May 2018 Moms

Second Week of May check in w/o 1/29. May 5-12

Weekly check in for people who are due the second week of May: 5/5-5/12

How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday and why? 

Bonus second GTKY: Best/favorite concert or show you’ve ever attended.

Re: Second Week of May check in w/o 1/29. May 5-12

• @bjkay22 I was about to start this! Glad I reloaded the bump page before posting a repeat thread ha. (Plus your GTKYs are better :) )

How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?

26w1d. 5/6. Size of a slow loris  :D
    Mmm so far everything is okay this week. We got a lot done this weekend (boring house chores) and it made me incredibly happy. I have been an emotional wreck lately, so I'm a little nervous things have been going so well :neutral_face:
    Not till next month. Then have a growth ultrasound and our next check up.
    Hm. Maybe Thanksgiving bc of all the yummy food? This might just be bc all I think about is food now.
    My favorite Broadway show was The Orphans. I was uncontrollably crying afterwards for a good 5 minutes. It was so good, but had controversy (Shia LaBoeuf was spsd to be in it but was being a jerk to Alec Baldwin or something so Shia was replaced) so it closed early. I felt like it was such a good play and was really upset it closed early. At least I got to see it. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?
    25 + 2. She’s about the size of a baseball glove. Due 5/12. 

Feeling ok although I’m starting to have ankle/foot swelling. I ordered some compression socks so hopefully that helps. Hoping for a trip to Ikea this weekend (its 2 hours from us) for the first time to get our girl a dresser. I already picked one out online and I plan to select store pick up and buy it online Friday (you can only so store pick up if you can pick it up in the next 24 hours). So excited about that because she has clothes out the wazoo and I’m dying to get organized. 

No appointments until 2/22. That will be my last US, glucose test, and first 3rd trimester appointment. 

4th of July is my favorite holiday. I like that it’s low pressure and you can spend it however you want without feeling like you need to make an effort to see your whole family in one day. Also alcohol...

Best concert was when I was 13. My friend and I saw Justin Timberlake and Pink. I don’t even love either of their music but they put on such a great performance (Pink did an acrobat act, it was amazing). 

Best show was Wicked. I’ve only seen it off broadway but it was SO good. I really want to see it again since it’s been a few years. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @silverhope I always feel good after a productive weekend! 

Also I can take no credit for these GTKYs as I literally searched “getting to know you questions” before I made the thread hahah. 
  • @bjkay22 I think Pink is an extremely talented all around performer. That is so cool you go to see her do acrobatics live. 

And I have never been that into organization, but pregnancy is making me such a psycho about everything. I wish I had this motivation to keep organized all the time. Also, I really like Ikea ha. 

• @kpc914 I'm embarrassed I'll have to youtube some Joshua Radin songs, but I haven't heard of him :flushed: 
    I'm so sorry about your lightheadedness/dizziness and low blood sugar. I hope your OB can give you some suggestions on how to stop these spells from happening so frequently. That's really scary to be dizzy so often when we are already have a shifting center of gravity while pregnant. Would your OB be able to discuss some strategies over the phone since your appt isn't for another 2 weeks?

• @kpc914 love Joshua Radin! I listen to his pandora station all the time. Glad your dizziness is getting better but it definitely sounds scary 
  • @crunchyice Alternative rock is my favorite music  :) I like your choices. 

• @sandbar517  keep us posted on the glucose results! Swelling is a real pain. My hands aren’t having any swelling. I’ve found that if I drink about a gallon of water a day (which I was slacking on) my feet don’t swell too bad. I can tell they are a little puffy but it’s not much. So I’m REALLY trying to get a gallon in every day. 
  • @thunderberry Hope she's right and that you start to feel better soon!  For me, having my girls DEFINITELY brought back the magic and excitement of Christmas.  The first year might not be as exciting since he'll still be pretty little and you'll basically end up opening all of his gifts for him, but it still definitely makes it more fun.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @thunderberry I hope the chiropractor starts helping longterm instead of just a 24 hour benefit and then crash. I hope the physio clinic is helpful too. 

• @heelsidehero I hate fireworks now after having a kid... They wake him up every year. And we are in a decent sized town bordered by lots of other decent sized towns and we can hear them all and of course all the fireworks shows are scheduled on different days leading up to and after the 4th. So it's basically a 3 weekend time period that I cringe.  I also hate when major sporting events are going on and the local team wins, a la the Cubs in 2016. That night was insane. 
  • heelsideheroheelsidehero member
    edited February 2018
    @bwow615 yes! It feels like all summer is now free game for fireworks since our law changed that anyone can shoot them off now. 2 weeks around Memorial Day, a month for 4th of July, another couple weeks for Labor Day. And at 11 pm!!!  

Edit:wrong tag
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @heelsidehero perfect timing for our newborns too this year ;) they will get a taste of it right off the bat. Lucky us.