February 2018 Moms

35 and over Moms- January

2»

Re: 35 and over Moms- January

• I had to sweet talk my mom into not getting too mad at me for not sitting up front with her at her husband's funeral the other day. There were SOOOOO many people, and I didn't want to risk catching anything given this flu season. Luckily my brother backed me up and I sat in the back. It was a small safety bubble, but worth it I think. 

Also, induction date is set for the 31st. So he's almost here, whether on his own or not... less than 10 days omg!
  • Good luck to you tomorrow @clc515!  Can't wait to see your announcement!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How are we doing, ladies?

Still transverse here, some mild cramping and spotting last night.  I expect that means my cervix is slowly getting the party started.  Tomorrow's appointment & ultrasound should be interesting.  If the baby doesn't turn between now and then I won't be surprised if the doctor wants to discuss scheduling a c-section.  I think my septum is probably making it difficult for the baby to flip and the Dr. won't want to risk my going into labor and potentially having a cord prolapse.  I could be wrong but that's what my gut is telling me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck to you tomorrow @clc515!  Can't wait to see your announcement!
    Thank you! I'm so nervous and feel totally mentally unprepared! All the docs have said I've done well this pregnancy, but it's still not sinking in that tomorrow is it! Plus side... no more checking my blood sugar and taking meds for GD after tonight (at least til my 6 week check up). 
  • @clc15 You're gonna do great!  So excited for
    you to meet your little one - I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How are we doing, ladies?

Still transverse here, some mild cramping and spotting last night.  I expect that means my cervix is slowly getting the party started.  Tomorrow's appointment & ultrasound should be interesting.  If the baby doesn't turn between now and then I won't be surprised if the doctor wants to discuss scheduling a c-section.  I think my septum is probably making it difficult for the baby to flip and the Dr. won't want to risk my going into labor and potentially having a cord prolapse.  I could be wrong but that's what my gut is telling me.

Stuck in box!! :(

How'd the appt go?

I'm doing ok, starting to get pretty uncomfortable. Hip pain when I've been seated or sleeping is pretty intense but gets better when I am able to get up and moving. Swinging between days when I am crazy hungry or forcing myself to eat. I think I'm ready for her to debut any time now even if I still have a ton to do.. 
  • @atalante Same here on the hunger front.  One day I'm starving and the next I don't even want to look at food.

Yesterday's appointment was interesting.  When the doctor checked me I was dilated to a 2.  She jumped suddenly and exclaimed 'Oh God, I feel a foot!'.  Ultrasound confirmed that my previously transverse kiddo is now a footling breech.  She was ready to do a c-section yesterday if the NST showed the slightest blip.  However, my blood pressure is good and the baby's still cruising along so we were sent home with very stern warnings to come back at the slightest change.  If I have so much as a headache she wants me in L&D.  Looks like I'm pretty well guaranteed a c-section at this point and I'm anticipating it will happen any day.  I'd love to get to Monday & 38 weeks but I'm not going to hesitate either.  Cord prolapse is no joke and I don't want to risk it in the slightest.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Checking in, ladies... I expect most of us have delivered by now. Our little girl (yes, girl!) arrived via c-section on 2/7. How's everyone doing? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Doing well! Haven't delivered yet. My due date is this Saturday (24th). The board has been pretty quiet lately, but I've really enjoyed all the birth announcements and birth stories. My midwife says I'm dilated 1 centimeter, so that's somewhat encouraging. Almost there! 
  • 40+3 here, next appointment today where we'll schedule induction if there's no great progress. This week has been pretty hard... Sleep is all messed up, false labor episodes that are exhausting, and a lot of gas pains and nausea... But one way or another the end is in sight!