September 2018 Moms

Sister due next week and I just got a BFP

My sister is due with her first baby on the 9th, and just today I got a positive hpt. It's my second baby. Of course I'm a bit nervous announcing anything before 12w but I did announce to my immediate family right away with my DD. Should i tell her this weekend, nonchalantly of course, or wait until after her baby is born? Also when the baby is born my parents will be staying with me for a few weeks and im afraid they might catch wind that somethings up with me, e.g. no coffee or wine

Re: Sister due next week and I just got a BFP

• HairBossMamaHairBossMama member
    edited January 2018
    Lol I’m in the same boat. This is my 3rd baby and my sisters 1st. She is due Jan 18th. I will wait until she has the baby a few weeks before I tell anybody. I did tell my Mom but I know she won’t say anything. I’m fluffy so I’m hoping they won’t notice the blump :D:D:D

If it were me, I would probably  discreetly tell them if they bring it up but if they don’t then let them guess!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kayokosaeki + @HairBossMama I'm in a similar boat. My older sister is due in June with her first and Im really nervous to tell her about us expecting our 2nd. I don't think she'll be particularly thrilled.
    AF Wife/ Mama / Brewing Baby H / Photographer
  • Loading the player...
  • I personally would wait until after her baby is born.
     Although, I don't see a need to share the news right away.
    I like it to be between myself and my husband for a bit. 
    With my second I became pregnant around my BIL and SIL's wedding. I didn't announce because I knew she would think the worst. 
    Everyone definitely suspected I was but they didn't know for sure
  • I think it depends on your relationship with your sister. My sister is having a csection this Thursday and she was the first person I told. My daughter held a sign that said “I’m getting a cousin” that my parents used to announce to their friends, so my sister wanted to have her son hold a sign to announce ours. My dad accidentally found out the other day and said he’ll keep it a secret from my mom (and pretend to be surprised) so we can announce next week with a cousin’s photo shoot. Ultimately it just depends how your sister is. Neither of us are attention seeking so she knows I’m not trying to steal her thunder and we’ll leave it up to my mom to decide when to announce to her friends (likely 2 seconds after she finds out, haha).