October 2018 Moms

PAIF (Pregnant after infertility) Support Thread w/o Jan. 29

**Stolen from September BMB

Let's get to know each other. Share with us any IF/loss background you would like to share and how things are going for you now. 

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here. 

This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. Check in any time during the week you have news to share or need support. 

This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread.

Re: PAIF (Pregnant after infertility) Support Thread w/o Jan. 29

• Heeeeeyyyyy guys! 
  • Loading the player...
  • pebbledampebbledam member
    edited January 2018
    @Sailing_Mama - (hugs) I'm the same way because I also got my BFP on letrozole + TI. It just totally doesn't feel real to me and I keep peeing on all the things. And the spotting makes me nervous even though the NP said it was totally normal. There are some pretty amazing IF warriors around here and I certainly feel puny compared to them. 

ETA My progesterone level was 6.2 at 12 DPO. Now I get to go pick up progesterone suppositories.  :s So nervous now. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • We TTC for almost 2 years,  started IUI in the fall and had success with the third round of IUI. I took letrozole and ovadrial for all 3 cycles.  It was hard to deal with TTC for so long because I got pregnant with DD the first time we tried, but that was 8 years ago and now I'm 35 (so old.... lol).  

I often felt bad talking about our struggles since we already have one child and while TTC took awhile,  it could have been longer and more traumatic than many people go through. 
  • edited January 2018
    Hi there. Took us 5 years, 3 failed IUIs, 2 hysteroscopies, and 1 round of IVF to finally get that BFP. My mom always told me how easy it was for her to conceive once they decided to go for it and said it would probably be a breeze for me as well. Not so much. Anyway, I’m 37 and DH is 34, married 5 1/2 years and so happy to finally be on this journey. Looking forward to comparing notes with you all over the next several months. 
  • @pebbledam At least they caught that and you can supplement! But I totally get the anxiety 
  • @Sailing_Mama I am with you. After my canceled IVF cycle I have felt so paranoid about everything. I keep convincing myself things are going wrong and its super stressful. I do love how much BW and how many u/s we get though for reassurance
  • @Sailing_Mama, you are definitely not alone. I'm constantly anxious that I'm going to go in for beta and they'll tell me my numbers started dropping, or there won't be a heartbeat, or... name an anxiety inducing scenario.

I think it's tough to snap out of because you're always waiting for that other shoe to drop.

No one should feel bad about their IF journey compared to someone else's. Every journey has its own hardships and struggles and those are all completely valid!
  • @zwink1 I know - I have my second beta today, and am beyond nervous... worse than the first one! @kiwi2628 You have yours today too, right? 
  • @kiwi2628 Woohoo!! That's awesome news!!! I don't do mine until lunch time, which means I won't find out until it hits the portal around dinner - such a long wait!
  • Hi ladies! MH and I have been trying since May 2016, and we just got our positive on Monday. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility and had tried 2 rounds of Letrozole+Ovidrel+IUI without success. This pregnancy is a result of IVF.

I am very impatiently waiting for the call with my second beta results today. I’m very nervous. I POAS again yesterday to make sure it was darker (it was). So I really need to just relax, but it’s really hard. I’m so used to things not working out for us. 

I listened to a Beat Infertility podcast yesterday - the one about pregnancy after IF. I related SO MUCH to the feelings they were describing. If any of you are interested I would recommend it! 

• @Kim41313 Thanks for the recommendation - I think I'll check that episode out!
  • limeburstlimeburst member
    edited January 2018
    @Sailing_Mama let me know what you think! 

Ughhhh my RE’s office closed at 1 today and NO CALL. I’m not super happy. I did try to call them just after 1 but of course no one picked up.  :(
  • koala1107koala1107 member
    edited February 2018
    Hi all! I sort of fit in here I think. I’m a hopeful STM, mmc before my D15 daughter. When I was pregnant with my daughter I was diagnosed with a septate uterus which made me high risk. Thankfully, with a good medical team and some hospital stays, I was able to make it full term, but to avoid those complications and more miscarriages i had a corrective surgery last summer. They didn’t get it all, but was told it’s no longer clinically significant so fingers crossed! Have been officially ttc since then but wasn’t ovulating, but letrazole and TI did the trick. On progesterone suppositories as a precaution and boy do I wish they weren’t red. I’m praying for a healthy and smooth pregnancy this time for myself and all of you! 
  • @halfanewt My first u/s is the 14th too!
  • @halfanewt I know!! I was pretty mad. I ended up calling the lab and I was able to pick my results up and everything is all good! Beta went from 491 on Monday to 1299 today! So at least I’m not anxious about it but still kind of pissed at the clinic. I’m sure I’ll talk to them tomorrow. Yay for scheduling your u/s, so exciting!ll 
  • I laid out a bit of my history in the regular intro thread, and some of you already know a decent chunk of it, but I'll give a short intro for everyone else.  We started TTC in March of 2015 (though March through May were more of a NTNP phase). 

We started testing in Oct of 2016, and I had always assumed any issues we were having were me. I have long, irregular cycles, and my OB had long suspected I have endometriosis, though that is still unconfirmed. So, we were more than a little blindsided when H's SA came back low on all counts. He spent months working with an RU, but we were unable to pin down a cause or solution for his OAT.

So, because some of my issues would have necessitated injectibles, and IUI was unlikely to work with H's issues anyway, we decided to move straight to IVF and had our ER in Nov 2017. After a few ER hiccups (which is a story for another day), we ended up with 6 freezies (not PGS tested).

Jan was our first FET and so far, this little one is hanging in there and I could not be more grateful that my RE didn't tell me to stop meds after beta #2. We go in for beta #4 today, and I'm hoping for another good increase.  

Beta #1 - 8dp5dt = 5
    Beta #2 - 10dpt = 9
    Beta #3 - 13dpt = 61

• @kiwi2628 That’s such a great website - thanks for that!

@zwink1 Keeping my fingers crossed you get a great beta number!
  • @kiwi2628 thanks for the link! 

@zwink1 FX for good numbers today!! 
  • @zwink1 are all of these beta tests standard procedure in your clinic? or are you paying OOP for extra ones?  my clinic only does two... much to my dismay and peace of mind. hahaha
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• zwink1zwink1 member
    edited February 2018
    @northbeach3, no this many isn't normal. They're only doing so many because my numbers started so low they want to keep a very close eye on them to make sure they keep increasing like they're supposed to.

These are all being sent to my insurance because while we were oop for IVF, this is "standard" pregnancy testing, so my RE thought it likely that they'd cover it.

Edit: fix language.
  • @zwink1 Yay for those numbers!! FX so hard for you!
  • Hi everybody! I haven’t left an intro in the introductions thread yet but I will! I’m 30 and Dh is 32. We’ve been trying for two years and had unexpectedly unexplained IF with one loss. We’ve done 6 failed iui’s.  We did Ivf this January and got a BFP, with one frozen blastocyst! With our last loss my hcg was never higher than 30, so i was so relieved that our first beta was 255 and 2nd was 550. Our first ultrasound is Feb 22nd. I am trying so hard everyday to choose joy over fear, but it’s really hard for me to not be super anxious. I had some nausea for two days, but now the last two days it’s disappeared. Anyone else have symptoms that come and go?

On a personal note about me: I’m a 3rd grade teacher, i have a goldendoodle I love dearly, and I love camping so we’ll see how that goes when I’m 6 months pregnant! Haha.

hi to @northbeach3 and @kiwi2628 from the Jan IVF board!
    me: 30   dh: 31
    dx: unexplained
    TTC since May 2016
    MC November 2016
    Summer 2017, started IUI
    IUI #1 - natural, BFN
    IUI #2 - clomid + trigger, BFN
    IUI #3 - femara + trigger, BFN
    IUI #4-6 - femara + follistim, BFN
    IVF #1 January 2018: 11 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 1 transferred day 5, 1 frozen embryo
    5dt Jan. 18, BFP 9dpt, EDD 10/6/18

• @pebbledam That’s a great jump! I’m so relieved, I was staring to worry when you didn’t update  <3
  • bump - okay PAIF ladies, how many sticks did you pee on this week? 

two for me this past week, mostly when my symptoms started subsiding.
    still two lines as of yesterday, now 5w0d today. baby steps, i guess.

also, was trying to plan my last vacation for july when my DH can take off... i wanted beach, but too many places that are still zika areas. looked up cruises on west coast... got excited about an alaskan cruise, then saw that they don't let pregnant ladies board past 24 weeks.  (and all the major cruise lines have this restriction). major boo.  back to the drawing board.

Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• Hi! I am Super tenative to post. We tried for a year to have a second. Went through testing finding out I have High FSH and low AMH. Told there was a bout a 5% chance of me getting pregnant naturally and maybe a 20% chance of using my own eggs. So my only option was to adopt or egg donor which we weren’t too keen on either. We decided to be happy with our one and after a few months i accepted the fact he will be an only. Now almost a year later I am 5w.. I dont have an appt till 2/27 so I am slowly going insane but luckily have DS to occupy me, he just turned 4. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @northbeach3 none so far - hadn’t even crossed my mind. Now I’m contemplating it, though! 

If you want sunshine and lounging beaches, California has some decent ones, depending on where you’re willing to fly. Also Hawaii :)

Bummer on the cruise line restrictions - the Alaska cruises are gorgeous! 
  • efavell02efavell02 member
    edited February 2018
    @northbeach3 I bought two! Only used one so far. I purposefully bought the cheapo, not sensitive ones so it would only pick up a higher level haha. I’m considering asking my nurse for a third beta because symptoms coming and going are driving me nuts. The only symptom that’s consistent is really achy breasts. My husband tried to crack my back today and I had to tell him to stop because my chest hurt so bad!

@Laumb11 that’s amazing that u got your second! So happy for you!
    me: 30   dh: 31
    dx: unexplained
    TTC since May 2016
    MC November 2016
    Summer 2017, started IUI
    IUI #1 - natural, BFN
    IUI #2 - clomid + trigger, BFN
    IUI #3 - femara + trigger, BFN
    IUI #4-6 - femara + follistim, BFN
    IVF #1 January 2018: 11 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 1 transferred day 5, 1 frozen embryo
    5dt Jan. 18, BFP 9dpt, EDD 10/6/18

• @northbeach3 I think I’m close to 20 total  :D bought them in bulk and have zero self control. Need to see that line everyday lol 
  • Haha @koala1107 I have the bulk pack of wondfos but trying to keep myself in check. If I feel at least one symptom during the day I try to skip it. Fatigue and mild nausea have been primary culprits. Think today was the first day I started feeling more hungry than usual. 

@efavell02 is it your entire breast or just nipples? I’ve had sore nipples since the trigger shot but the rest of the breast tissue seems ok. Not like when I have PMS and it hurts to go down stairs. 

@halfanewt I’m so impressed with your willpower. I forget, is this your first? If so, even more kudos to you. :))) don’t let our anxiety break your streak :)

• Lol, @northbeach3, I ran out early last week and have resisted the urge to buy more... Mostly because my frequent blood tests sort of relieve some of that anxiety.

@efavell02, it's so weird how different all of the tests are. I could not turn a Wal-Mart cheapie to save my life until after I was already 100% positive. On the other hand, those wondfos were coming back with super faint lines when my betas were testing below 10.
  • We wen through six failed IUIs and eventually got pregnant with our during after our first IVF cycle. We didn’t have any embryos to freeze and didn’t have the funds to start another full cycle so I was trying to accept that we would only have one child. Then BAM this morning I peed on a stick bc I was a few days late. And got a BFP. I am still in shock. Unexplained infertility really messes
    with your head. I got for my blood test today. I need it confirmed ASAP!