April 2018 Moms

WTF Wednesday - 1/24

Spill it ladies! Who pissed in your cheerios today?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday - 1/24

• Loading the player...
  • @peppersmith22 same here.  They also ask me for IT help and I just tell them I google the answer and they seem all amazed like I performed some kind of voodoo magic. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @Dumbgurl04 Right? Like to be honest I thought most of the skills I have on the computer were sort of standard now but some people are really impressed by the simplest things
  • @peppersmith22 right! MH's degree is in computer science and he works in that field.  He laughs so much when I tell him they think of me as some computer expert because to him I'm nowhere close. 

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • That is sooooo funny @Puddlewonderful

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • nessa1632 said:
    @Dumbgurl04 and @peppersmith22 I recently had to watch an admin search for something on Bing which would have taken me 5 seconds to find on google (I think it was an iPad hdmi adapter) but took her 30 mins (!) bc who the f uses bing really?! It was like a slow mo movie; I couldn’t leave or help but didn’t want to be there.

i surprisingly don’t have a wtf for today so I’m living vicariously through y’all 

Omg my work computer is set to Bing, and it swallows a little piece of my soul every time I use it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hahaha @nessa1632 that is hilarious and awful. I have to restrain myself when im teaching people how to do things and not just hurry it all along

@Puddlewonderful that sounds like something someone would tell me at work! I mean really...
  • My WTF is our van. We bought it last year and Monday marks the second time we had to tow it. We now have to get a new transmission. Ba-Lah!
  • Sigh, MIL decided to spend 1.5 hours with my husband on the phone adding crap to our registry because we "didn't have enough".  WTF...DH told her he wasn't involved with the registry, but she went to town. I now have a bunch of noisy toys that I don't want and oh, because we are having twins....double it.  I'm pissed.  She means well, but she went about it the wrong way. 
  • @peppersmith22 That's really frustrating about your preceptorship.. Granted, it could be more work for them but also I have to imagine it's nice to have someone else to help out with tasks.. Hope you get it sorted out soon! 
    @Puddlewonderful I just love older adults.  :D My MIL just turned 60 (so not elderly by any means) but she always asks for computer advice. She maxed out on the number of bookmarks she could have on her web browser because she was afraid she was going to lose the websites/articles she might want to reference. She probably has 300+.. I doubt she'd even be able to find the one she needs if she even had to reference it.   ;)
    @g_amoss So glad you were negative for influenza!

• @knuttyplus2 I'd go back in and delete them! People can buy things that aren't on the registry if they so choose... I usually buy one thing off the registry and then maybe something else if I think it's adorable! You can always return those noisy toys after the shower ;) Although I have to say that having at least one toy that plays some kind of music for in the car was really helpful for us during our long commutes to daycare!

@dan0081 It is a lot of extra work for the preceptor! I had to find preceptors for three 8 week rotations already and those didn't take nearly as long as the 4 week one haha so I guess it depends on the person.
  • @knuttyplus2 I second the go back and delete .... that optimized the likelihood that you’ll get the stuff you actually want and registered for!
  • Wtf Thursday...sitting in the crappy labcorp after drinking my glucose drink and every time someone walks in the waiting room gets treated to another gust of 20 degree air...I should not have to be freezing cold on top of being all sugared up!!!
  • @scuba_chic I feel you! I'm exhausted and I've been wanting to eat crap again a la first tri! :confused:

@ngolimento Noooooooo. Hopefully last night was just a fluke and tonight is better!
  • Same @ngolimento although I still blame the damn radiators

i did have a wtf on the way to work- drove 40 mins in bumper to bumper traffic  with the person behind me honking at every stop. Literally. And she was texting. I used it as an opportunity to practice “the breath” but really.... like at every intersection that is grid locked. How is beeping supposed to help? There’s a reason why MA was found to be #7 worst states to drive in
  • @Dumbgurl04 MIL is hosting a shower and didn't feel we had enough on our registry for guests to choose from.  Whatever...there was plenty and various price ranges.  She convinced DH to add the stuff...he knows I'm upset.  I've been a bit moody lately, so I am trying to cool off before I overeact.  DH said I can remove items but to let him know so he can write it down since he worked so hard on the research and we may want it later.  Sigh, I may go the return option!!
  • @knuttyplus2 like @peppersmith22 said people usually buy something off your registry and then might buy something they like.  I know I got a ton of things I didn't register for.  I think your MIL needs to relax. 

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @Dumbgurl04 - I moved a couple items into DH's wish list on Amazon so they wouldn't get lost.  Best of both worlds to keep the peace... for now way.  :)