May 2018 Moms

PGAL Check-In 1/10

Hi everyone! How is everybody doing this week? 

How far along are you? 

Any appointments coming up? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

How are you doing?

GTKY: What Podcasts do you listen to?

Re: PGAL Check-In 1/10

• How far along are you? 24+2

Any appointments coming up? I go back on 2/1 for an appointment and my GD screening (blech).  I went last week for my 24 week appointment and everything looked good.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant- Getting back into the swing of things is hard right after break.  I am barely making it out the door in the morning.  I am also stressing about how much weight I have gained.  I don't even know how it is possible with the amount of food that doesn't stay down.  I've read that Phenegran can cause weight gain and I've been on that for a long time now, so I wonder if that is making a difference.  I know I can't really control it, but it is bumming me out to feel so big and still have so far to go.  Rave- We have a three day weekend this weekend.  I am looking forward to some extra rest and maybe going to see The Greatest Showman.  

How are you doing? I am doing okay, but now I like to stress myself out over thinking it has been too long since I felt the baby move.  I am getting pretty consistent movement at this point and I start to freak myself out.  I need to calm the eff down.

GTKY: What Podcasts do you listen to? I listen to the Reality Steve Podcast and The West Wing Weekly. I am listening to The Best of Friends and used to listen to Gilmore Guys when it was on.  I am stoked because one of the Gilmore Guys is back with a new cohost for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
  • abhphillyabhphilly member
    edited January 2018
    @mileswithmyles Same on the movement stress. And thank you for letting me know about the Gilmore Guys' return! I'm only on episode 4 of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, but I'm loving it.

How far along are you? 
    24w1d

Any appointments coming up? Had my 24wk appt yesterday and everything was fine. Scheduled glucose test for 26wks, but surprised that my office does it at the outpatient lab rather than the OB. Not looking forward to sitting in the lab waiting room for an hour.

Rants/Raves/Questions? This cold is driving me insane, but it seems to be getting better rather than worse now. The intern I'm training doesn't work on Wednesdays so I took today off and am trying to not use my voice at all. 

Oh, I've apparently reached the point of pregnancy where random elevator people tell me I'm having a boy! I was like "Thanks, I'm aware." Still not getting any seats on the subway, but I think that's just that people are rude. I suppose I'm fully capable of standing but in a few weeks I'll start the whole holding my back and moaning thing. Lol.

How are you doing? Decently, but always worried something will go wrong, because it always has before. I begged for the 32 week growth scan mainly because I want another chance to check out the nasal bone (it's technically for hypothyroidism, but that's well-managed so it shouldn't affect baby), but now I'm wondering if it'll just stress me out more if he still doesn't have one that close to birth.

GTKY: What Podcasts do you listen to? Trivial Warfare is an awesome trivia podcast we listen to on all long car rides. It's difficult but not impossible. I also like This American Life (original, right?!) and Young House Love.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @abhphilly No problem!  My SIL was the one who told me they had released it.  It is Kevin and Alice Wetterlund (who was a guest a lot on GG and BB).  I'm sorry you're stressing about movement, too.  FFWC- When we were in NY, I totally stood with my hands on my belly and made my stomach look really obvious to guilt people into seats on the subway or ferries.  It worked most of the time.  ;)
  • How far along are you?   24w1d

Any appointments coming up?  I had my 24 week OB appt yesterday and that was uneventful.  I don't have anything until the 30th, which is another appt with my MFM.  And hoping to hear back about the rest of my amnio results in the next week or so. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  DS is doing so good in his big boy bed and I am so proud of him!  And he did amazing at the dentist the other day.  Only cried a little.  I can't believe how much he is growing up.  Cue the tears!

How are you doing?  I am doing okay.  Work is busy, which helps take my mind off of things.  I just really want those amnio results....

GTKY: What Podcasts do you listen to?  None
  • @mileswithmyles I freak myself out about the movement too.  I hate it!

@abhphilly Hopefully the u/s will just give you peace of mind!
  • @sparklingdiamond FX for the results coming sooner rather than later.  So glad DS is doing well with that transition.  I have been pleasantly surprised by how my DS has done with that transition.  He is actually sleeping better!
  • @mileswithmyles I think we made it a bigger deal in our head than it turned out to be!  I thought I was going to have to lay with him every night to get him to go to sleep.  I don't mind laying with him, just didn't that to be the only way he would go to sleep.  But I just put him to bed like I normally do, kiss him goodnight and he's been fine!
  • I'm also sure lack of movement will cause me anxiety, but I don't think I've felt any yet, or at least none that I can say yup that was a baby and not hmm I wonder if that was digestion? The midwife said my placenta is anterior so that can happen, baby was moving all in the US so I know it moves. 

How far along are you?  20 weeks today

Not until February

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Rant end of semester sucks when you have no motivation to grade or do really anything. 

Raves new semester starts the week after next and hopefully seeing new faces will motivate me to actually do work I feel like a terrible teacher right now. 

How are you doing?
    Good, we had AS last week  and aside from a scare of them telling me I was being referred to a major hospital 3 hours away (turns out it was a receptionist snafu) I think it went well, though I anxiously check my portal to see the report results but I figure I haven't gotten a call in a week so everything should be fine right? 

Also we've finally announced to Facebook to keep MIL from asking when she was allowed to announce it on facebook. I wasn't really ready but I didn't want her to do it for me. 

I love the birth hour. I've probably been listening to it secretly for the past 4 years and I'm a ftm with only a pregnancy last year. If you like to listen to different birth stories I highly recommend it. 

I also liked the Purposeful home podcast. But find after the first season they're getting really repetitive. 
  • @mileswithmyles I freak out a little too with movement. If I'm busy at work and then I can't remember the last time I felt him move I somehow convince myself somethings wrong.

@abhphilly I also feel like pregnancy becomes the hot topic in elevators...

@sparklingdiamond fx for your results coming soon..

@jhysmath I like the birth hour too!

How far along are you? 
    24 +1

GD screening 1/25 and OB appt 1/30

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Kind of a rant- my husband wants to wait until after we do taxes to start buy any big items for the nursery. I'm not quite sure why it makes sense since we will buy them anyway... I'm anxious to start! 

How are you doing?
    Pretty good. I've been crazy busy at work lately which has made time speed by. 

*TW Loss*
    Our EDD for our first baby was last weekend, which made me a little sad.
    End TW*

I haven't been big on podcasts lately - The Birthful podcast, My favorite murder... I also listened to S-town and Up and Vanished this past year.

• @rachelg777 I found my EDD for our last pregancy to be tough too, but by the end of the day I realized how grateful I was to be pregnant (and further along than last time) and it kind of felt like a celebrating moment. It's definitely bittersweet but I hope you're feeling ok now. 

How far along are you? 

12w, 5d.
    Not until the 19th!
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    More people at work are beginning to learn that I'm pregnant.
    Being beyond the half way mark has been building my confidence and excitement which I am enjoying.
    On the flip side, I'm exhausted and work has been stressful lately! I was actually offered a 1 year position today (and then I'd go back to my regular job after 1 year). It's higher paying, but the job itself is kinda dull... but less stressful. I don't know if I can/should accept at job when I'm almost 23 weeks pregnant and have no idea when I'll go off work (plus I'm in Canada, so I won't be returning to work for 12+months). Has anyone been in a similar situation? I don't know if I can morally accept the job, and I think if I say I'm pregnant they will say I can't come because I am not available for the whole year..... ahhh don't know what I should do, or what I want to do!!!
    How are you doing?
    Pretty good. I can't really complain. A lot of you ladies are going through tough times right now so I feel for you.
    Currently I am listening to a couple of pregnancy podcasts which have been decent but nothing to write home about!