May 2018 Moms

First week due date check in (4/30-5/4) 1/29

ivyvines6ivyvines6 member
edited January 2018 in May 2018 Moms
How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

What are some small things that make your day better? (Shamelessly stolen from week three last week)

Re: First week due date check in (4/30-5/4) 1/29

• @ivyvines6 I'm glad seeing your chiropractor is helping! I'm sorry about the tantrums, I'm of 0 help with no advice... but I hope it passes quickly. 

How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?
    26+5, 5/2, kale.. a deflated basketball

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 
    Not too much, just work and an appt. No complaints about how I'm feeling. I usually feel great in the morning and just kind of huge by the time I go to bed. Rave: we bought our glider yesterday and it's supposed to arrive by next week! Rant: Work has been so incredibly busy lately (I'm thankful for the day off!). We are a small hospital (250 licensed beds) and every day for the last few weeks we've had 280-290 patients who need beds. So that doesn't work out too well. We are not allowed to turn patients away where as most hospitals in the area are, it makes no sense. Anyway, I work with admissions/discharges in my current role so it's been kind of a nightmare. 

I had my GD appt last week (which I passed thankfully), and I have a checkup tomorrow 1/30. 

What are some small things that make your day better? 
    Since my husband and I are apart for a while- facetime with him and/or texts! Definitely my morning coffee. The feeling after I workout. My silly kitty. Baby kicks!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO? 27 weeks, due 4/30.  Baby girl is the size of a head of lettuce.

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? It's a pretty normal week for us.  Just work and business as usual.  Still feeling yucky and I've had a drippy throat/congestion the last few days.  Rant- I have my glucose test this week and I have to present that night.  I am worried I am going to have a hard time.  I had a bad crash last time I had to do it. Rave- I had a really successful work moment on Friday last week.  I can't get into the details, but I felt like I did did the right thing and still maintained the trust of my mentee.

Any upcoming appointments? GD screening and my regular OB appointment are this Thursday morning.  

What are some small things that make your day better? (Shamelessly stolen from week three last week) DS getting ready for school without a battle (like today!  yay!), DH rubbing my back when I have to throw up and randomly putting his hands on my stomach to feel the baby, being able to get in a workout, and a good cup of coffee.

@ivyvines6 we went through a hitting phase when DS was around 2.  We just keep reminding him that he's allowed to feel upset, but he needs to use his words or get a grown-up rather than hitting.  Glad the chiropractor is helping.  I don't have SPD and I feel like it helps with my back or neck soreness.

@rachelg777 that's exciting about your glider coming!  That's crazy how many people over capacity you have had.  This flu season has been no joke.  
  • @ivyvines6 What type of pregnancy tea do you drink?

@mileswithmyles Congrats on the successful work moment! How long do you have between your GD test and presenting? I hope it doesn't cause any issues! I crashed pretty bad but felt better after a meal...
  • @rachelg777 I have about 4 hours in between the test and my next meeting and 7 hours until my presentation.  I'm hoping I can get it together by then.

@onesmallcoconut so jealous of your spa appointment!  
  • @mileswithmyles nothing a good nap
    won’t cure, right? :lol: 
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO? 26 +5, May 2.  Baby is the size of a bowling pin. 

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? I feel pretty good, pregnancy wise. Baby is big enough now that reclining is uncomfortable. Rant: DS is sick, we took him to urgent care and found out he has croup.  He’s doing much better now, although I now have a sore throat. Rave: I took a sick day today to recover.   

Appt on Thursday with my low risk clinic, I’ll get my glucose tolerance test results. I think I’m in the clear, the test was 2 weeks ago and I think they’d have contacted me earlier if I failed. 

What are some small things that make your day better? Morning smiles from DS, the things he learns every day and when DH drops by my office with snacks or beverages.  His job is mobile and my office is in his district. 
  • @ivyvines6 I have no advice. DS likes to hit to but not out of anger, just for fun. Hearing us say ow makes him laugh.  Little psychopath. 

@mileswithmyles good luck with the tolerance test.  I keep hoping that you’ll post that you’re feeling awesome and the nausea has passed :(

@rachelg777 I work in staffing services and our hospital has been in overcapacity for as long as I can remember.  It’s a strain on everybody!  Not sure if/when things will ease up. 

@onesmallcoconut sorry about the sore groin. It’s funny how we block out the aches and such after they’ve passed.