November 2017 Moms

Check-in 1/7

1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you?
2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods?
4) For formula-feeding moms, how are feedings going? Have you had to switch formulas at all?
5) How is night sleeping going? 
6) Rants/raves/concerns?
7) Anything else you want to add/ask?
8) GTKY: Has your sex life with your SO started back up again? Heck yeah or hell no!!! 

Re: Check-in 1/7

• 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 8 weeks

none

3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods? 
    very good! Still nursing every 2-3 hours. I'm so glad I got through those
    first two weeks of engorgement and sore nipples!

4) For formula-feeding moms, how are feedings going? Have you had to switch formulas at all?

4-5 stretch from about 10:30-3:30

6) Rants/raves/concerns?
    major cabin fever and upset with my eating habits. I've always been overweight but extremely healthy and active. I can't say I am either right now. Went to the gym for the first time in months and I barely made it through the class. And then I couldn't wait to get home and eat...

My 8 week old is already in 6 month clothing! There are so many clothes that he didn't even get to wear!

8) GTKY: Has your sex life with your SO started back up again? Heck yeah or hell  no? Hell no. I feel bad about it, but I am not even remotely interested. My DH is a saint and hasn't even really brought it up. I guess it doesn't help that we are in separate bedrooms at the moment (I am with my DS and he watches out for our DD)
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you?
    8 weeks 6 days

Baby Kara has 2 appointments this week, her 2 month check up with our family Dr. On Tuesday then on Wednesday she gets her 2 month needles our family Dr doesn't do baby needles so we have to go to public health for them.

Feedings are going well and I have started pumping once a day.

Good she normally gives me a 6 or 7 hour stretch then every 3 hours after that. 

6) Rants/raves/concerns?
    I have been filing LO nails cause I am afraid to use nail clippers in case I hurt her. What is everyone else doing?

8) GTKY: Has your sex life with your SO started back up again? Heck yeah or hell no!!!  my 6 week pp check up had to be rescheduled for when I was almost 8 weeks. So DH and I did other things until I got the all clear. But once I was told everything is good to go it was hell yeah. 
  • Loading the player...
    6w1d
    Nope
    I am not producing as much as I hoped I would be, so we've started supplementing some with formula for her nighttime feedings. It's given me a chance to pump more to freeze, and DH will fees her so I can get a little more sleep.

Much better; she is sleeping for 3-4 hours around midnight, and then another 2-3 hours after her first morning feeding. 
    6) Rants/raves/concerns?

8) GTKY: Has your sex life with your SO started back up again? Heck yeah or hell no!!! 
    I'm almost ready for it to start up again. I know DH is too, but he's been really good about not complaining about it.
    6w4d
    I had my appointment for my abscess and got it cut/drained. It hurt like a biatch, but glad it's starting to heal. Today, I had to pull out the gauze that was stuffed inside it. It also hurt and was so gross....I hope this never happens again.
    Other than my abscess episode, it's going pretty well. Been working on havin DD eat more rather than multiple grazing style feedings. I have found burping her part way through helps.
    She sleeps a solid 4 hour stretch and then a 3, 1, 1. Always up for the day by 7am no matter when we go to bed.
    6) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    DD has started playing under her activity and it is so adorable. She coos, gurgles and sways at the dangling toys. 
    We have been doing other intimate things since about one week postpartum. I haven't had my follow up yet and won't for another week. I am also still bleeding, so a little apprehensive about sex. Probably will give it a try in two weeks or so. I really hope it doesn't hurt or that I am not super dry, I hear BFing can dry out the lady cave lol.
  • @kdw89 we were filling but it wasn't really working. My husband used the clippers and took a chunk out of lo thumb because he tried to do it when she was awake. Now we make sure she is asleep but it is still hard. 

11 weeks 1 day

none

nursing is going good. I have been pumping and dh has been doing one bottle a day since I only have one more week at home. 

sleeping is going ok. We usually get 4-5 hours the first time and then 2-3 hours after that. 

6) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    I am just anxious abt going back to work. 

8) GTKY: Has your sex life with your SO started back up again? Heck yeah or hell no!!! it has but very slowly.   It took me awhile to even be interested and I am struggling with body image which makes it difficult.  

10w tomorrow

Nursing itself is going great. Although my arms are getting quite tired, as she frequently insists on nursing (and bottle feeding while I am up and bobbing around, baby air guitar style. She finally is ok with bottles! She stared with them just fine, then spent the next few weeks fighting them with every ounce of her being. We increased the number of day bottle feedings the from one to two the week before I started work and that seemed to do the trick. 

It does seem, though, that she cannot tolerate dairy, eggs, or caffeine. With the dairy, I was completely dairy free during my 2nd and 3rd trimesters after realizing I could no longer tolerate even goat and sheep cheese. I tried adding that back in on Christmas and ended up dealing with increased spitting up. With eggs, she seems ok with baked goods, but the day after I made (and ate) chocolate mousse containing whipped egg white meringue she spent all day majorly spitting up. Caffeine makes her even more fussy.

She slept 8hrs three nights in a row last week! Pretty consistently she sleeps 5.5-6 hrs.  I’m glad she is sleeping mostly through the night now. 

6) Rants/raves/concerns?

i started back to work last week. My husband works for himself from
    home and is now her primary caregiver. Things seemed to go alright. We finally found a college girl to come over 2 days a week to give my husband dedicated time to work.  So far, so good. The dog is definitely showing signs he feels neglected.  We’re trying to have family cuddle time every evening. But it has been so bitter cold out he is not getting his usual daily walks and is starting to act up. 

We we got out yesterday for a great afternoon! A bar in Portland (ME; 30 mins away) has these monthly BYOB - Bring Your Own Baby - events for new parents to get out in a baby-welcome environment. It was great! We’ll definitely go again. It was nice to bring her out someplace where I did not have to be concerned she would disrupt diners if she started up her fussy routine. 

Well, we have been intimate, but i’ll not lie it was not entirely pleasant. I had an IUD places at 8weeks. It seems to have kick started my cycle.  I was looking forward to not having that for a while during breastfeeding, but c’est la vie. It would be nice to be intimate again, heck, even a good make out session would be nice. But there just doesn’t seem to be the time!
  • ) How many days/weeks post-partum are you?
    7 weeks 4 days

None this week

3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods?
    It's going good, but she breaks suction a lot and swallows a ton of air, I've been working on getting her to latch deeper, but she won't hardly. Very gassy, super colicky!!! If she's awake, 95% of the time she's crying :( soooo glad she's my last baby and wasn't my first or I would not have had anymore. But I love her none the less.

She sleeps great with me, wakes 1-2x a night to nurse, burp and goes back to sleep. 

6) Rants/raves/concerns? A colicky baby is So hard! 

I /we too have can fever. Here in Missouri it's cold, but at least we don't have all the snow. I can't wait to get outside. My poor son is going crazy inside. I know it will be here before we know it and an trying not to rush the days by as I know it's only rushing the days of my precious babes. But geez I can't wait for warmer weather!!!!!

Anyone have a double Jogging stroller? For a toddler and an infant? What is a good reasonable priced pick? Any brands to avoid?

Lol, yeah I got the all clear last week and it was actually great! After my DS last year, sex was terrible. It was painful and no amount of lube helped. This time after DD it was fine. Such a relief,. I know my hubby is happy for that. 
  •  How many days/weeks post-partum are you?
    5 weeks 3 days 
    Baron had an appointment last Tuesday. He’s steadily gaining weight so I’m happy! 
    feedings are going well. He’s a noisy but fast eater 
    He sleeps anywhere from 2-4 hour stretches. He usually goes back to sleep quickly so I can’t complain 
    6) Rants/raves/concerns?
    its so cold here! It makes getting out of the house a struggle 
    My 6 week check up is Tuesday so we’ll see then if I’m cleared. My husband is anxiously awaiting the go ahead, I can continue to go without-I have enough other things going on

10w 5d

I had a huge drop in my milk last week.  I initially thought it was regulating,  but I'm hardly getting any during pumping sessions.  So I'm supplementing with formula.  I had some milk supply frozen and that has helped also.  

Doing better on our sleeping.  Last two nights we had a 6 hour stretch.  Wahoo

6) Rants/raves/concerns?

I am going back to work Monday,  and I have been a wreck.  My SO doesn't seem to understand why I'm so upset.  I think he's afraid I want to stay home, which I do. I know we need two incomes.  Between the drop in my milk and going back to work,  I feel like a horrible mom.  

Ugh, yah,  I'm in hell no.  I'm not sure there is enough lube in the world.  Ha ha.  
  • @DungeonTrollMel Thanks, doing much better! 

To answer your question, DD seems to want to eat every 2-3 hours during the day now. I did have her every 4 hours, but now that she sleeps a little longer at night, she is going shorter during day time feedings.
  • @DungeonTrollMel my LO eats every 2-3 hours during the day with cluster feeding before bed. 

10w 4d

he had his 2 month last week. He didn't gain much weight in the 5 weeks but he had been sick and we found out about his dairy intolerance, he has grown a bit since we figured it out. 

I miss dairy!! I'm hoping he is ok with soy, hard to tell because he was back too normal then got the rotavirus vaccine. He has visible blood in his stool. If he were to need formula it would be an expensive kind,  I'd appreciate DH not bringing it up anymore.

4) For formula-feeding moms, how are fe
    edings going? Have you had to switch formulas at all?
    we get a 5 hour stretch then a 2 or 3 hour. 

6) Rants/raves/concerns?
    i know I'm depressed but I'm the angry kind oid depressed person and I cry. Cried so much this weekend and legit thought DH was having an affair,  he's not. And I always feel like a failing parent to my kids. 

8) GTKY: Has your sex life with your SO started back up again? Heck yeah or hell no!!! It's kind of been back. Been to tired for it or not in the mood. Maybe I'm strange but I'm turned off if DH can't find it in him to help around the house.  Also worried about getting pregnant again, I'm not sure I ever want to,  this pregnancy and postpartum have not been kind.  
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 5 weeks 4 days

I had an appointment for mastitis on Monday (caught it fairly early, phew) and am on antibiotics now. And right now I'm at my 6 week postpartum waiting for the doctor to come in. Kind of glad she's late so I finally have time to get on the Bump!

3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going? Baby reacting to any particular foods? 
    Going well! There were some struggles for a couple days with clogged ducts on one side and pain, but it's a lot better now.

He was doing 4.5-5 hour stretches, but with the mastitis I had to nurse as often as possible so he's back to about 3 hour stretches. Hoping to improve again soon!

6) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    He started smiling a few days ago and it is amaaaazing. :-D Really makes the days easier.

8) GTKY: Has your sex life with your SO started back up again? Heck yeah or hell no!!! We've had some fun but I haven't been cleared yet for sex-sex. I'm guessing we'll start back up in a couple days; yay!
  • @YesOuiCan sorry to hear about the mastitis, glad you caught it early. Also, you are right, the smiles make the days (and middle of the night wake ups) much easier. 
  • @MaximumEffort sorry you are having a hard time right now with your depression and the baby’s diet. I have struggled with depression and it’s so hard. I’m sure you are an amazing mom - it’s so hard to see that in the day to day though. I swear I go to bed every night replaying all the moments I lost my cool or hot upset with DD. Mom guilt is the worst.

• @YesOuiCan baby smiles are the best.  Sorry you had struggles with mastitis.  I feel like I've been lucky to not have dealt with it.   
    @MaximumEffort sorry things have been so rough for you.  It sounds like you are doing the best you can and you are being a great mom but I understand that it is hard to see through the depression. Hang in there. 

Anyone else obsessing about baby meeting developmental milestones? I feel like every day I find something new to worry about and sometimes it isn't even rational. 
  • @angkay711 if you continue to find yourself with worsening irrational worries, please keep an eye out for post partum anxiety. That’s exactly how it manifests: irrational worries about all sorts of things, not even baby related 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

11w 2d

none. 

It’s still going well. Getting permission from the PED to drop a pumping session has lifted a huge weight and I’m appreciating the extra sleep. I’m still pumping more than he’s eating in the 2 daily bottles but yet I still worry about my supply. Silly.

4) For formula-feeding moms, how are fe
    edings going? Have you had to switch formulas at all?
    we’ve gotten a couple nights with a 4ish hour stretch but then it’s usually every 2 hrs after that. 

6) Rants/raves/concerns?
    i am still struggling with managing the 2 kiddos by myself on days when DD doesn’t have school. LO doesn’t like to be put down during the day. I need to get better about putting him in the carrier.

8) GTKY: Has your sex life with your SO started back up again? Heck yeah or hell no!!! I was cleared a couple weeks ago but the doc was unable to do my iud so we haven’t gone there yet. I know DH is eager but I’m not there yet. 
  • @angkay711 I haven't even looked at milestones. I'm happy that he is interacting with us and happier with the right diet. 
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited January 2018
    @curiousfool1 Do you have a boba wrap or something similar? I just learned and tried feeding DD while in it. Totally feasible. Might help when holding her during feedings.

https://boba.com/pages/how-to-nurse-in-a-baby-wrap
  • @dragonfly87-2 I have a mint wrap, and just watched a video on how to nurse in the wrap. Trouble will be to get/have it on when she needs to nurse in the first place. 
  • @curiousfool1 does your LO get too worked up when its time to nurse for you to put it on. DD spends about 75% of the day in the boba wrap because it keeps her from crying and keeps my sanity/allows me to do things, lol.
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 7 weeks 

We went to the pediatrician and she determined DS is diary intolerant and has reflux. I'm cutting diary,
    casein, and whey out of my diet (super hard!) and we will see if we notice a difference in a week before starting Zantac. 

See previous question

Still the same. I tried to have him sleep in his cosleeper last night and he was not having it, but he did lay in there for a while. I felt terrible that he was crying and he was so mad at me when I took him out. He was angrily scratching me and "yelling" as if lecturing me to make sure I knew how angry he was. Once DH came in an plugged in his phone, the light seemed to make a big change. He was suddenly my happy boy and he even started babbling and interacting with me. 

6) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    I cried a couple of times yesterday. Once was when DH took a pic of me and DS and I said that I didn't like how I looked (because I have only dried my hair once since he was born and rarely wear makeup anymore). Then later I told him I was wrong and asked him to keep taking pictures, and doing it more often because I was sad I didn't have many pictures of us after his birth and none during it since I was in such rough shape.

How long has everyone decided to wait to try again for their next baby? We tentatively said we will wait until DS is a year old since I will be 35, almost 36 at that point. I am not going back on birth control.

We haven't tried yet. LO is in our bed and won't sleep off of one of us. Plus, DH has been sick with the flu. Between him working overtime before that, him sleeping on the couch for a few days when he was contagious, and taking medicine that makes him drowsy, it hasn't even been much of a thought... 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 sorry its been a rough couple of days. Hopefully the diet change will bring an easier time with feeding. 

For the light situation you mentioned, you might consider getting a soft night light that is motion sensored or can be left on. I bought one off Amazon for $10 and love it. I can feed DD at night and it doesnt wake up DH since we are all in the same room and if DD is restless, I can leave it on so she stays calm (she likes to look around) but we can sleep without being bothered. 

Also, I hear on the photo situation. I want pics but I look like a mess and haven't straightened my hair in weeks. 

To answer your question, we are thinking about being one and done. Havent finalized it but plan to revisit after DD turns one. I dont want to go back on birth control but I also dont want to use condoms or track ovulation. So probably need to find a birth control option. 
  • @NYTino24 I hope the dietary changes work for you, but if it helps, my LO also has reflux and we recently started Zantac and I feel like I have a completely different kid. Good luck either way!

9 weeks, 1 day

Feedings are going well. I really feel that the Zantac has helped her. Before, she cried all the time. She never seemed comfortable and I could never put her down. Now, she doesn’t spit up her entire meal and she can lie on her back and play just fine. 

Baby still sleeps on me. She still nurses every 2-2.5 hours. I will sometimes 3 hours on a good night. She also struggles to go back to sleep after her 3 am-ish feeding. That’s been rough. 

6) Rants/raves/concerns? 

My LO doesn’t smile much. She just started at 8 weeks which is much later than my older kids. I have to work really hard to get a smile, though she seems to be very interested in what I’m doing. I don’t know if she is just a more serious baby, but it freaked me out that it took her so long to start. 

We have slowly started back up, but we aren’t where I’d like us to be. I guess three kids makes getting it on pretty difficult lol. 
  • @NYTino24 we used to keep a lamp on in our room but we recently switched to a sound soother machine we were given that also does projections on the ceiling for baby to look at. It makes a great soft night light and night be something your LO would enjoy. 

myBaby SoundSpa Lullaby Sounds & Projection, Plays 6 Sounds and Lullabies, Image Projector, Auto-Off Timer Perfect for Naptime, Adapter Operated, MYB-S305 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5CS4RQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_pgUwAbWD5V9QJ
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• @dragonfly87-2- exactly. She’s big enough now, with good enough head control for me to switch her from the newborn position to the hug hold with her legs out. Gotta practice that one more!
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 8 week 2 days 
    2 month appt Friday. She did great. She got 4 shots and only cried for a few seconds.
    She us doing well on enfamil newborn ready to feed bottles. We don't use the formula in the can because I tasted it and it taste awful. 
    She does good at night she sleeps from 10pm to 2am then 2am to 7am. So we only get up once at night to feed.
    6) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    nope 
    Her baby acne went away and her face is back to her normal beautiful complexion.
    8) GTKY: Has your sex life with your SO started back up again? Heck yeah or hell no!!! Not yet. I had my mirena IUD placed in week before last and the doctor said to wait 2 weeks. So I will be good as of this Friday. But then my husband comes home last week and is like I think I want another baby.. I'm like really? But we will wait at least a year to make sure that's what we both really want.
  • @littlemissc17 my baby doesn't smile much either.  She is is 2 months as of Thursday. I think it's just her personality though because she also gives us really evil looks 75% of the time. At her 2 month appt the doctor tickled her and jumped around until she finally smiled. She didn't see a need for concern at this time 

• @sml1982 thank you for the reassurance. My little girl gives evil looks a lot too! 
  • @NYTino24
    About trying for another baby.  I'm 36 almost 37, with some fertility issues.  My doctor advised me not to wait.  Said to give it a couple of months.  It took us 18 months and 6 IUIs. I'm really nervous to try so soon,  but also scared to miss our window.   
  • @fishakris I feel the same way. I will be 36 this year and afraid I will miss my window as well but I'm scared to try too soon because I don't want 2 babies in diapers.