August 2018 Moms

UPDATE *TW ultrasound did not go well

canadianmom89canadianmom89 member
edited January 2018 in August 2018 Moms
i had a dating ultrasound today, however I knew I had to be at least 8 1/2 weeks probably even further along. Of course the sonographer couldnt say much but she went out to talk to the doctor and came back and said that they would like to see me again in two weeks since this is a dating ultrasound and it could still be early. From what I could see/ tell there was no heart beat and the word “yolk sack” came up On the screen. The yolk sack should be gone by 4-5 weeks, right ? 

Im completely devastated and don’t know what to think, this will be my first loss. I’ve been nauseous and even throwing up and I’m just so mad at my body right now . 

Update: first, thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately, I just got a call from the doctor and my numbers have gone down. They are going to try to rush the ultrasound ( god love the Canadian healthcare system but rush is not a term it understands) so we will see what happens. They won’t do anything without a second ultrasound to confirm but my doctor said with my loss of symptoms and the number dropping so much to not except a good outcome. 

I feel devastated and mad and just want to crawl out of my own skin because if the fetus really did stop developing at 6 weeks and I’m now supposed to be 10, I just don’t understand why I haven’t had any loss symptoms, not a single cramp or spot of blood. 

my husband and I are supposed to go to Florida in a few weeks for a graduation/ anniversary trip so hopefully everything will be taken care of by then and we can use the trip to heal and start over. 

I wish you all all the best for happy and healthy pregnancies! Thank you for all the support 

Re: UPDATE *TW ultrasound did not go well

• I'm so sorry. I hope it was just a weird fluke and your scan two weeks from now goes well. Keep us posted.
  • I’m sorry your going through this. At 7w there was still a yolk sac on the ultrasound for me. Are you calculating that you’re 8.5 weeks based on period or were you tracking ovulation?
    TTC since Jan2011
    BFP#1 11-23-2011 EDD 08-01-12 -- early miscarriage 11-27-2011 @ 4W4D
    DX hashimoto's hypothyroidism Jan2012
    BFP#2 5-14-2012 EDD 01-21-13 -- early miscarriage 05-17-2012 @ 4W3D
    BFP#3 7-15-2012 EDD 03-29-13
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @baby&thesea I know my ovulation date. I just kind of fibbed to the doctor to get the dating ultrasound. I knew from my previous pregnancy if you’re cycles aren’t regular they will send you for a dating us and my cycles are between 24-32 days but I actually ovulated right at 14 days that cycle so I guess looking at the calendar I should have been 9 weeks today 
  • Im so sorry and sending you hugs.

• Sorry your appointment didn't go well today.  Hoping for a better outcome at the follow up!
  • I'm so, so sorry you're going through this. Fingers crossed that you get answers soon so you can find peace. All the hugs and well wishes coming your way!
  • Hoping you get better news at your follow up. We just had an ultrasound and at almost 9 weeks there is still a yolk sac so don't lose hope yet. Thoughts and prayers for you.
  • That sounds so difficult. I know it will be a tough two weeks waiting, but try to relax and be good to yourself. We're here for you. 
  • Im so sorry :-( I hope it was a fluke

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• UGH! Not receiving any information of value has got to be so stressful. I'm sorry you don't have any answers yet. Best of luck, and keep us updated if you get new information.
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So so sorry to hear this. Really hoping it is a fluke and you get better results at the follow up! Hugs!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m so sorry you are going thru this. Your doctor hasn’t given up. There’s hope. Praying for you. 
  • I'm so sorry and I hope it doesn't mean it's over. I can't imagine how long the next two weeks will feel - thinking of you.

• I believe the yolksac is visible until week 10 FX for you that your next ultrasound goes better
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • So sorry and hoping you get good news at your follow up! 
  • I’m sorry that you are distressed. As a note, the yolk sack doesn’t go away until around 10 weeks. The fact that they want you to come back to check again means that it’s early to give up hope. T&P!
  • @quinnsmom21 oh no I’m so sorry to hear this. I have everything crossed that you will get good news at your follow up appointment. My first ultrasound at 8w showed the yolk sac. Hugs, sweetie.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry, these appointments can be so stressful.  I wish they would communicate clearer!  We still saw the yolk sac at our 8.5w appointment and my OB said it would be gone by the next U/S and that's when we would see the placenta instead.  I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a positive update!
  • Ugh I'm so sorry! Is there any possible way to call your OB or try and get in to discuss the results?

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Sorry you had a bad visit, but the yolk sack is visible on the ultrasound until at least 10 weeks.  I saw mine this week at 7w5d.  If they want to see you again in a few weeks they must not think this was definitely bad news.  Hope it works out for you!
  • I’m so sorry you’re going through this! Fingers crossed that the next ultrasound shows a lot of growth. 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself. Hugs.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Oh no! Hopefully the dating is a bit off, or it was having too much fun in the fallopian tube and took longer to implant.

From my reading the yolk sac sticks around till ~10 weeks when the placenta takes over. Try to stay positive and keep us updated. 
  • I’m so sorry that you’re in limbo and stressed!

did your doctor order lab work to be done? at least with betas, they can tell you where you’re at and if they’re increasing. I would ask to do this, if not. I would not be able to go through two weeks not knowing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry you are going through this. I will keep my FX for good news at your next appt. We are here for whatever you need in the next 2 weeks. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• I am so sorry you are going through this :(

• I’m sorry your apt didn’t go well. Hopefully everything is better at the next one! Fingers crossed and I will keep you in my prayers. 
  • I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I’m keeping FX for some good news at your follow-up.
  • @quinnsmom21 I’m so sorry you’re going through this! I know Exactly how you’re feeling. With this pregnancy, based on my lmp I should Have been close to 9 weeks at the first ultrasound. But I know When I ovulated and I should Have actually been 6+3. Well during the ultrasound they couldn’t even date it because it was measuring so small. All they saw was a gestational and yolk sac. Even my optimistic dr told me it wasn’t viable and ordered labs to figure out why I keep Having losses. I went Back a week later and there was a baby with a heartbeat measuring 6+1. And I KNOW when I O’d (I have A combined 7 years of ttc to back it up lol) I was Shocked and must have O’d way later than my symptoms lead me to believe. I hope You get good news!
  • Thinking of you and hoping for the best!!! Hugs!
  • I’m sorry you are going through this, I can’t imagine how stressful it must be not knowing. I hope your follow up brings good news! 
  • I am sorry you have to go through this! Sending prayers and I hope you have good news at your follow up.  
  • Just checking in @quinnsmom21. How are you doing? How was your beta draw for Friday? Hugs!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks @roadspeckle! I got some positive-ish news on Friday. My betas were 40,000 up from 3,000 just before Christmas. But of course since I have had no other blood drawn it’s impossible to know if that number was higher last week and now decreasing. I’ll be going again in the next hour or so for the second draw and should hear later on today from my doctor. Fingers crossed !
  • F47F47 member
    @quinnsmom21 good luck today. Thinking about you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mrslittlemacmrslittlemac member
    edited January 2018
    @quinnsmom21 Lady, I have everything crossed for you! Keep us updated!

ETA: I am so so sorry for your loss. All the hugs and well wishes, I hope you get your rainbow as soon as you're ready. 
  • Hoping for good news!
  • Following and hoping for a positive update!
  • I'm so terribly sorry for this update. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well.