Success after IF
Options

FMLA/ Surrogate Question

Hey guys! I am currently in the process of IVF using a surrogate. Transfer will be in the next couple months ( eeeek! ) Anyways I will be able to use 12 weeks of FMLA after the baby is born. My work does not offer paid FMLA, I will have to use PTO. I have only been with this company for 6 months and PTO builds very slowly here. If I save all of my PTO until the child is born,  I will have almost three weeks of paid leave.  I was really hoping there was some insurance I could purchase that would pay during FMLA leave, but I don't believe anything like that exists.

Anyone have this problem before? and what did you do? ( I can not use short term disability since I am not the one giving birth.)

Thanks!!

Re: FMLA/ Surrogate Question

• Options
    Hi! How exciting, so much wonderful will happen. 
    This board is very quiet, but try pregnant after IF. Us ladies are very active there and a few of us that had babies have a post every month and there is a 'random' every month.
    Im not from US, so haven't any advice. But do look into pregnant after IF!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I don’t know how it works if you have a surrogate but even if you were pregnant to purchase insurance for short term on your own would have to be before you get pregnant. I had my first where my 6 weeks paid started 5 weeks before I gave birth and I was unpaid for my 11 weeks after my son’s birth. It was a struggle for sure but I chose to be in the hole then go back at a month when they requested me back. Since your not transferring for a few months you will have a good amount of time at your company before the baby comes. If money is the concern I just wouldn’t take off period unless necessary. I’m at a company where you can only use what your accure which is probably like yours. I get 6 hours every 2.5 weeks so I’m trying my best to not use leave for anything to save that for later on. Good luck!!!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi, my friend was able to purchase an Aflac plan several years ago that paid for her time off. I think there’s a waiting period though so time is definitely of the essence!
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion