April 2018 Moms

GTKY: How long did you wait until you decided to have a child?

I'm always fascinated by everyone's story in regards to this question. We all got to where we are today in so many different ways.

How long did you and your SO wait before deciding to have children? What made you come to your decision?

**This is a judgement free zone! Whether or not you were married/dated for years or had a bit of an "oopsy", we are all in this together! So, let's show love and support.

Re: GTKY: How long did you wait until you decided to have a child?

• Loading the player...
  • We got married when I was 27 years old, I knew I always wanted to have kids since I was little, I originally wanted 3. I talked hubby into being ready to try in September of 2014,I just turned 28 that summer.  I had wanted to be under 30 because of risk factors (looking back I realize how ironic that was). We started trying  and got a positive by end of the month. She was born Memorial Day 2015. 
      When she was born and going through ohs in 2015, I had sworn off having anymore. I was unsure if my heart could handle anymore issues. We ended up with a surprise pregnancy in 2016 ( we had dtd once and it was the only time we hadn't used protection since ttc dd )I had bought big sister shirts and everything but 
    Tw it ended in a miscarriage right before thanksgiving end tw. I immediately went back on b.c. once my levels were 0.  I didn't want another pregnancy and needed some time to emotionally heal. 
    In June I had talked my husband into trying again (realizing it was probably best for our family to try and give her a sibling that she can learn from and she can teach) and went off birth control at the end of June, had one period off of it, got pregnant the first week in August.  This will be our last child as I can't handle being high risk from the beginning of a pregnancy and haven't exactly loved how some of the obs and genetic counselors have treated me. 

• @rklinge0 I have a may 15 baby too! He was born on the 30th. So just a few days after your DD.
  • @luna8433 were you in the May 15 group?  My edd was June 2nd so I spent my time with the June group.  
  • luna8433luna8433 member
    edited February 2018
    @rklinge0 yes I was in the May group and occasionally peaked into June. I was due the 27th
  • We were married about 3 years, together for 8, when we began to make plans for children. We actually stopped using birth control right around our 4 year anniversary. By our 5 year anniversary we had our little boy. :smile:

After our son turned 1, we stopped using birth control again. We had been married 6 years at this point. Our coming daughter is due shortly after our 7 year anniversary.

• Started dating in highschool (1998) and married in 2003. Had our 1st in May 2010: A Boy! My unexpected hip fracture came in 2013 - exercise induced osteoporosis - put me in surgery on/off for 3+ years. Now, our 2nd is due April 1st (It's a Girl!!). Whew... #2 was a total surprise since I'm 36, had a billion pelvic xrays/CT scans that should count as a back-up method of birth control and I was on the pill daily since 2010. Yeah, an April Fools due date fits this pregnancy perfect  :) 
  • My husband and I have been together for 10 years. Two years into dating and living together my sister's twin girls (2 1/2 years old) were placed into state custody. This began the proceeding 8 years of relative care (back and forth). We always wanted children of our own, but could not stand the idea of bringing a baby into such an unknown and emotional situation. In 2015 we finally adopted the twins and got married (on the same day). We weren't trying and weren't not trying when life slowed down, then surprise!!! Our little guy is definitely worth the wait. We all can't wait to meet him.