Meal Plan Monday 1/29

What's cooking this week ladies??  

Meagan
<3 Married 6.12.10 <3
DS 11.8.12
 Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18

Re: Meal Plan Monday 1/29

• Options
    I like, half planned this week, because I don't know what day I am making what, but I grocery shopped for the following meals.  I feel like as this pregnancy progresses I am just going to become more and more of a hot mess lol

Baked chicken with roasted sheet pan veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots), cous cous
    Cheeseburger sliders with green beans and tator tots
    Turkey kielbasa sausage with peppers, onions, and sauerkraut
    Spaghetti squash spaghetti, italian salad, garlic bread

We also have leftover stuff from last week to make Naan pizzas, so probably that again on Friday.  Friday is usually our pizza night, because well, I'm obsessed with pizza. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    We've loosely planned the meals for this week. My workouts are in the evening, so if we don't plan ahead we end up with takeout.

We have some leftovers from the weekend to get through, and then we shopped for these things:
    Fish with broccoli and sweet potato
    Stuffed portabellas with pork sausage and spinach
    Pork loin with baked apples and sweet potato
    Chile relleno de mariscos - repeat from last week but it was really good and the hubs wants it again.

@stlmegs spaghetti squash sounds so good. Also, I really miss chicken, but it's the one thing this pregnancy that I cannot be around in any form. Hoping that doesn't stick around forever!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing same!  I make it for my husband and son, but I have such a hard time eating it lately.  Same with pork or steak, or anything "plain" meat wise.  I can eat a burger, or anything with sauce on it, but just eating meat plain is a no go for me this pregnancy.  

Spaghetti squash is my five year old's favorite, so we have it alot.  I used to not be a huge fan but it's grown on me.  Do you have a recipe for your chile rellenos?  My husband loves those and I have never found a recipe that I love for them!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    We made a plan for the first time in months!

Tonight was creamy chicken with mushrooms, leeks, and noodles.
    Tomorrow is seared salmon with noodles.
    Wednesday is a cheesy chicken and veggie casserole.
    Thursday is chicken with mushrooms.
    Friday night is a lemon chicken skillet.

I just realized that that is a lot of chicken.
  • Options
    @stlmegs My husband has a green thumb (I do not) so he has a massive garden over the summer and grows all sorts of things to get us through the winter. I'm sad because we're through most of the squash already and only have 4 or 5 spaghetti squash left, all the other varieties we gobbled up a while go. Its literally the smell of chicken that I can't even handle, so I can't even cook it. Hoping that changes!

I don't have a real recipe because I tend to use whatever I have on hand and modify to suit my tastes that day, but here is what I used as a jumping off point https://www.thedailymeal.com/recipes/seafood-chile-relleno-recipe Pretty easy to modify based on what you have in your kitchen. I didn't have any chile de arbol, but wasn't feeling it anyway so we sauteed shrimp, scallops, bacon, garlic and jalapenos together and tossed that into some poblanos I had roasted earlier with whatever cheese I had in the fridge. So it was more chile rellano inspired, but it tasted good! Whatever shrimp mix didn't fit into the poblanos got tossed into the jambalaya the next night.

This week's chile rellano will be different because we have different seafood options this round. Makes it interesting!

• Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing so jealous of your husband's gardening skills!  My husband grew up on a farm so we occassionally get stuff from his parent's, but we haven't really gotten a garden going at our house.  Maybe this year we will!  

Thanks for the recipe link, I will try it out!!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    We made a plan for the first time in months!

Tonight was creamy chicken with mushrooms, leeks, and noodles.
    Tomorrow is seared salmon with noodles.
    Wednesday is a cheesy chicken and veggie casserole.
    Thursday is chicken with mushrooms.
    Friday night is a lemon chicken skillet.

I just realized that that is a lot of chicken.
    Hey when something works, it works.  :)  We eat a lot of chicken too.  What does in your cheesy chicken and veggie skillet?  May be something my 5 year old would eat!  Also interested in your lemon chicken skillet if you have the recipe handy! 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    I only had a 3-day plan but here it is:
    Monday- tofu "poke" bowls - these were sooooooooo good and had all the toppings except I used grilled tofu instead of tuna.
    Tuesday- chickpea lentil harissa soup (obsessed, I make it every week)
    Wednesday -cauliflower crust pizza (helping DH with his weight loss journey:) )
    Haven't thought about the rest of the week yet!
  • Options
    @kissableviv  what is in that soup???  I feel like I need to try it!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @stlmegs ask and you shall receive!
  • Options
    @kissableviv oooh thanks!  That looks delicious!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18