July 2018 Moms

Meal Plan Monday

Anybody?  

Meagan
<3 Married 6.12.10 <3
DS 11.8.12
 Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• I'm gonna try this one more time and see if there's any takers.  :)

Monday-Baked chicken, mixed veggies, cous cous
    Tuesday-My husbands birthday, we have a baby dr. appt, and kindergarten registration, so probably his choice of dinner out
    Wednesday-Chicken broccoli alfredo skillet
    Thursday-Shrimp stir fry
    Friday-Naan pizzas and salad
    Saturday-Long overdue date night!
    Sunday-Bacon wrapped pork medallions, green beans, salad
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Made baked lemon pepper salmon last night to top on salads, and Yukon gold fries on the side. Made a ton of extra fries to reheat throw on my lunch salads this week - made a huge Italian salad with cabbage, spinach, butter lettuce (can we eat romaine yet?!), cucumbers, red peppers, & black olives. I'll portion of out for lunches and add nutritional yeast/Italian dressing, maybe a little salami.

For snacks I've been digging these Millie's sipping broths, like tea but savory, and they good for mixing in Vital Proteins collagen. Also Larabars and fruit have been a go to snack - I am NOT normally a fruit person so this is weird for me!

Made a big pan of chicken meatballs from a recipe I have - ground chicken, diced carrots, soy sauce, ginger/cilantro/basil. Also made a coconut curry sauce to add to them with rice and arugula for a couple of nights this week, and will use the meatballs for pasta the other two nights - got jarred marinara and will add coconut milk for a creamy sauce + penne rice noodles.

i dont plan out to the weekend, so this is just Mon - Thurs  :)

• Loading the player...
  • stlmegsstlmegs member
    edited January 2018
    @ckmb_knottie that all sounds yummy!  Especially that sandwhich!

ETA Salad, not sandwich.  Also, I spelled sandwich wrong.  I am WINNING Monday. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Monday- I have no idea, probably take out since I feel like crap and have zero energy to do anything productive.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday- whatever is coming from Sun Basket, I don't remember what I picked but I know that all 3 meals sounded yummy so I'm excited. 

This might not qualify as a "meal plan" after all. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Monday - Baked or pan fried (haven't decided) chicken tenders, spinach Parmesan zucchini noodles
    Tuesday - Greek Skillet (ground hamburger or turkey w/ onions, orzo, tomato sauce, cinnamon, oregano, and feta cheese)
    Wednesday - Balsamic pork medallions & summer squash noodles (not sure how I'm preparing them yet)

Thursday & Friday I'll be out of town so I got DH easy dinner stuff to make for him & DS (bagel bites, chicken patties for chicken burgers, mac & cheese, etc.)

I got the veggie noodle maker for Christmas (it's an attachment to my Kitchen Aid) and this week will be my first time using it.  I'm a little worried that DS won't eat the noodles.  He LOVES zucchini and summer squash normally but I'm thinking that since he's 4 and picky the noodle shape will throw him off.  Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @runsomewhere That qualifies as a plan to me!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @amdftw that all sounds awesome.  I do ground turkey a lot in a mexican skillet, but I love the sound of that greek skillet.  I am going to have to try that soon! Do you think spinach and/or kalamata olives would be good in it also?

@runsomewhere I am excited to hear what you think about Sun Basket. Let us know what you make and how it turns out! 

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • This week's meal plan is to clean out the fridge and the freezer.  We've been eating out a bunch this past week so I want to save a bit and also eat some of the stuff that we froze. I'm out of town for lunch tomorrow and Wednesday so I plan on going on a healthy grocery haul on Thursday!

Tonight we're having gyros and veggie soup.
    Tomorrow night we'll probably do bean and cheese burritos and finish the veggie soup:)
  • Everyone eats so healthy! Lol. I have a lot more meat and potatoey type meals because I have to appease the masses.

M-Grilled cheese and tomato soup.

T- Mississippi style roast, roasted potatoes, salad

W- chicken Alfredo, broccoli, garlic bread (salad if we have some still) 

Th- Tator tot Casserole and a vegetable of some sort

F- Steak Chili and corn bread

S- Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, veggie

S- Crockpot Mac and cheese, chicken patty sandwiches, veggies. 

Im hoping I can eliminate the tator tot casserole and replace it with a date night but that’s improbable. 
  • @hillbillywife what is Mississippi style roast? Your Tuesday dinner sounds perfect for a cold, rainy day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hillbillywife I’m coming over for dinner tomorrow and Wednesday! 

@4deep that does look like a good kid friendly meal, and not too tough to put together!!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Here’s the link for the recipe for that roast!

https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/mississippi-roast/

I’m not sure what makes it “Mississippian” but it’s tasty. I don’t put the peppers in because I don’t really like peppers that aren’t bell lol. 

The chicken Alfredo is my all time favorite ever. But it is absolutely not healthy in the slightest. 

• DH is cooking all the meals this week. Except yesterday because we resorted to take out because of a time crunch.

Monday-take out
    Tuesday-Mabo tofu and rice
    Wednesday- pasilla peppers stuffed with seafood
    Thursday-jambalaya
    Friday- fish, sweet potato, broccoli
    Saturday-dinner with my mom at my fav place
    Sunday- rice, sauteed kale with sesame, pork stir fry

• Everything sounds so good but we tend to fail a meal preps :disappointed:
    @runsomewhere how do you like the sun basket? We’ve thought about doing something like this but it can get expensive.
  • @wildtot I just posted about it in the what I'm eating thread. I guess it would have been a better fit here.

While we liked the meals so far I did cancel the membership. After your first order it's close to $80 a week for 3 meals and I would have had to love it more to want to spend that. I think we might try hello fresh.
    BabyFruit Ticker