November 2017 Moms

Breast feeding

13»

Re: Breast feeding

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited January 2018
    @dragonfly87-2 No, your body will adjust. But you may get pretty engorged and leak. Many working moms will pump then to build a stash. However, dropping the night feeds or going longer between might result in AF showing up, which usually causes a temporary dip in supply.  I remember you have a short cycle, so make sure you're keeping that in mind if you're trying to prevent another pregnancy. I know you said you might be OAD and I can't remember what the plan was for avoiding.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited January 2018
    @NYTino24 good point on the cycles and engorgement. After the abscess situation, I really want to avoid anything that might cause a repeat. I guess I will just build a stash!
  • Loading the player...
  • Holy moly, I just pumped my left side because DD only fed on the right and was done. I have been having her mainly feed off the right to ensure draining it and avoiding the abcess again. Well I got 4.5 ounces off the left side only, which is double my usual. I am weirdly excited about it....oh the joys of parenthood. 
  • @dragonfly87-2 - The first few times my daughter slept through the night I dealt with some serious engorgement issues.  Early on I thought I might be developing a clogged duct as well.  Those nights I actually woke her up to nurse so I could relieve myself.  It's less of an issue now.  If I have a lot of water right before going to bed, I still wake up fairly full, but not quite the bursting that it was at the beginning.
  • @curiousfool1 that's good to know. DD slept a 5 hour stretch and I almost didn't wake her, but decided to. She actually stayed asleep for the most part while eating and did a partial feeding.  She didnt truly wake until 6am and did a full feeding. Not quite sure when I will let her just sleep until she wakes. 
  • What happens when you finally get in bed and LO asleep before midnight? DH wants sex and LO wakes every 1.5-2 hours to eat. Lol

Hunter usually gives me a nice 4.5-5 hour stretch even if he does fight sometimes until 1am. Makes me nervous for going back to work.  1. Will I be able to keep up with feeding him 2. How will DH do with feeding him and 3. How will I function on so little sleep working 12 hour shifts?
  • When is this magical sleep happening? Ha! Graham gave me a glorious stretch, waking at 4am for his first feed. The next night it was 10, 1, 4 and 7. Almost there, maybe??
  • My LO is still super inconsistent with sleep. Last night he went to sleep at 10 after his bottle, woke at 3:15 to nurse and went right back to sleep then woke at 6 to eat again. The night before he took a huge bottle at 10:30, wok at 12:15 to nurse then 3 then 5. 
  • @MaximumEffort - Heaven help us, but I go to bed when my LO does.  I was never able to "nap when she naps", but I do go to sleep when she goes down! Granted, I'm going to sleep 20-30min after she falls asleep after her final feed because we're still keeping her upright for that long to help with the reflux.  It does help.  We're both also back to work, and up at 5am for the day.  We both work at home in the morning from 5:15ish - 7:45ish depending on when she wakes up for her first morning feed.

I'm very fortunate.  As fussy as my lady is during the day, she has been a good sleeper at night. FX! We're hitting the 12 week growth spurt and Leap 3 next week, so all that great sleep is probably headed out the window.
  • @curiousfool1 here too, I’ve been out cold with my son even if it’s 8pm. My 4 year old no longer naps or even rests so it is go go go from when she’s up at 6 till everyone’s asleep. We have a sitter tomorrow to sneak in a dinner away, Wild and crazy night, I’m sure we’ll be home by 9 haha.
  • @polythenepam Our nights are as you described, typically a 4 hour shift and then two 3 hour shifts. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Lately we've been going every 2 hours during the day. It's nap an hour, eat, play for an hour, nap...until bedtime around 730p. then we get a 4 hour stretch and then 3 hours until like 6a and then hell wake up at 7 ready to go lol.