September 2018 Moms

Weekly Questions w/o 1/7

2»

Re: Weekly Questions w/o 1/7

• @ropemaker They’re not finding out the sex of the baby. 
  • @ropemaker "Team green" means that the couple isn't finding out the sex of the baby until it's born.
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Loading the player...
  • lizzydptlizzydpt member
    edited January 2018
    @ropemaker team green means you aren't going to find out the sex until baby is born. Team pink is if you do find out the sex and it's a girl, team blue means you are having a boy
    Edit because I totally missed that people answered first. Sorry
  • Thanks! The other teams were self explanatory but I had never heard of team green before. So much to learn!
  • @meganwingate This happened to me with my 2nd pregnancy - spotting around 5/6 weeks and I had to take those meds. Everything turned out ok :)  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pourmeamocktail team purple is boy/girl twins, right? 
  • @megnwingate I had spotting with my first. OB advised it was likely nothing but for my peace of mind ordered US. Found a small subcutonic hemorrhage that went away on its own after a week or so. DS was perfectly healthy. FX that it's nothing for you to worry about.
  • Howwwww do I get a ticker code that works??? Someone please link me to instructions that even an idiot can follow.

Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• @Bear14+ I guess so, I mean that makes sense, but I just don't really love the "Team Green" name. Nothing wrong with it, it just seems weird to me. So in my head I think of it as team purple, because purple is blue + pink, so it gives the nod to both. Idk, it just sounds more authentic to me, for no reason at all. I mean, yeah, it also makes a ton of sense for b/g twins. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m a FTM and am wondering are baby classes absolutely necessary?
  • lagygin said:
    I’m a FTM and am wondering are baby classes absolutely necessary?
    They’re not absolutely necessary, but they can be very helpful. I’m an RN and occasionally do L&D and post partum care and DH and I still did prenatal classes with our first. I learned lots of great tips and my husband listened to every little detail as I think we forget for the most part most guys don’t routinely talk post partum care in the locker room! I found the class on breastfeeding most informative. It’s up to you how informed you would like to be before baby comes, and I personally would rather sit and listen and have someone to ask questions to than read it from a book. Plus this app is of course very helpful! 
  • @lagygin I took a L&D class and felt it was very informative for me and H. I think I would have been a lot more nervous not having gone. I recommended to my BFF who was terrified of labor. She was still freaking out, but I think it helped her too. 
  • @lagygin I took a class through the hospital we were using and it was nice to get specific information about when they want you to call or come in during labor and the nurse teaching the class was around while we were there so that was nice. If you don't want to do a full class your hospital might do an open house type event with tours and people to answer questions
  • Wondering if someone can help me with a question about due date since I don't see my doc for a few more weeks. I'm a bit confused about how far along I really am. If I calculate my due date by LMP (12/15), I am 5 weeks, 1 day. Problem is that the typical due date calculation assumes a 28 day cycle. I was tracking and I know I ovulated around day 20 which would have meant a longer cycle (32-33 ish days for me) if I hadn't gotten pregnant. To me it seems like standard due date calculation assuming a 28 day cycle is almost a week off for me. Any suggestions? Should I calculate my due date by standard LMP or factor in my longer cycle. The two due dates I have now are 9/21 or 9/26.

I know I'm probably over thinking this but I'm a FTM who likes attention to detail. :smile: No matter what, I know my Mom and sister are going to be really excited when we tell them. Their birthdays are 9/25 and 9/30.
  • @jaylii In my experience they don't use the LMP date and use the first dating ultrasound date. In my last pregnancy there was 5 days in between the two and in the end I was still 2 weeks overdue from that. 

• @jaylii I also ovulated on CD20, so I know I’m not as far along as my LMP suggests. You just add two weeks to the time that has elapsed since O to calculate how far along you are. There are also lots of online calculators that use O date if you don’t feel like doing the math.  ;) Not every OB does a routine dating US (mine does not), but when I mentioned my late O, they did order one, albeit not until the 29th when I’ll be 9 weeks  :| It is probably worth a mention at your first visit. They will want an accurate due date (so that when you go “late”, they know it’s not really late). 
  • @sarahmsoda @Wishilivedinflorida Thanks for the answers, ladies! Sounds like my thinking is correct. I'm seeing my midwife at 8 weeks and I know they don't do a dating ultrasound at that appointment. I will have to ask her about it and see if I can have a dating ultrasound done.
  • @jaylii my OB goes by LMP (never asked length of cylce) and then adjusts based on US. For my first, LMP due date was Aug 1. US changed that to 6th. At my 20wk US, they mentioned that it should be adjusted by 1 day but we're not going to bother. He ended up coming on the 4th.
  • @jaylii I second the ladies.  I would tell your mw your ovulation date since you know it and they can factor in the extra week to your EDD. Otherwise you run the risk of additional intervention faster if you go “late” based on lmp. 
  • @jaylii with my first I knew the day we conceived, and since I had GD, they started talking about early induction. I was nervous (and a bit OCD) and my MW wouldn’t change the due date (even though dating ultrasound ageees with my date), so at one of my appointments, I told the nurse that my LMP was actually later (one that coincided with my O date based on the standard calculator). 

Looking back, i may have made too big of a deal, but we were scheduled to induce and that would have put her at 38 weeks instead of 39. 

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got a BFP on a FRER on Jan. 20th. I had my blood drawn on the 22nd and they said my levels are at a 49. I took a clear blue today and the lijne is super faint. Anyone else have slow rising HCG? I'm trying not to get worried, but I've been crampy and of course my mind goes there.
  • @jaylii got to perinatology.com then select the due date calendar.
  • @jshavalier6 I never had betas drawn but with my first it was a faint line for a while (I tested daily to watch the line get darker) and now DD is 14 mo. It can happen!

@lagygin I would recommend infant first aid and cpr, and we also had a car seat tech come teach us how to install the car seat AND properly strap the baby in. You’d be amazed at how many people do this incorrectly. The highway patrol in many states will also show you how to install car seats but in my experience the appts book up fast and they didn’t show DH how to properly strap in the baby. Other recommended classes are a lactation class (even before baby is born) and a birthing class. We discovered that it was the same price to get a shorter private class tailored to our needs then a longer group class. My sister just delivered (and was also at my 1st delivery) and there were so many things where she said “wow, I didn’t know that” but I was prepared for since I had taken the class.