many since he turned "toddler". So I am happy to get him around other kiddos! Yes! The whole school situation, I haven't even thought of yet. Since he was born in August, I don't know if we should put him in right away or wait a year. But HE JUST A BABY I DON'T WANT HIM TO GO. Why do they grow up so fast?!

• @offtoneverland Yes, this was the first time getting her AMH tested. I know nothing about it! We are shocked. We always thought she was the fertile one. That’s why I had the first baby, I thought I was running out of time. I’m older, heavier, and generally less healthy than she is. My period is very irregular, hers is like clockwork. I needed a lot of medication to get a response, and she hardly needed any. As far as I remember her FSH levels were normal. not sure if that makes a big difference with her AMH being so low though. It’s just a total surprise. I guess from here I am going to get mine tested because our doctor thinks we’ll have a better chance at having a baby if my levels are healthier. It just sucks though because we were hoping for a bio baby from her. Thought one more IUI would do the trick. If my AMH sucks I’m not sure what we’ll do. Ugh, this is not at all what we expected...